hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No post-match interview from Yogi?

Has he been reading the message boards and decided to gag himself?

2. Log in to remove the advert

On the BBC website usual bollucks

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the BBC website usual bollucks
    Nothing wrong with what he said IMO.

Winning doesn't have much to do with team lineup and subs IMO.

Its all to do with the mentality of the players.

Hopefully this win will bring back a winning mentality and the players can go on another winning streak.

Roll on the arabs!

I really wish people would lay off Yogi.

What about his interview was "bollucks?"

He may not be that good with words but he speaks with passion about the club that he loves.

Personally, I love his interviews.

The usual 'goals in the team' translates to we played p$$h again this week but got a couple of goals and managed to cling on again.

Story of most of our wins this season.

The usual 'goals in the team' translates to we played p$$h again this week but got a couple of goals and managed to cling on again.

Oh right, I get it. So he said we have goals in the team but didn't play that well. A fair assesment of the game going by most reports. But yet that's "bollucks"...seems fair.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar

We got three goals, not a couple and were hardly clinging on. If we had to we could probably have upped it a bit more second half and scored more. We didn't have to. Exactly the point I made yesterday. We work harder and grind out a result and yet STILL it isn't good enough. Better to play with that mythical flair that's only actually been seen in a few short spells since the 50's but lose 3-0?

So do we want him to say nothing then slag him off for ignoring the fans or do we want him to comment and then slag him him off for saying the same old same old?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    So do we want him to say nothing then slag him off for ignoring the fans or do we want him to comment and then slag him him off for saying the same old same old?
    Both. Then there's no excuse for anyone not being able to have a go at him.

Blog Entries

Sorry,you get the rant

Who are all these tosspots that can do better than Yogi ?

Yorkie,could you PLEASE give us your qualifications,and your inside knowledge,regarding training,to make you think you know better than our current manager.

just interested likes !

(this goes to all the aforementioned tosspots that think they know better)
    Last edited by jabis; 27-03-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: there is no edit !

Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp View Post
    Both. Then there's no excuse for anyone not being able to have a go at him.
    Sorry but can someone post a link to this audio as I for some reson can't find it
    Last edited by RoxburghHibs; 27-03-2010 at 10:19 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    We got three goals, not a couple and were hardly clinging on. If we had to we could probably have upped it a bit more second half and scored more. We didn't have to. Exactly the point I made yesterday. We work harder and grind out a result and yet STILL it isn't good enough. Better to play with that mythical flair that's only actually been seen in a few short spells since the 50's but lose 3-0?
    The bit in bold. How many incredible chances did Falkirk miss today? On another day they might have scored 5 or 6. I did not feel we were in control of the game today, and haven't done many times in games this season. We never seem to have comfortable possession of the ball, and this is due to the shape of the team and the amount of options Hibs players have when on the ball. In my view of course

I haven't got an issue with Yogi's comments, I really really want him to do well. And it was a cracking result today our recent form considered, but the deficiencies are still there for all to see.

Get real. We were eye-bleedingly awful and a draw would have flattered us. If that's what you aspire to for Hibs, God help us.

And if you don't think we were clinging on by our fingertips in the second half, you may well have gone to the wrong game.

Flair isn't mythical - the biggest myth in football is that "winning ugly" gets you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Sorry but can someone post a link to this audio as I for some reson can't find it
    I still can't find it either.

Originally Posted by marinello59
    If those are the only two options, better he lets his team do the talking on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I still can't find it either.

If those are the only two options, better he lets his team do the talking on the park.

I couldn't find audio just this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8591022.stm

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Can't find the audio link, but somebody at the Beeb has typed it up here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8591022.stm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    Get real. We were eye-bleedingly awful and a draw would have flattered us. If that's what you aspire to for Hibs, God help us.

And if you don't think we were clinging on by our fingertips in the second half, you may well have gone to the wrong game.

Flair isn't mythical - the biggest myth in football is that "winning ugly" gets you anywhere.

please explain to those who are gin n' toniced !

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Nothing wrong with what he said IMO.

Winning doesn't have much to do with team lineup and subs IMO.

Its all to do with the mentality of the players.

Hopefully this win will bring back a winning mentality and the players can go on another winning streak.

Roll on the arabs!
    ...though it really helps if the other team are completely inept in front of goal.

a do agree that this may well bring back a positive mentality, but it's still a tad disconcerting that a sub wasn't made till the 85th minute when it was painfully clear we needed it half an hour before. god knows what would have happened if they'd scraped a goal.

as i said though, hopefully the result its self a first step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    [/B]

please explain to those who are gin n' toniced !
    OK You can win one game, or even two "ugly". (we weren't "ugly" today, just crap). But if you set high standards and play football, you've got more chance in the long term.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar

we didn't really 'win ugly' today - that involves not giving the other team a sniff of goal, planting a bus in front of the sticks etc. that CAN get you places, look at everton a few years back when they came fourth - just about every game they won was 1-0.

from what i gleaned off the radio, we were pish today and relied purely on the talent of our strikers that we are very lucky to have at our disposal.

Blog Entries
    OK You can win one game, or even two "ugly". (we weren't "ugly" today, just crap). But if you set high standards and play football, you've got more chance in the long term.
    Aaaaahhhhhhh !

given the choise,in the last 10 games,I would have taken an extra 2 ugly wins,and as many "crap"wins as the good Lord see's fit.

cheers for clearing it up

Its could get rangers a double and has got them to the UEFA cup Final and come to think of it all their trophies in their history.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

It always surprises me when guys who were at the game come back with different opinions off how we played.

As said I’ve given up on Yogi because its crystal clear to me he hasn't got a clue, have a pop if you like but show me the evidence I’m wrong

The Radio coverage yesterday was not good listening and the games I’ve witnessed first hand this season have been shocking.

Like last week if our opposition had there shooting boots on we could have suffered a heavy defeat but Luck was on our side yesterday and all 3 points were won by us.

We have the Arabs next who are the most improved side in the SPL and if we continue to play the way we have and that includes the Falkirk game we’ll get a doing.

Sorry,you get the rant

Yorkie,could you PLEASE give us your qualifications,and your inside knowledge,regarding training,to make you think you know better than our current manager.

just interested likes !

Im sure Yorkie can fight his own battles but a lot of folk make this point whenever a managers criticised. When someone comes out of a film and says the acting was cr@p or someone comes out of a restaurant and says the meal was cr@p nobody ever says to them were you at film school or have you done a catering course. They accept their opinion based on a lifetime of watching films or eating : And yet if anyone makes an opinion based on a lifetime of watching fitba its immediately show us your medals .

FWIW I was delighted with yesterdays win and as has so often been the case this season the difference between us and most of the competition is that we have quality upfront in Stokes and Deek. Other than that , better effort from the team but concerns that we were still outplayed for chunks of the game and were pretty gash for chunks of the game.
    Last edited by Brizo; 28-03-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    Im sure Yorkie can fight his own battles but a lot of folk make this point whenever a managers criticised. When someone comes out of a film and says the acting was cr@p or someone comes out of a restaurant and says the meal was cr@p nobody ever says to them were you at film school or have you done a catering course. They accept their opinion based on a lifetime of watching films or eating : And yet if anyone makes an opinion based on a lifetime of watching fitba its immediately show us your medals .

FWIW I was delighted with yesterdays win and as has so often been the case this season the difference between us and most of the competition is that we have quality upfront in Stokes and Deek. Other than that , better effort from the team but concerns that we were still outplayed for chunks of the game and were pretty gash for chunks of the game.
    Listen if you keep posting like that you'll end up on my to view named list great reply Brizo cant wait to read his response

Blog Entries
    There is a big difference between knowing a meal or a film was rubbish, and having the ability to make a better one yourself however......

Lots of people suggesting better 'recipies' or 'scripts' who have never 'cooked' or 'directed'
    Last edited by down-the-slope; 28-03-2010 at 08:55 AM.

It gets teams quite far actually.

All the top clubs in the world do it when they are having a bad day.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    It gets teams quite far actually.

All the top clubs in the world do it when they are having a bad day.
    They dont have a bad 3 months though, where we cant even seem to win ugly. When the big teams win ugly they are still pretty solid across the park, we have been rank across the park for the last 3 months. Good teams will play well through a season peppered with the odd 'ugly win'. Bad teams will play bad for most of the season peppered with an ugly win.

I am delighted we won yesterday, but I am still very concerned how the players are performing and most of all how we are performing as a team. I thought Yogi would be the best at getting teams to gel, getting work rate up and getting confidence into a team. I am confused why Yogi seems unable to to instil any confidence and get the team playing as a 'team'

Dundee Utd is the biggest game of the season, if we win, with a decent performance it may be enough to get to the finish line. If we play badly and get beat, I fear that any confidence will be gone.

I just hope that on Wednesday we cheer them on with no booing during the game, but if another bad performance is turned in with no fight, then I think a chorus of boos at the final whistle will show the players the fans aint happy, but please, no boos during the match! (unless its for the ref or the Utd players!)

Sorry,you get the rant

just interested likes !

For the majority of this season yogi has been talking the talk off the field but in terms of performances by the team on the park we have rarely produced any flair, drive , commitment , skill , mental toughness , dedication etc on the field.

Several times he has said ' we have goals in the team' which has saved us for the majority of the season where we have not performed but have fluked last min wins etc.

Over the last few weeks we have still Bern playing poor but not getting the flukey goals / wins again until yesterday. IMO take stokes out that team and we would be bottom six aschis goals have carried us this season.

My dad was at the game yesterday as he stays near Falkirk and as a pensioner
    Got in the Falkirk end for £10. I spoke to him after the match and he said we were very poor and clinging on in the second half. Yes we had a 2 goal cushion but the chances Falkirk created could easily have brought them level / won.

Was I delighted we won- of course I was. I still think we are rotten as a team in terms of balance / tactics / attitude. I was at the killie game a few weeks ago I was also at tynie last weekend. I also pay my dads season ticket and follow everthing online etc. I think we have the right players but the wrong manager to make us a cup winning team / 3rd place.

Personally I can't listen to his rambling anymore pre / post match and as it is a public message board then I'm entitled to my opinion. If we get thirdbthen hats off to Yogi I was wrong. I didnt want him here in the first place there was obviously reasons why he dodged delegation on the last day of the season and as a manager I think he's an idiot from some of his post match comments / referee accusations / giving the v's to HIBS fans in the past.

Overall I think we have a good set of players who are badly organised/ managed and Yogi is now being found out.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    They dont have a bad 3 months though, where we cant even seem to win ugly. When the big teams win ugly they are still pretty solid across the park, we have been rank across the park for the last 3 months. Good teams will play well through a season peppered with the odd 'ugly win'. Bad teams will play bad for most of the season peppered with an ugly win.

I am delighted we won yesterday, but I am still very concerned how the players are performing and most of all how we are performing as a team. I thought Yogi would be the best at getting teams to gel, getting work rate up and getting confidence into a team. I am confused why Yogi seems unable to to instil any confidence and get the team playing as a 'team'

Dundee Utd is the biggest game of the season, if we win, with a decent performance it may be enough to get to the finish line. If we play badly and get beat, I fear that any confidence will be gone.

I just hope that on Wednesday we cheer them on with no booing during the game, but if another bad performance is turned in with no fight, then I think a chorus of boos at the final whistle will show the players the fans aint happy, but please, no boos during the match! (unless its for the ref or the Utd players!)
    Yes I agree.

And I do find if oddly strange that Yogi hasn't been able to instil some guts into the side yet.

Which leaves the big question. Who is at fault?

Is Yogi saying something wrong in the dressing room? Or are the players heads just too far up their own backsides?

Or maybe its a little bit of both.

But in any case, i'm looking forward to our game against Dundee Utd and even if we don't improve that much from yesterday but still win, i'd happily take that for now.

It's astonishing how we could see ourselves in 3rd again during the week.