hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Racenight

Racenight

RACENIGHT - following on from the other thread, but we always seem to get a good response for games but not alot else.

John/Fenton/Deek and to a certain extent I are putting in alot of effort & in some cases a chunk of money to make this night a success. WE NEED EVERYONE to help out, so far this has not been the case, as soon as we know it, the 1st of may will be upon us.

Below are a list of players - sorry if i have forgot anyone, who have played/been involved for us in 2010 & will hopefully stay on as we go amatuer......but if folk cant be bothered helping out/getting numbers along etc then i would be keen to say

Geoff
    Muzzy
    Gus
    Pete M
    Josh
    Tarq
    Fonz
    Ritchie
    Archie
    Drysdale
    Deek
    Fenton
    Sean
    Colin
    Bruce
    Nick
    Ben
    Teo
    Ali
    Danny
    Chuckie
    Paul
    Janetta

thats 23 lads - out of that i know of only 2 who cannot make it (archie/ritchie, although aarchies missus is coming)

So already we have 21 bodies, we need everyone to bring 4 people each - thats not alot & anymore is

Come on laddies, let us know whats happening are you in or are you out.......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Didn't realise this was quite so pressing what with it being over a month away.

I'm definitely in, and will most likely buy a horse just for the banter.

Regarding flogging tickets, the vast majority of my mates who are likely to be interested in this kind of event either work weekends or are out-of-towners (i.e. Glasgow and beyond)

Regarding additional contributions through club funds, which other folk with more Hibby mates than I will be making through ticket sales, if I can't flog my "quota", I'm more than happy to just contribute £30 to club funds (not Fenton's "Booze Jar" ) in lieu of this, a proposal which will doubtless just add fuel to the fire that I'm "loaded" and "David Cameron's love child"!!

To summarise, Gus, I'm in!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't realise this was quite so pressing what with it being over a month away.
    Right let me make this absolutely clear to ALL our players.

It's a month or so away...BUT.

we have 56 horses to sell
    we have 7 race sponsors to sell.

we need to have all the money collected in within about "2 weeks before the raceninght"

WHY?
    because we need the cash to buy the buffet, pay for the disco, rent the projector (mibby)...and we also need a week or so to complete the program/racecard and get them printed.

So, can all the above named players please respond NOW to let me or Fenton know that you will be there, how many entry tickets you'd like, how many horses and/or race sponsors you have managed to shift.

TBH guys, I know it seems like Fenton and me are being a bit bullyish and pushy about this, but it's only because no-one is making the effort and if people dont get the finger out this it all gonna go t!ts up. we will lose the £300 already paid out by our own pockets and will not be able to enter the league.

so there its is, Ive laid it on the line, this can't happen without you!!!!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post

we need to have all the money collected in within about "2 weeks before the raceninght"

I don't have any chance of getting race sponsors.

I will be re-asking people this week about attending, had a good response first time round but no-one was wanting to part with money, so long before the event. I will also see about selling horses at the same time.

I will have definit numbers by 4th april and the money paid on or before 13th apriil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    Right let me make this absolutely clear to ALL our players.

WHY?
    because we need the cash to buy the buffet, pay for the disco, rent the projector (mibby)...and we also need a week or so to complete the program/racecard and get them printed.

So, can all the above named players please respond NOW to let me or Fenton know that you will be there, how many entry tickets you'd like, how many horses and/or race sponsors you have managed to shift.

TBH guys, I know it seems like Fenton and me are being a bit bullyish and pushy about this, but it's only because no-one is making the effort and if people dont get the finger out this it all gonna go t!ts up. we will lose the £300 already paid out by our own pockets and will not be able to enter the league.

so there its is, Ive laid it on the line, this can't happen without you!!!!

How can 2 nancy-fairy-boys be bullyish??? oh Fonz!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    How can 2 nancy-fairy-boys be bullyish??? oh Fonz!!

I'll beast you

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    right i should be good for some tickets would imagine at least myself nick bruce and van laddie will come so there is a starter for four will also speak to the boss about sponsoring a race its a hard sell for me and my lot as to them its pretty much in glasgow
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    right i should be good for some tickets would imagine at least myself nick bruce and van laddie will come so there is a starter for four will also speak to the boss about sponsoring a race its a hard sell for me and my lot as to them its pretty much in glasgow
    Nice one Col

Will give you a sheet to sell some horses too

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Right I'll buy two horses. I'll see if i can sell a few more to anyone who wants to come. I'll do my best but as you know i'll be in the sick bin for a wee while.
    Hibernian Football Club

as long as ur no too sick to get yer wallet oot

in all seriousness tho, well done bud.