hibs.net Messageboard

I want your thoughts

Come on then all of you's that piped up slating Stack on Saturday and how much you wanted Smith back in goals.

What are you's saying to it now?? Commands his area well, what by coming and flapping at a cross

The fact of the matter is I have never read so much guff on this site for a long long time. Sure Stack should have dealt with it, he'd be the first to admit it but what about the saves he has made in the Ross County to keep us in the cup and the Hearts game. To make anyone a scapegoat for one mistake is a joke the team have before turning into a tanking, the whole team hasnt been performing for weeks and mistakes are being made all over the park.

Everyone needs to stand up and be counted but I think the team lacks character and leaders. Ultimately the management has to carry the can and sort this out.

I'm as gutted as the next person but have seen this coming for a while and half the people on hear think we are better than what we are and are dillusional.

Who do you blame now and how does it get sorted??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bring back Maka!

Bring back malkowski lol

Don't really think you can single out one player, but Nish should read the rules on the offside law from time to time...fud

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bring back Maka!
    Brown in goal with Maka on the bench please

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Come on then all of you's that piped up slating Stack on Saturday and how much you wanted Smith back in goals.

What are you's saying to it now?? Commands his area well, what by coming and flapping at a cross

The fact of the matter is I have never read so much guff on this site for a long long time. Sure Stack should have dealt with it, he'd be the first to admit it but what about the saves he has made in the Ross County to keep us in the cup and the Hearts game. To make anyone a scapegoat for one mistake is a joke the team have before turning into a tanking, the whole team hasnt been performing for weeks and mistakes are being made all over the park.

Everyone needs to stand up and be counted but I think the team lacks character and leaders. Ultimately the management has to carry the can and sort this out.

I'm as gutted as the next person but have seen this coming for a while and half the people on hear think we are better than what we are and are dillusional.

Have you seen Smith's "error"?

.... and Mixu...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Bring back Maka!
    too chuffin right?!?! bring back roughie too

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Stack and Smith are both very unspectacular keepers. Neither are particularly good shot stoppers but both at least had been pretty reliable when it came to the basics up unitl recent weeks. Now that both have been cursed with the Hibs effect, I think I'd honestly rather have Maka back in goals.
    Bit of a bomb scare but I do think he's the best shot stopper we've got at the club.

Bring back football

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Don't really think you can single out one player, but Nish should read the rules on the offside law from time to time...fud
    stick him in with the youth, they're reading all about the laws of the game....he might learn a thing or two.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Never understood these threads where we try and get one up on fellow Hibs fans...

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Never understood these threads where we try and get one up on fellow Hibs fans...
    Then clearly you are the type that needs an explanation.

Jist jokin

First Team Breakthrough Cal 7-0's Avatar
    Chucked back into the team after being dropped when playing well in goal, so I'll go for lack of first team footie.

At least you can console yourself with the smug self satisfaction that you knew better than everybody else..
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    It's obvious.
    Yogi panicked, knowing how important this game was and decided to throw Smith in when he really should have stuck with Stack, because of the first goal at Tynie. As others have said, Stack made some decent saves on Saturday and undoubtedly earned us this replay.

Yogi is losing/has lost the plot, I fear.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    I didn't single out stack and stuck up for him a little, and i'll probably do the same for Smith.

Error's happen, we've just had to endure more of them than most. It's a shame and we can moan about them all day, but the fact that those are essentially the only errors since Maka was pulled still has me feeling a bit (overly perhaps?) optimistic that they can still do a job and put this keeping hoodoo to rest.

I mean what can we do now? Put Brown in goals, change keeper every time there was an error.

It's just a shame that these 2 keepers have made errors in big games.

The lack of fight in the team is what really gets to me. 3 months of dross, down to all outfield players and the Manager. This pisses me off, this is what hurts the most.

I think your probably right about Stack but the "I told you so" tone of your post isn't constructive.

I also think finding someone to blame probably isn't the way to get it sorted. We have the players and management team we have until at least the end of the season so the way to get it sorted is for them to work together and play better, starting on Saturday.

This is hilarious!
    I can't believe we're all blaming one or two GK errors for our lack of recent form!
    We have guys in our team that have played for Celtic, Man Utd. Rangers, Norwich, Sunderland, to name but a few and they ended up at Hibs. I wonder why? We've given these guys a second chance when their careers have faltered at bigger clubs, but they're simply not knuckling down and seeing the light. Bamba for Liverpool? Benji for Barca? In yer dreams chaps! You need to earn moves like that. You can't get those moves in Lothian Road at the weekend!

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar

I'm watching you

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I singled out stack! Have been very unimpressed with him from the start and wont budge - bring back budgie!

If there is one thing that's consistent, it is that hibs never fail to disappoint! I'm not surprised at all and at some point we will have to realise 'we aint all that' and stop acting as though we are the big team! And, the thing that bothers me the most is if Hearts overtake us, that's where the biggest disappointment and hurt will come from!

Changing managers on a seasonally basis is no good, we have had no stability in ages - fur christs sake yogis just in the job!!! gie him a chance!

So, we are al hurt and disappointed! Whats flucking new?

We have been pish since Rangers turned us over at Easter Road months ago... thats the FACT...

Individual errors may cost a team goals but a Hibs team who work for each other and play in a system suited to their skills would've hammered Ross County tonight.

I honestly can't see us winning another game if we can't the basics right. We are not good enough (from back to front) to be lightweight in the midfield. 4-4-2 is the way forward.

At this rate the Yams will finish above us...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post

At this rate the Yams will finish above us...
    But that would mean they have to win 3 more matches and if they make the top 6 they're only due to play us once more. They can only raise their game for us - everyone else beats them.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeUnderwood View Post
    Brown in goal with Maka on the bench please
    Another panic decision by Hughes - what's the betting Brown in goal on Saturday? Three different goalies in 8 days!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Another panic decision by Hughes - what's the betting Brown in goal on Saturday? Three different goalies in 8 days!
    TBF the majority on here wanted Smith in goals tonight. We'll see what the knee-jerk reaction is later.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    TBF the majority on here wanted Smith in goals tonight. We'll see what the knee-jerk reaction is later.
    He shouldn't have dropped him in the first place. He's probably scratching his heid like the rest of us wondering why he got dropped in the first place?

Confidence probably at a low ebe. Well it will be now

Lucky to get a replay most folk said that after the first game
    Some fans didnt think we had a chance up there in darkest Dingwall.
    Plus we lost the best part of £500,000 tonight with that result
    Things can only get better eh .
    Thats another text dreading work tomorrow ,cheers Yogi tell the boys thanks for there efforts and give them a couple of days of to get themselves ready for the run in and Europe .

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

pretty sure there's a thread on the main forum about hibs teaching the young guys about the rules of the game...mr nish should seriously consider attending these classes(or forced to attend)