hibs.net Messageboard

Selling old mobiles to companies

I have a few old mobiles lying about and was going to sell them, problem is they are broken and really dont look like they would fix. Do any companies still buy them?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMcGinn1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a few old mobiles lying about and was going to sell them, problem is they are broken and really dont look like they would fix. Do any companies still buy them?
    They won't take them unless they are in a working order.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    They won't take them unless they are in a working order.
    Not true. You probably won't get much though but Envirofone etc. will take them

They do take them. Sold a few old phones to Mazuma one of which would not turn on. I stated that it was not working at when I was completing the online form and I think I got £2 or something for it.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vein View Post
    They do take them. Sold a few old phones to Mazuma one of which would not turn on. I stated that it was not working at when I was completing the online form and I think I got £2 or something for it.
    I sold a phone to Envirofone which had been through the washing machine, wouldn't turn on with a replacement battery and the battery from that phone wouldn't power another phone of similar model. The full value of the phone(in full working order) was £9.16, I was expecting about £1 as the non working value on Mazuma was about £2. I got an email after a couple of days saying my phone had passed all the tests and they would credit my bank account £9.16 and the best thing was the phone only cost me about £20 a year earlier

I think I just got lucky though Definitely worth a try, you'll get more from them than you will throwing them in a bin or leaving them in a drawer

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    fonebank are probably the best for deals just now, ive sent a few away in the last couple of months after checking various web sites

Well there you go, didn't realise they took them when knackered, I've only ever traded mine in when upgrading and it has to be seen to be working, I got £50 back for my last one with Phones4u.