hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abuse from fans

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar

Abuse from fans

The abuse from a good number of fans today was disgusting. Sure, we were sheite but this was beyond a joke. No need to take it to the levels that these pricks were going to. Is it any wonder we crumbled? I just hope the lads couldnt hear the comments when they were within range.

We should be behind the team as much as possible and leave the abuse for the opposition.

Funny how they turned as soon as we scored. Fair weather fans!

I was in lower tier right behind the goals.

2. Log in to remove the advert

i must say the only player i was giving stick to today was stack due to the fact he punts when he should throw and what ever he dose he dose it slow bring back smith

Quote Originally Posted by DE-V8 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The abuse from a good number of fans today was disgusting. Sure, we were sheite but this was beyond a joke. No need to take it to the levels that these pricks were going to. Is it any wonder we crumbled? I just hope the lads couldnt hear the comments when they were within range.

We should be behind the team as much as possible and leave the abuse for the opposition.

TBH it's getting a bit boring someone coming on here after every game to complain about some fans shouting at players. They were *****e today, they've been *****e for a while now, maybe, just maybe they deserve a bit stick.

First Team Breakthrough .Louise.'s Avatar

I was in the same section. There was a guy in row 8 seat 11 (?) who done nothing but abuse the team for the majority of the game! He even managed to have a couple of arguments with supporters around him!

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!

You might have been sitting behind me then as I was right behind the goals and there was one 'fan' who did nothing but abuse all our players, he saved his special abuse for Stack and Bamba. The boy next to him told him to support the team, but he just told him to ****** off. Then another boy in the second half told him to pipe down and he almost started on him.

Why do these guys bother turning up? Not much of a supporter.

There's a difference between shouting/heckling and full on personal abuse.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .Louise. View Post
    I was in the same section. There was a guy in row 8 seat 11 (?) who done nothing but abuse the team for the majority of the game! He even managed to have a couple of arguments with supporters around him!
    That is him, same guy as I was in Row 7 seat 11, when he shouted his abuse he would spit as well and quite a few of us got covered in spray!

Until the players start caring and gain some fire and desire I won't go radio rental about fans going radge.

Fair enough if it's personal abuse, that's not on. But the team needs to start showing passion and the lack of fight is quite rightly pissing off a section of the support.

First Team Breakthrough glenn6270's Avatar
    the team deserved it today they were shocking

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    That is him, same guy as I was in Row 7 seat 11, when he shouted his abuse he would spit as well and quite a few of us got covered in spray!
    That was one of them mate, I was 3 seats to your left. One of his mates was as bad.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Made me really proud to be associated with Hibs listening to some of the Powell-esque racist bile spewing forth from some of our fans today.

As Hainan and DE-V8 said/implied, there's a difference between normal football heckling and personal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Until the players start caring and gain some fire and desire I won't go radio rental about fans going radge.

Fair enough if it's personal abuse, that's not on. But the team needs to start showing passion and the lack of fight is quite rightly pissing off a section of the support.

The fans had every right to go radge today.

Pathetic stuff. Bunch of gutless, spineless goons.

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    TBH it's getting a bit boring someone coming on here after every game to complain about some fans shouting at players. They were *****e today, they've been *****e for a while now, maybe, just maybe they deserve a bit stick.

Yeah, they have been crap and so have some of the "fans" - it's the level of abuse that's the problem. Last week I posted to say Nish & Wotherspoon were getting abuse before the match even kicked off. These guys must have looked into their crystal ball

So, I agree - some "fans" these guys are... ps - the ones that spring to mind over the last few weeks have been older guys late 40s, 50s etc.. so it's not even the inexperience of youth that brings this behaviour.

First Team Breakthrough Ginger Gehagan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Louise. View Post
    Yeah I was one of the people who told him to support the team. I know we were totally crap today but shouting non stop abuse is never going to make anyone play better.

Yeah that's right.

If our team isn't playing well then shouting personal abuse at them and booing helps gee them up and helps the cause. You're doing a good job.

First Team Breakthrough YetholmHibee's Avatar
    Well, if our leader can shout abuse from the sidelines to the players then why can't the fans?

Look at how the booing really helped and motivated the team last Saturday.
    It must fill the players with confidence.

However those fans that turned uptoday you can understand like the rest of us who did not go, that for once we thought we were on to something big and watch it all self destruct in front of them.

If the players showed just that little bit more passion and desire that extra little bit of dig we might not be in this rut.

Maybe if Yogi could realise that the battle needs to be won before the tippy tappy football.

By the end of Tuesday night another season of promise maybe gone.

I never felt I had to travel up Mid week for a cup replay since Clydebank at Cappilowe about 10 years ago.

Tuesday I am going up to Dingwall to support the Hibs, lets get behind them not boo them.

Regardless to what we think of some of the individuals in the team, they are all we have got until the Summer.

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875
    i think we had a right to shout at the team today, we were awful, we paid good money to see a team not turn up, but personal abuse is taking it a bit too far

First Team Breakthrough jazzy7070's Avatar
    Blah ****ing blah we are hibs get used to It.ps how do you spell youst?

First Team Breakthrough jazzy7070's Avatar
    This site should be full of hibbys,we should all know the crack by now if you want sucess every week **** off to a Glasgow team,we are consistently pish but this year we are I'm with a shout of Europe pish,if we do get Europe I'll be there and so will you so stop ****ing complaining and get on with it

Greety greety for the poor players who consistently fail to deliver the goods now expected! No excuses - we have and had a better team (on paper) out there and yet these jokers could not deliver at least a draw! You have low expectations if you think it is harsh that players get some abuse from time to time. is it not time for them to pay us back with some joy? Is it not time for us to win or achieve something? Look at the attendance figures? Look at the fact we have a medern stadium and training facilities and these underachievers cant even fight for our name?
    we have every right to criticise if we like! They deserve worse in my book....

Some people's spouses bully them, they don't have a dog to kick, but get to go to Easter road once a fourtnight.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I paid good money for my ticket today, paid good money for my season ticket...if i want to abuse a team who have not tried a leg since ****ing december then I will Were a ****ing joke and as soon as we all realise that the better

First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar
    Having none of this!!v Ive paid alot of money as a student buying a ST and supporting hibs away as often as possible and watching hibs getting destroyed by a terrible hearts team i feel i have the right to give the team abuse! We have been ****** for weeks now and the players need a right kick up the backside, as at this rate were heading for 6th!!
    Watching us at 2-0 down and stevenson launching the ball to nobody wasthe most frustrating i have seen hibs ever!

listen mate , ive been reading these threads for years and every single time i come on here its the type of people like you that make me want to go crazy. let the people do wat they want since it is them who paid a fortune to get in .... if your not happy with them why not bring it up with them there and them . you people make me ashamed , grow some balls and stop bringing attention to yourself on the internet.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post

Forget the personal abuse stuff but the team have been rank rotten for the last 3 months so fans going radge is justified.

And as vahibbie has said it's getting bit boring someone coming on here after every game to complain about some fans shouting at players because it's in there hands to change things around.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Look at how the booing really helped and motivated the team last Saturday.
    It must fill the players with confidence.

However those fans that turned uptoday you can understand like the rest of us who did not go, that for once we thought we were on to something big and watch it all self destruct in front of them.
    If the players showed just that little bit more passion and desire that extra little bit of dig we might not be in this rut.

Maybe if Yogi could realise that the battle needs to be won before the tippy tappy football.

By the end of Tuesday night another season of promise maybe gone.

I never felt I had to travel up Mid week for a cup replay since Clydebank at Cappilowe about 10 years ago.

Tuesday I am going up to Dingwall to support the Hibs, lets get behind them not boo them.

Regardless to what we think of some of the individuals in the team, they are all we have got until the Summer.
    What have you been watching all season?

On to something big? You are having a laugh.....

Aye, frankly it is. I never boo Hibs players, but I'm not sure I understand your definition of abuse.

If Lewis Stevenson gets the ball in space and launches yet another aimless dunt through to their keeper, that is *****e, and, preferring to call a spade a spade, I would have no hesitation in expressing that opinion. Likewise when Stack repeatedly ignored Thicot and preferred to play long bangers with Balogh.

If Hibs players are going to crumble because the fans don't praise them to the heavens when they are turning out a crock of *****e like that, then they should throw in the towel and go and become librarians.

Or grow a pair and come back stronger next week??

And are you implying that when we got a goal back, all those that had previously said a nasty thing in the preceding 79 minutes should have sat there is silence muttering "Stokes still should have laid that ball off in the 12th minute"

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    I paid good money for my ticket today, paid good money for my season ticket...if i want to abuse a team who have not tried a leg since ****ing december then I will Were a ****ing joke and as soon as we all realise that the better
    Quote Originally Posted by Hfc_Since1875 View Post
    Having none of this!!v Ive paid alot of money as a student buying a ST and supporting hibs away as often as possible and watching hibs getting destroyed by a terrible hearts team i feel i have the right to give the team abuse! We have been ****** for weeks now and the players need a right kick up the backside, as at this rate were heading for 6th!!
    Watching us at 2-0 down and stevenson launching the ball to nobody wasthe most frustrating i have seen hibs ever!
    Do you actually think what you do helps?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    Made me really proud to be associated with Hibs listening to some of the Powell-esque racist bile spewing forth from some of our fans today.

As Hainan and DE-V8 said/implied, there's a difference between normal football heckling and personal abuse.
    At least Enoch was eloquent in his racism.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    Yeah that's right.

If our team isn't playing well then shouting personal abuse at them and booing helps gee them up and helps the cause. You're doing a good job.
    It helps the cause of these no marks when their abuse makes a player nervous and he then goes on to make more mistakes. Their cause being to make as many people feel as sh*t about themselves as they do.

I have yet to see a psychology manual that suggests bullying as an effective way to bring about change. Clearly these guys owe their success in life to bucking the trend, and (if they could write) I'm sure they have a lot to contribute to our evolution as a species.

I doubt if the boo boys would accept being abused in the same way as they dish it out though. I wish I could find out where these f*nnies work, and then follow them around on the job, telling them how p*sh they are.

"Play for the overalls, you ya fckin fck, fr fcks sake. Fck."

Yep that would work.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 21-03-2010 at 09:08 AM.