hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

What's with Deeks?

What is it with Deeks? 5 minutes after getting involved in a shouting match with the bench he scores. His and the teams only shot on target and even then he nearly skied it!

When he scores he has a pop at the Jambos instead of collecting the ball and getting back up the park to chase an equaliser. He also points the finger at the manager as if to say "and you can **** off too"
    And to cap it off he tells the Hibs support to lift the noise level.

You have to ask: Does Derek think he's better than he really is. Yes we all know what he's capable of but you could say that about the whole bloody team. I really thought he would take this second chance at Hibs to prove what he could do then get his move south on the back of it. At this moment in time he has no chance of progressing.

So what's the problem Deeks?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is it with Deeks? 5 minutes after getting involved in a shouting match with the bench he scores. His and the teams only shot on target and even then he nearly skied it!

When he scores he has a pop at the Jambos instead of collecting the ball and getting back up the park to chase an equaliser. He also points the finger at the manager as if to say "and you can **** off too"

You have to ask: Does Derek think he's better than he really is. Yes we all know what he's capable of but you could say that about the whole bloody team. I really thought he would take this second chance at Hibs to prove what he could do then get his move south on the back of it. At this moment in time he has no chance of progressing.

He was hurting the same as the rest of the Hibees at that dump and he'd just scored against them to bring us back into the game and give us a lifeline, give him a break FFS.

First Team Breakthrough
    just about to post that!

...he was about to get subbed and then he scored and let Hughes know all about it. He was lazy today, Galbraith was stripped to come on.

Thinks hes better than he is. Hes good when were winning, but his head goes down when we need some fight in the team.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    He was hurting the same as the rest of the Hibees at that dump and he'd just scored against them to bring us back into the game and give us a lifeline, give him a break FFS.
    ... awe, the wee shame, he was hurting.... he needs a boot up the backside to tell him its not all about him. A wasted talent, all his own fault for not showing desire or fight.

I think its more that he isn't as good as some of the people on this board thinks he is.

When he was at Hibs the first time I always thought he would struggle to make it elsewhere and was actually a little bit surprised when he left.

He is one of those weird players that has all the skill and talent in the world but he isn't really a proper striker, winger or midfielder and to have him in your team you almost have to create a position for him as he doesn't fit into a regular formation.

It worked under Mowbray because he played a system to get the best from him and had the players to make it work. We just don't anymore.

I have been criticised a lot on this board for having this opinion but we have to use the strength of the squad as best we can and for me he has no place in our best 'team'

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    FFS, who else can score goals regularly in our team other than Stokes and Riordan (both on target for 20 goals). Focus on the real problem areas first please.

There is nothing wrong with Deeks he got his goal and played his part and the loss today was nothing to do with him..................unfortunately that's what he probably thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    I think its more that he isn't as good as some of the people on this board thinks he is.

When he was at Hibs the first time I always thought he would struggle to make it elsewhere and was actually a little bit surprised when he left.

He is one of those weird players that has all the skill and talent in the world but he isn't really a proper striker, winger or midfielder and to have him in your team you almost have to create a position for him as he doesn't fit into a regular formation.

It worked under Mowbray because he played a system to get the best from him and had the players to make it work. We just don't anymore.

I have been criticised a lot on this board for having this opinion but we have to use the strength of the squad as best we can and for me he has no place in our best 'team'
    Right on cue.......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    ... awe, the wee shame, he was hurting.... he needs a boot up the backside to tell him its not all about him. A wasted talent, all his own fault for not showing desire or fight.
    Imagine if he was as much if a waste of jersey as Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Right on cue.......
    Feel free to point out anything in my post that isn't true....

I have only ever questioned his attitude and application, never his quality or talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    Feel free to point out anything in my post that isn't true....

I have only ever questioned his attitude and application, never his quality or talent.

Aye, lets get into another debate wi you about the merits of your favourite player. Derek Riordan.

Yes, lets....

The laddy must be seriously p!ssed off with being played out wide constantly.

Some folk say that Deek is a lazy Bassa and admittedly he doesn't put in as much of a shift as some others but he has improved in that area IMO. Ask yourself this though, if he's lazier than Stokes why play him in an area of the park where he needs to put in a shift, why not play Stokes wide?

IMO Riordan is a better all round striker than Stokes and should be played through the middle along side Stokes or a. n. other not at the expense of them. We should always play with two up front, this one up nonsense is just another of Yogi's poor tactical decisions... bad enough we do it away from home but he has us doing it at home as well.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    just about to post that!

...he was about to get subbed and then he scored and let Hughes know all about it. He was lazy today, Galbraith was stripped to come on.

Thinks hes better than he is. Hes good when were winning, but his head goes down when we need some fight in the team.
    And here's me thinking that Wotherspoon was going to get hooked as he had done virtually nothing during the game today worthy of note!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You would know?

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    you think ????

what a terrible post...

@hibs.net private member

I was told by someone who works for the TV and papers he said something along the lines of "that was for you" as Yogi allowed to stay on for a bit longer. Riordan went mental to get more time on the pitch as Yogi had just told him he was getting replaced by galbraith.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Aye, lets get into another debate wi you about the merits of your favourite player. Derek Riordan.

Yes, lets....
    Is that not what a message board is for?

IMHO, Riordan is a striker, not a left midfielder. However, I don'y believe he and Stokes could play upfront together either, too similar.

If it comes to the choice, I actually think Stokes is the better player, and is therefore ahead of him in the pecking order. It may not be popular but IMHO, it has to be Nish/Benji and Stokes/Riordan.

Didnae see Driver & Obua track back and go flying in to tackles today.

FFS what the hell do you think Deeks is supposed to do, did he no score today?

Honestly, a witchhunt week after week against Deeks.

Tell you what - as a support we are hounding guys like Deeks, Stokes & Miller out of this club and I for one dinnae want them to go anywhere.

The atmosphere at Hibs is a bit unpleasant at the moment IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    How clueless do you want to be?

He gets absolutely no service and is expected to run a lone furrow up front with no support. I feel sorry for him in all honesty, he has done unbelievably well to score as many goals in that team with the service he gets.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post

Tell you what - as a support we are hounding guys like Deeks, Stokes & Miller out of this club and I for one dinnae want them to go anywhere.

Spot on, its almost as if some are rubbing their hands together waiting for their own team to fail so that they can have another moan. The atmosphere at Easter Road was poisonous last week, been getting worse and worse for a while.

First Team Breakthrough

FFS

He knew he was not playing the best, getting abuse of the ****bos all game " riordan whats the score "

He scores a goal, he now tells the hearts fans the score.... he wants all the hibbes singing cause we have been moaning for the past few months( some of it probably due) and tells yogi your not taking me of anymore.

We are not ***Xing real madrid..were hibs.

Generally start seasons well and build up hope of something special.. then fall apart in January

It the hibs way

Lets all just hope we get through in dingwall on tues and end up forth and in Europe

First Team Breakthrough scotty1875's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    the boy is weak, he does think hes better than the rest, which is why he cant be bothered tracking back. example; loose ball. jason thomson chases, deek does sfa, ah, hibs are in trouble again. the boy has ability, but not the right attitude.

Lets be honest Deek isn't the problem, its the management, he is being played out of position but still comes good with 14 goals so far, we know he doesn't track back or tackle, he scores goals, good goals, lets build a team round him and let other people do the dirty stuff.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Lets be honest Deek isn't the problem, its the management, he is being played out of position but still comes good with 14 goals so far, we know he doesn't track back or tackle, he scores goals, good goals, lets build a team round him and let other people do the dirty stuff.
    Riordan is pushed into midfield to accomodate Yogis golden boy. If it came to a choice between Stokes or Riordan, give me Riordan every time. Riordan and Stokes together just doesn`t work.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Riordan is pushed into midfield to accomodate Yogis golden boy. If it came to a choice between Stokes or Riordan, give me Riordan every time. Riordan and Stokes together just doesn`t work.
    Good point, actually like the Nish Deek partnership, with a solid 4 in the middle, if we gat offered decent money for Stokes i would take it, Yogi must learn from his mistakes or he'll be gone sooner than he thinks.

What`s wrong with Deeks, that is his 3rd goal in 3 games.

First Team Breakthrough
    I.M.H.O. Deeks is a is a total non trier, in otherwords won't go in where it hurts. Also see Liam miller. That means we play effort wise with only 9 men.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage1875 View Post
    How clueless do you want to be?

He gets absolutely no service and is expected to run a lone furrow up front with no support. I feel sorry for him in all honesty, he has done unbelievably well to score as many goals in that team with the service he gets.

Awww shame he didn't get the little bally wally passed to him..

Didn't look remotely interested in working hard and putting there CH's under pressure..

Not as good as he likes to think he is..