hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stokes

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, it's all Stokes' fault.

He's not a target man and can't win headers? Correct, so why does Stack continue to pump long balls up to him?

He's not a team player? Stokes does the most chasing and closing down for us, so when he gets a half chance, he's entitled to take a shot on.

He runs along side waiting for the opposition to make a mistake?
    Yes, that's part of being a top striker, anticipating mistakes from the defence, it's seen him score a good number of goals for us this season.

Stokes is suffering like the rest of the team at the moment, but certainly wasn't helped today by the lack of support around him. At the end of the day, he's not a target man and shouldn't be played as a lone striker.

Get Riordan up front with him and develop a partnership
    instead of faffing around with 4-5-1, 4-2-4, 4-3-3.
    Absolutely. Deeks up front and Galbraith on the left. We have so many players not in their natural positions but guys, we have had a good season to date and we are going through a bit of a rum time just now and we will come through it hopefully starting this week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by benrocky View Post
    And before you comeback at me saying how many goals he has scores etc etc, he can't hold up play he's not a team player he can't win headers he runs along side waiting for the opposition making a mistake rather than playing the ball etc

I could go on but lets be honest he's really not much of a player !

When is yogi going to realise he's only living on past performances ie Falkirk,its about time he had Galbraith,Byrne,Hanlon on from the start.

It is obvious that things are going pear shape can do no harm to try we cant do any worse than what is happening.
    1. He's a poacher, not a target man.
    2. Given the service, he scores goals ala his 17 this season.

Stokes is miles better than Byrne!

Seriously is the fella posting this thread on something? Clearly has a problem with Stokes and I cant see why, I know its not a one man team but if you take away the goals stokes has scored to date we would be in a hell of worse position we are in today! Also things didnt work out down south for so many reasons other than his ability to play football he is such a talented player, stokes likes to play football, none of this long ball stuff, it doesnt work for him thats why he struggled at sheffield united his confidence was knocked massively while at sunderland and he knew coming to play for yogi he would be played week in week out therefore his confidence grew and he knows the (normally) yogi likes to play football and its worked for him so crawl back into your little whole! Stokes is a great player FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by morris1 View Post
    Seriously is the fella posting this thread on something? Clearly has a problem with Stokes and I cant see why, I know its not a one man team but if you take away the goals stokes has scored to date we would be in a hell of worse position we are in today! Also things didnt work out down south for so many reasons other than his ability to play football he is such a talented player, stokes likes to play football, none of this long ball stuff, it doesnt work for him thats why he struggled at sheffield united his confidence was knocked massively while at sunderland and he knew coming to play for yogi he would be played week in week out therefore his confidence grew and he knows the (normally) yogi likes to play football and its worked for him so crawl back into your little whole! Stokes is a great player FACT!
    Don't get so worked up over a thread,calm down man enough exitement for one day.
    I would like to thank all who took time to contribute to this thread it has been a blast.
    And I hope you all have a good week, hope to discuss something different next week.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Stokes was not the problem today
    Correct......STACK was however.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    People here forgetting that Stokes is only 21 and nothing like the finished article. He'll get physically stronger, and his touch will most likely improve. He needs to keep playing to do that, which makes a club like Hibs the best place for him to be at this point in his career.

He needs to be playing with someone who will take on the physical battles though. Someone who can challange. I maintain that he works best with Nish, and don't think that it's any coincidence that since Nish's appearances in the team have become more fleeting that Ant's goals have dried up a bit.

Stokes is a good player,not his fault he is not getting the support from our non existent midfield.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morris1 View Post

Whatever Anthony.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Don't get so worked up over a thread,calm down man enough exitement for one day.
    I would like to thank all who took time to contribute to this thread it has been a blast.
    And I hope you all have a good week, hope to discuss something different next week.

easily ammused LTYF

Maybe he doesn't win headers because Hughes doesn't do wingers.

I am a scaffy jambo welt.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    This thread is fail, pure and simple.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    If it wasnt for Stokes goals and 'lazy Riordans' goals where would we be in the league?. 31 goals between them...id wager bottom 3. maybe bottom 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    This thread is fail, pure and simple.

Correct