hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left by mutual consent!
    Bout a 5..

Went and played out wide in the 1st half to open up space on our right for Jamie as they put 2 men on me but we never passed the ball out wide to Jamie..

We never passed the ball at all actually!

We are, height wise, a relatively small team so to aimlessly punt the ball forward is just stupid!

Again we spoke before the game about keeping the ball down and playing it to feet but this didn't happen!

Why do folk ignore what we speak about?

That was the worst we've played in a long, LONG time!

Playing "Football" is a must for the Beers.. We're not set up to play hoofball an more importantly that's classless and not our style!

When we get the ball down and pass it we're a very competent side but when we resort to hoofing it we're a TERRIBLE football team..

The ball is round, the grass is green etc

Play football properly and the results will come :notworthy:

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough borstalboy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BigJ_86
    Disappointing to hear the result and accept my apologies for not showing up.

Got a bad bout of Food Poisioning Sat Night and was up all night and all day on Sunday being , still dont feel 100% today.

Will be more than willing to attend next training (cant make tonight, still dont feel well enough)/game to see if I can bring anything to the team.

Sorry again lads.

dont like rating mysel, i find it a bit anal.

Still think there needs to be somethin said after a game, everyone shut up n let John or Fentoss or whoever it is give a wee speil about what hapnd. whether we win or lose, doesnt have to be much.
    Then once the dust has settled, post up a more indepth view and rate each player with a wee comment. people can then comment on their thoughts.
    This way it is clear to all and can justify why someone may find themselves out the team.

There is no doubt that we can play good football and i thought there were a few moments that we threatened to, but, i saw a lot of people looking for excuses.

Stop berating ur own team mates, especially if ur no playin well urself.

Im no gonna hide away so here is an honest opinion:

Geoff: 9, another heroic display but badly let down by teammates

Jamie: 5, keep workin on ur fitness m8, it will come cos no doubt ur a player. unlucky wi injury.

Gus: 6, won a lot of good headers/tackles but overall game not completely convincing m8. good presence tho.

Muzzy: 5, playing out of position and it showed. Hesitant when the ball was there to be won, cant fault the effort n couldv done without people gettin on his case.

Josh: 6, Shaky start but imroved as game went on, linked up well down left and attacking threat from the back.

Ritchie: 5, Looked out of sorts m8, fitness thing maybe?? tackle of the match tho when u thumped that boy!!!(won the ball fairly mind!)

Sean: 6, Linked well with Josh, got more to offer.

Fenton: 6, worked hard n used ball well, not in game as much as would have liked.

Deek: well, i certainly tried lads!

Danny: 6, should have scored wi only real chance but let down wi a lack of service/support, put a shift in.

Paul: 5, like Danny, worked hard. not a natural striker.

John: 6: On for Jamie and put in a solid performance.
    normally subs get marked down for not being on the field for long enough but i think thats unjustified and the the P-man's performance for the time he was on deserved a 6 (awright!!)

Iv tried to score it with a positive view cos, well, whats the point?

Sue me................................................ ............

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dont like rating mysel, i find it a bit anal.

Still think there needs to be somethin said after a game, everyone shut up n let John or Fentoss or whoever it is give a wee speil about what hapnd. whether we win or lose, doesnt have to be much.
    Then once the dust has settled, post up a more indepth view and rate each player with a wee comment. people can then comment on their thoughts.
    This way it is clear to all and can justify why someone may find themselves out the team.

There is no doubt that we can play good football and i thought there were a few moments that we threatened to, but, i saw a lot of people looking for excuses.

Stop berating ur own team mates, especially if ur no playin well urself.

Im no gonna hide away so here is an honest opinion:

Geoff: 9, another heroic display but badly let down by teammates

Jamie: 5, keep workin on ur fitness m8, it will come cos no doubt ur a player. unlucky wi injury.

Gus: 6, won a lot of good headers/tackles but overall game not completely convincing m8. good presence tho.
    how dare you, playing with these jokers, is hardly suprising.... that's it

Muzzy: 5, playing out of position and it showed. Hesitant when the ball was there to be won, cant fault the effort n couldv done without people gettin on his case.

Josh: 6, Shaky start but imroved as game went on, linked up well down left and attacking threat from the back.

Ritchie: 5, Looked out of sorts m8, fitness thing maybe?? tackle of the match tho when u thumped that boy!!!(won the ball fairly mind!)

Sean: 6, Linked well with Josh, got more to offer.

Fenton: 6, worked hard n used ball well, not in game as much as would have liked.

Deek: well, i certainly tried lads!

Danny: 6, should have scored wi only real chance but let down wi a lack of service/support, put a shift in.

Paul: 5, like Danny, worked hard. not a natural striker.

John: 6: On for Jamie and put in a solid performance.
    normally subs get marked down for not being on the field for long enough but i think thats unjustified and the the P-man's performance for the time he was on deserved a 6 (awright!!)

Iv tried to score it with a positive view cos, well, whats the point?

Sue me................................................ ............
    :notworthy:

just want to add in...after my wee ootburst.

thought matt was very commanding when putting his name to headers. blocked a few boys coming thro the middle in the 2nd half.

that shot on goal was horrible tho mate.

Gus, thought u played well enough m8 but surely no-one can think they were that guid???? (apart fi Geof)

Im going on the assumption that ur comment was in sheer jest cos i think u wuld probably be outraged if i had said that you were better than Maradonna!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gus, thought u played well enough m8 but surely no-one can think they were that guid???? (apart fi Geof)

Im going on the assumption that ur comment was in sheer jest cos i think u wuld probably be outraged if i had said that you were better than Maradonna!
    aye it was mate, hence the festive Hogg, ha ha

Fair reflection I thought mate

John, one shot was awfull, but my second wasn't that bad

See you all at training