hibs.net Messageboard

Faxed Back to Kaunas

Season Ticket Sales

There will be an announcement in March about season tickets for next season. Would it be unreasonable to expect them to radically reduce the prices for kids so that their dads (and mums) can afford to take the future lifeblood of our club to games? I feel we are losing out, and attendances suffering, because of the prohibitive cost of taking your family to a match.

Hearts have a far better pricing structure than us for encouraging bairns to go to the games. Let's do something about it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    totally agree.

i know there was a family deal in the west stand (not sure if it applies elsewhere) this season as my dad and I (Student Pricing) took full advantage of it.

I think a family package / discount is paramount in attracting new fans (or old lost fans) to the ground.
    Hibernian Football Club

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    What are kid's prices at the minute for STs?

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I think with the new stand being built it really gives Hibs an excellent opportunity to do some sort of discounted tickets for bairns and family tickets, there are gonna be plenty empty seats for non cat a fixtures unless Hibs are sensible and reasonable when it comes to kid and familys ...

First Team Breakthrough
    My kids get concession in the FF....it's just the East that doesn't have concessions ; I presume that will change when the new stand is built..........the kids' season ticket is phenomenal value I think {?about £70 for 20 games}
    The club already do a lot to encourage future income , just not in the East so far.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonTurnbull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are kid's prices at the minute for STs?
    I think in the West its £65 plus a tenner for the Hibs Kids if you are a family group. Without family group and HK its £135.

I'm not sure the club could realistically do much more in ST pricing for kids. You can already get kids STs for a whole season for £75.

I would like to see a more graduated pricing structure. When the West stand was opened initially, the prices gradually increased from the FF Lower (ignoring the East, as it's going anyway.) to the centre of the West Upper. I think the club stopped this after moaning from fans but, IMHO, it's a sensible structure to have and is already in existence at most other football stadiums.

To be honest ST's are not the problem. Take my situation for example

Me and my boys go to between 12 and 15 games a season. 6 at home, same away (St J, Arabs etc) plus cup games. We pay full whack every time - in theory around £50 quid per game.

Now to get my boys an ST should make sense @£70 that would probably improve on the £66 plus booking fees. But they get 4 Hibs Kids games free a season. So no ST's for them

£350 for me for 6 games? I currently outlay only £150 per season. That's my budget. So no ST for me

So a parent & child package for club members of ten games for £250 might be a winner

The club needs to cater for those families who cannot afford a full-time commitment but want to support the club once a month or so
    Last edited by RIP; 22-02-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    To be honest ST's are not the problem. Take my situation for example

Me and my boys go to between 12 and 15 games a season. 6 at home, same away (St J, Arabs etc) plus cup games. We pay full whack every time - in theory around £50 quid per game.

Now to get my boys an ST should make sense @£70 that would probably improve on the £66 plus booking fees. But they get 4 Hibs Kids games free a season. So no ST's for them

£350 for me for 6 games? I currently outlay only £150 per season. That's my budget. So no ST for me

So a parent & child package for club members of ten games for £250 might be a winner

The club needs to cater for those families who cannot afford a full-time commitment but want to support the club once a month or so
    It's a fair point - not everyone wants to buy a season ticket but would still like to take their kids to certain games during the season. The club also needs revenue from walk-up ticket sales so making a child, say a fiver a game, would entice a lot of fans to go along and give the club much-needed cash. Remember, the parents are also splashing cash for pies etc, and also spending in the club shop.

Coaching Staff
    We have to walk a fine line on this. Obvioulsy those who already have tickets don't see the price as too prohibiitive and therefore Hibs can reasonably expect those same people to pay along the same lines.

If they go discounting then they run the risk of those same people being the ones that are interested, but paying less.

Will we really get that many more with discounted prices?

We can certainly do more with community things, tickets for schools and clubs and getting young kids in that way with more seats, but we have to be careful about discounting the season tickets too much.

Hearts probably get more fans in but get a lot less income from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    We have to walk a fine line on this. Obvioulsy those who already have tickets don't see the price as too prohibiitive and therefore Hibs can reasonably expect those same people to pay along the same lines.

If they go discounting then they run the risk of those same people being the ones that are interested, but paying less.

We can certainly do more with community things, tickets for schools and clubs and getting young kids in that way with more seats, but we have to be careful about discounting the season tickets too much.

Friend of mine bought both his boys ST's at £19, but the younger one isn't really interested. There are times during the season when that seat isn't used but can't be sold at walk-up price.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Offer a discount across the board and we would have to sell an awful lot of extra tickets to cover the shortfall. It would be a gamble with little chance of paying off. Season ticket sales are about far more than price alone.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.