hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone had said to me at the start of this season, we'd be challenging for 3rd and in the quarter finals of the cup come the end of February, i'd have taken that, and i think most fans would be the same. It seems people want more now.
    You mention that we have 8 players that are either mince or not trying, plus a position that has not been filled in right back, and yet you praise the manager and say that he is doing a great job? Well I think your logic is flawed if the this manager has signed 7 or 8 players and still has a team with 8 duffers or non triers in the side!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Yogi recently set the TARGET for the season to be 3rd place and he was quite right to do so, his new look side having shown the consistency of results to be still in touch with Celtic at the time.
    Does that mean we should EXPECT to be there though? Of course not - finishing 3rd will require a scrap all the way to the line with all the other teams and Dundee Utd in particular aiming to make it as diffficult as possible for us.
    What we can do is HOPE and give the team every bit of backing and encouragement we can from the stands every game. I think the OP is right that the last few results are a reality check - but not just for the players - for the fans as well.
    Hopefully the fans as a whole will now realise that we have no right to sit complacently in the stands expecting an easy victory to be served up on a plate, and rather than sitting on our hands or moaning will get right behind the team on saturday and help to urge them on to victory!
    We shouldnt 'expect' to be in 3rd, but we should expect decent performances, or at least 1 in the last 4 games. Did you 'EXPECT' to get beat 5 - 1 from St johnstone? , 1- 0 from motherwell, 3-0 from rangers all of which were pretty bad performances. My argument is that all teams go off the boil, but recent performances it looks like we have frozen. people mention the fans have panicked, I think its the players and mostly Yogi that has panicked. The players look lost at times and the team selections and tactics look desperate at times. In saying that, Yogi seems like a manager that learns fast and he may be able to pull us back up.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    you mention that we have 8 players that are either mince or not trying, plus a position that has not been filled in right back, and yet you praise the manager and say that he is doing a great job? Well i think your logic is flawed if the this manager has signed 7 or 8 players and still has a team with 8 duffers or non triers in the side!
    whoosh

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    whoosh
    You talk about them in your reply to Neil F

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Complacency is not the issue amongst the support. In the main that atmosphere is fed by fear of failure and disappointment.

I'm afraid after recent results it will only be worse than normal this Saturday, not better.
    Basehibby has a point though. The only thing fans can do to help the performance of their team is shout, chant and sing encouragement. Whatever the reasons behind the silence, the Hibs fans as a unit are not performing any better than the team.

Get behind the players instead of on top of them .

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Before we beat Celtic at Parkhead, on paper should we have beat them.

Yes St. Johnstone beat us 5-1 last week, and even 2-1 in the cup, but right before the cup game, we beat them 3-0.
    And there is a reason why we are 3rd and they are in the bottom 6.

ahem 3-1
    Hibernian Football Club

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    You talk about them in your reply to Neil F
    Double whoosh