hibs.net Messageboard

Mister P's spiel....

Right guys…here’s the big spiel….

Wanted to say this to as many people directly as possible so did it tonight, then everyone else can catch up here.

With regards to us joining a proper Sunday league next season.

I’m gonna continue doing the gaffer role and intend to do if fully to the best of my ability.
    I’m no Yogi but I will definitely give it 110%.
    We have a huge squad of players now and it’s looking really good, but obviously that will bring it’s own challenges with regards to keeping everyone happy. Basically it will be impossible to please everyone all the time but hey ho, that’s fitba. With around 18 or so very able footballers there will be decisions to be made regarding team selection and it will lie with me to make them.
    Here’s a few ‘for examples’.
    We’re all mates in the team, that’s how it all started and will always be at the heart of it, but to do this properly it has to be for the best of the team/club. I personally have spent a fair amount of time with many of you, your families etc. however there will be times when guys are maybe are having a nightmare in a game, or haven’t been as committed/ available/in attendance and will have to be dropped/subbed or whatever. When these decisions have to be made I don’t expect in a million years the people will be happy about it, but I 100% expect them to respect it! I will most definitely get some things wrong and I’m more than expecting this to be a HUGE learning curve for me. If anyone thinks I’m making the same mistakes regularly I will most definitely be willing to listen to them and will take onboard everything they say…..as long as it’s done in a sensible respectable manner. Canny be erssed wi rants!
    As we have many very able players, perhaps a squad rotation idea might be used. So you may find yourself playing well for 3-4 weeks then on the bench. If that happens, don’t take it to heart, you’ve probably done enough good work and it’s time to give someone else a shot. Then again, if you find it frustrating that someone else is getting a regular run out and you’re only getting bit parts, please just be patient.
    Also things like subs on matchdays. It can't be like the ssml where we try to give everyone a run out. Subs will only be used if neccesary
    An important note. We have a limit on how many players can be signed so there will be guys who won’t be able to participate in ‘league’ matches! To begin with we may not even sign up our full allowance of players, it’s a good idea to keep a few berths open for part way through the season when we may find certain positions lacking
    None of this means people aren’t wanted or valued.

We will be having proper training sessions during the week, for now the usual Mondays will continue as it’s a good run out, but eventually our own night of fitness, gameplay, set pieces, ball work etc will be organised. There will always be someone who will have difficulty attending on a particular night of the week but hopefully if people are committed enough they will find a way to be there. Off course reasonable reasons will be acceptable but remember there’s probably 2-3 players able to play each position and if they have been available it might give them their chance.

I hope the above explanation makes sense, I’m sure everyone can get the jist of what I’m trying to say.

When the various paperwork comes through for the league I’ll let everyone know and we can take things from there.

This is now a more serious effort, at least as serious as it can be within the amateur game, and we need to treat it as such.

Onwards and upwards guys.

Bairi is ar Gloir

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    I fully expect Danny Woods to be selected every single week....

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nando™ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i fully expect danny woods to be selected every single week....
    stfu.

So dissapointed like!

I thought we were going to get a Twin peaks style bombshell.
    I thought John was going to out himself as a Transgender or that Fenton is man-baby

Firstly:

Also

Please dont debate every point on here, just post the decisions
    Too many people have too much to say n should just concentrate on their game.

Get a venue n i will put myself forward for organising some kick-ass training sessions that will cover fitness, game play, technique and decision making.
    I think decision making on and off the ball is our biggest weekness.

All the best John, we just need that kind of positivity throughout the squad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    Firstly:

Also

Get a venue n i will put myself forward for organising some kick-ass training sessions that will cover fitness, game play, technique and decision making.

This also include a proper pre-season??

pretty much. the jan-june tournament should keep us going right through, then get some good preseason friendlies.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post

Wanted to say this to as many people directly as possible so did it tonight, then everyone else can catch up here.

I’m gonna continue doing the gaffer role and intend to do if fully to the best of my ability.
    We have a huge squad of players now and it’s looking really good, but obviously that will bring it’s own challenges with regards to keeping everyone happy. Basically it will be impossible to please everyone all the time but hey ho, that’s fitba. With around 18 or so very able footballers there will be decisions to be made regarding team selection and it will lie with me to make them.
    We’re all mates in the team, that’s how it all started and will always be at the heart of it, but to do this properly it has to be for the best of the team/club. I personally have spent a fair amount of time with many of you, your families etc. however there will be times when guys are maybe are having a nightmare in a game, or haven’t been as committed/ available/in attendance and will have to be dropped/subbed or whatever. When these decisions have to be made I don’t expect in a million years the people will be happy about it, but I 100% expect them to respect it! I will most definitely get some things wrong and I’m more than expecting this to be a HUGE learning curve for me. If anyone thinks I’m making the same mistakes regularly I will most definitely be willing to listen to them and will take onboard everything they say…..as long as it’s done in a sensible respectable manner. Canny be erssed wi rants!
    As we have many very able players, perhaps a squad rotation idea might be used. So you may find yourself playing well for 3-4 weeks then on the bench. If that happens, don’t take it to heart, you’ve probably done enough good work and it’s time to give someone else a shot. Then again, if you find it frustrating that someone else is getting a regular run out and you’re only getting bit parts, please just be patient.
    Also things like subs on matchdays. It can't be like the ssml where we try to give everyone a run out. Subs will only be used if neccesary
    An important note. We have a limit on how many players can be signed so there will be guys who won’t be able to participate in ‘league’ matches! To begin with we may not even sign up our full allowance of players, it’s a good idea to keep a few berths open for part way through the season when we may find certain positions lacking

We will be having proper training sessions during the week, for now the usual Mondays will continue as it’s a good run out, but eventually our own night of fitness, gameplay, set pieces, ball work etc will be organised. There will always be someone who will have difficulty attending on a particular night of the week but hopefully if people are committed enough they will find a way to be there. Off course reasonable reasons will be acceptable but remember there’s probably 2-3 players able to play each position and if they have been available it might give them their chance.

I hope the above explanation makes sense, I’m sure everyone can get the jist of what I’m trying to say.

When the various paperwork comes through for the league I’ll let everyone know and we can take things from there.

This is now a more serious effort, at least as serious as it can be within the amateur game, and we need to treat it as such.

Bairi is ar Gloir
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    Firstly:

Also

Well put both of you!

As Deek said, nobody, especially you John has to explain or debate ANYTHING on here, infact, certain things should solely be kept for the dressing room/meetings!

The last 2 Mondays have been excellent, superb numbers, folk trying to play the football we want to play and a general good atmosphere amongst all of us!

Lets keep it up!

So, so looking forward to next season

:notworthy:

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    So, so looking forward to next season
    I have serious wood at the mere thought of next season.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post

Bairi is ar Gloir

10/10

Need an assistant manager? Not sure i'll be able/needed as a squad player.