hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Will the Edinburgh Capitals be coming to Nottingham for the play-offs you think then chaps? I sincerely hope so.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will the Edinburgh Capitals be coming to Nottingham for the play-offs you think then chaps? I sincerely hope so.
    If we have a full roster Stu, whch unfortunately we haven't had pretty much all season then we are capable of beating anyone. We've taken major points off all the top boys this season apart from Belfast and we finally got their measure last weekend! It looks like we'll get either Nottingham or Cardiff in the eliminator and we've done well against both of them this season despite being continually understrength. We're just about there with Owen Fussey (ex NHL Washington Caps) the only import now missing apart from Doug Christiansen who I doubt will play again this season. Fuss is expected back in the next week or so and his presence will be a huge factor for us. It would be interesting to see the Caps knock out the "hosts" and make the play off weekend. That said, Cardiff are the aim as we'd be above Sheffield in that event and would have a .500 record over the season. Without any doubt this has been the best and most competitve Caps team since the Elite League began. They are already way ahead of their previous ever highest points total and a play off place would be a great reward for them!

Bit of a blow last night for the Caps then with a 3-2 reverse against Newcastle. Better luck tonight in Belfast. It looks like Edinburgh can have a big say in who wins the league title this year with fixtures remaining against both Nottingham and Coventry.

A big blast from the Panthers last night with a stunning 8-3 victory against league leaders, Coventry who were overwhelmed after Nottingham built up a four-goal cushion in the second period. The Panthers are very talented offensively but tend to let themselves down on the blueline occasionally and also with some undisciplined play when they tend to find themselves out of position and not concentrating on their jobs out there. I'm sure this is the reason why they have failed against some of the lesser-lights in the league this year despite doing well against the 'bigger' clubs'.

It was the original Panthers of 1956 that last won the British title and their quest for this trophy is not dissimilar to our own (Hibs) quest for the Holy Grail of the Scottish Cup. They are now within two points of top team Coventry with four games to go and have a tough journey to Cardiff this evening. Nottingham cannot afford to do anything but win. I still have a slight feeling that they will just run out of games but one can thing we can say is that the Elite League has been a really competitive one in season 2009/10.

Hope to see Edinburgh in Nottingham for the play-offs.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Bit of a blow last night for the Caps then with a 3-2 reverse against Newcastle. Better luck tonight in Belfast. It looks like Edinburgh can have a big say in who wins the league title this year with fixtures remaining against both Nottingham and Coventry.

A big blast from the Panthers last night with a stunning 8-3 victory against league leaders, Coventry who were overwhelmed after Nottingham built up a four-goal cushion in the second period. The Panthers are very talented offensively but tend to let themselves down on the blueline occasionally and also with some undisciplined play when they tend to find themselves out of position and not concentrating on their jobs out there. I'm sure this is the reason why they have failed against some of the lesser-lights in the league this year despite doing well against the 'bigger' clubs'.

It was the original Panthers of 1956 that last won the British title and their quest for this trophy is not dissimilar to our own (Hibs) quest for the Holy Grail of the Scottish Cup. They are now within two points of top team Coventry with four games to go and have a tough journey to Cardiff this evening. Nottingham cannot afford to do anything but win. I still have a slight feeling that they will just run out of games but one can thing we can say is that the Elite League has been a really competitive one in season 2009/10.

Hope to see Edinburgh in Nottingham for the play-offs.
    Caps have still to play Coventry twice ... one home & one away. Our record against them this season has been good. Of the six games played so far, 3 wins each and all very close.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp View Post
    Caps have still to play Coventry twice ... one home & one away. Our record against them this season has been good. Of the six games played so far, 3 wins each and all very close.
    Great stuff. Another reason for me to get get behind the Caps, Cliff!
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Great stuff. Another reason for me to get get behind the Caps, Cliff!
    Struggling again numbers wise just now though Stu. Lost 4-0 in Belfast tonight minus Kyle Horne (a GB defenceman) and two big imports in Sean Perkins and Owen Fussey not withstanding Doug Christiansen who's been out all season. Hopefully Fuss and Perks will be back for at least the home game against Coventry as they are two guys who make us tick.

Not the best night for Edinburgh. Belfast is a tough road game though.

Nottingham completely blow their title chances with a fairly predictable 3-0 loss in Cardiff after annihilating league leaders Coventry last night. Typical Panthers!
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Im off today so im gonna try sit up and watch the flames at 1.30. Not seen them live for a few months so im anxious to see whats on offer

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    Im off today so im gonna try sit up and watch the flames at 1.30. Not seen them live for a few months so im anxious to see whats on offer
    A vital win in Colorado with Toskala playing in his second game since arriving and gaining a second win.

Last edited by GhostofBolivar; 12-04-2010 at 11:58 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Anyone heading along to Murrayfield on Sat night?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBolivar View Post
    Excellent!

The Winnipeg Jets ... once upon a time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    Anyone heading along to Murrayfield on Sat night?
    Damned right I am.

Could be watching history in the making if the Caps can take a lead in the first leg. We shouldn't write ourselves off in the playoffs, on a one-off basis we can beat anyone in this league if we play at our best.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,243595

This also made me laugh. Especially the song.