hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fundraiser, Racenight.

right guys,

Im keen on making sure this happens so as the saying says 'strike while the iron is hot'

So.

I have made provisional enquiries to hire the Sighthill Powerleague bar/function room on
    SATURDAY 10th APRIL

cost is free, but they need a £100 deposit BEFORE they can confirm the booking.

the hall holds upto 120 so theres plent room if it turns out to be more popular than we're expecting.

They have 2 Large screens, 1 at either end of the bar to run the races on and the sound is piped into their speaker system.

Im sure it would be simple enough to hook a laptop/ipod for music later on.

*forgot to ask about providing our own buffet but im 100% sure thats ok.

WE NEED £100 pronto for the deposit.

WE ALSO NEED £100 pronto for the deposit for entering the league.

Im willing to chip say £50 personally to get this money together.
    we have a few bucks in the team kitty as well.

can anyone else offer some cash asap, obviously when the race night happens you will get your cash back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

we need the following.

7 people/players to sell 8 horses @ £5 each.
    I will make up the sheets etc to sell them, get your friends/family to pull their horse out the hat, you write on the sheet the persons name, what horse they've drawn and tick when they've paid you. also will sell the sponsorship of a race for £20. I will make sure each pack has 1 winner in it.(I obviously know the outcome of the races)

every player to bring an item for the raffle, around the £10 mark. anything from a bottle of wine to a crate of beer. free beauty treatment from Lesley/Amanda, haircut from me (£52) etc......

4 volunteers to work the betting desks.

John, i strongly suggest that you get some garauntees about the amount of bar staff they will have on before paying up.

For the raffle, I will chuck a complimentary 4ball voucher for any Edinburgh Leisure golf course. (worth up to £100 depending on which course you play)

Willing to help out wi funds if i can but seeing as i just had to shell out £260 for my car this week, end of the month would be more do-able.

Aye double check about the bar staff

where can we get those scratch cards from because that's a quick way of getting some easy money

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye double check about the bar staff

where can we get those scratch cards from because that's a quick way of getting some easy money

Don't ask

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    7 people/players to sell 8 horses @ £5 each.
    I will make up the sheets etc to sell them, get your friends/family to pull their horse out the hat, you write on the sheet the persons name, what horse they've drawn and tick when they've paid you. also will sell the sponsorship of a race for £20. I will make sure each pack has 1 winner in it.(I obviously know the outcome of the races)

So what do the people who have bought a horse get if there hose wins?

And sponsorship for a race? So someone pay's £20 to sponsor a race, and what do they get in return?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    I'll stick £50 in to the deposits.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1875 View Post
    So what do the people who have bought a horse get if there hose wins?

And sponsorship for a race? So someone pay's £20 to sponsor a race, and what do they get in return?
    the winning owner gets £20

the race sponsor gets advertising. so the race will be named after them, such as, the Craig Drysdale Plasterers Steeplechase. It would also have your business phone number, website, email address etc listed at the top of that race card.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho

the race sponsor gets advertising. so the race will be named after them, such as, the Craig Drysdale Plasterers Steeplechase. It would also have your business phone number, website, email address etc listed at the top of that race card.
    !!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    John, i strongly suggest that you get some garauntees about the amount of bar staff they will have on before paying up.

For the raffle, I will chuck a complimentary 4ball voucher for any Edinburgh Leisure golf course. (worth up to £100 depending on which course you play)

Willing to help out wi funds if i can but seeing as i just had to shell out £260 for my car this week, end of the month would be more do-able.
    Why did you not phone me!?!

I'll do anything I can to get this team up and running properly!!!

Lets *****in do this lads :notworthy:

Testimonial Due

ok, i get it now. The owners get a 1 in 8 chance of wining 4x there money (3/1), i think that will be hard to sell. Possible £25 or £30 to the winner would be alot easyer to sell. could possible sell each horse twice, would sell them alot easyer and would make the same amount (at £30) or more (at £25). Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    Why did you not phone me!?!

I'll do anything I can to get this team up and running properly!!!

Lets *****in do this lads :notworthy:
    I tried to get road tax online last sunday as it ran out on the monday. found out my MOT had ran out last August!!!!

Was in a panic n needed it done pronto, so took it down to Farmers. All it needed was 2 tyres to get through the MOT, 160 badboys for that, then the friggin road tax........eh, 6 months please!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Dae it.

I'll donate a chemo machine that I chored.
    Hope Gummy wins it..

Quote Originally Posted by craig1875 View Post
    ok, i get it now. The owners get a 1 in 8 chance of wining 4x there money (3/1), i think that will be hard to sell. Possible £25 or £30 to the winner would be alot easyer to sell. could possible sell each horse twice, would sell them alot easyer and would make the same amount (at £30) or more (at £25). Just an idea.

Think uv shot ur bolt like......

Simplicity is the key here. Its easy to sell the horses as its done in advance of the actual night.(it is worth discussing naming ur horse cos it gives a bit of banter seeing ur named horse on the cards, even though it will have a different name on screen its still got a number!!)
    Generally cultured gamblers will studiously inspect the odds n conditions of REAL horse racing at the BOOKIES.
    This is just a bit of fun n most people that go like to buy a horse for a few quid just for involvement.
    people arent coming to a race night looking for that knockout accumulator so they can tell their boss to stick it and head off to the carribean!

So, on that...KEEP IT SIMPLE

Entry ticket. Sell horses. Raffle. Race bets. Auction last race. Coin at the bottle. Buffet. Bevvy/Dance/be-merry!!!

This isnt about making a killing n peeing each indiviual off cos we are just trying to wring out their wallets/purses. Its about having a great night that people will enjoy whilst bringing in some much needed funds for the team. if we do this then we have started something that we can build on n not pee everyone off so they would just never come to another Beer event.

In the words of the immortal Gandalf: Keep it simple, Keep it safe!

Left by mutual consent!
    I tried to get road tax online last sunday as it ran out on the monday. found out my MOT had ran out last August!!!!

Was in a panic n needed it done pronto, so took it down to Farmers. All it needed was 2 tyres to get through the MOT, 160 badboys for that, then the friggin road tax........eh, 6 months please!!!

Did this not happen last year aswell!?

Can't grumble with the cost of getting it through the MOT, pretty good

Think uv shot ur bolt like......

Simplicity is the key here. Its easy to sell the horses as its done in advance of the actual night.(it is worth discussing naming ur horse cos it gives a bit of banter seeing ur named horse on the cards, even though it will have a different name on screen its still got a number!!)
    Generally cultured gamblers will studiously inspect the odds n conditions of REAL horse racing at the BOOKIES.
    This is just a bit of fun n most people that go like to buy a horse for a few quid just for involvement.
    people arent coming to a race night looking for that knockout accumulator so they can tell their boss to stick it and head off to the carribean!

So, on that...KEEP IT SIMPLE

Entry ticket. Sell horses. Raffle. Race bets. Auction last race. Coin at the bottle. Buffet. Bevvy/Dance/be-merry!!!

This isnt about making a killing n peeing each indiviual off cos we are just trying to wring out their wallets/purses. Its about having a great night that people will enjoy whilst bringing in some much needed funds for the team. if we do this then we have started something that we can build on n not pee everyone off so they would just never come to another Beer event.

In the words of the immortal Gandalf: Keep it simple, Keep it safe!
    Spot on

Why tinker/confuse a format which has been repeatedly successful for many, many years!!

Think it'll be a superb night
    Last edited by Judas Iscariot; 06-02-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    right guys,

Im keen on making sure this happens so as the saying says 'strike while the iron is hot'

So.

I have made provisional enquiries to hire the Sighthill Powerleague bar/function room on
    SATURDAY 10th APRIL

cost is free, but they need a £100 deposit BEFORE they can confirm the booking.

the hall holds upto 120 so theres plent room if it turns out to be more popular than we're expecting.

They have 2 Large screens, 1 at either end of the bar to run the races on and the sound is piped into their speaker system.

Im sure it would be simple enough to hook a laptop/ipod for music later on.

*forgot to ask about providing our own buffet but im 100% sure thats ok.

WE NEED £100 pronto for the deposit.

WE ALSO NEED £100 pronto for the deposit for entering the league.

Im willing to chip say £50 personally to get this money together.
    we have a few bucks in the team kitty as well.

can anyone else offer some cash asap, obviously when the race night happens you will get your cash back.
    ace john... really looking forward to this and will help out with whatever.

i should be able to help with deposits and things but need to check the bank balance ken!

only thing.... SIGHTHILL!!!

could you have picked anywhere further from the centre of town??

not the easiest place to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    ace john... really looking forward to this and will help out with whatever.

i should be able to help with deposits and things but need to check the bank balance ken!

only thing.... SIGHTHILL!!!

could you have picked anywhere further from the centre of town??

not the easiest place to get to.
    ah ken likesay, shood huv it in Pissycuik yocal grunters club. Bubba Gump on the bar n if ye dinnae get stabbed or sexually accosted, yuv no hud a gid nicht!!

I am working monday night at the gym (so won't be playing footie monday night) so I will speak to manager and try get at least a 1month free membership for the gym to go towards the raffle. MON THE BEERS

Gamer IDs

ah ken likesay, shood huv it in Pissycuik yocal grunters club. Bubba Gump on the bar n if ye dinnae get stabbed or sexually accosted, yuv no hud a gid nicht!!
    Calm down Derek
    wasn't having a go at your beloved sighthill

just thought it would be better somwhere more central where everyone could get to

wouldn't have it in penicuik either as it's a *****hole

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    Calm down Derek
    wasn't having a go at your beloved sighthill

just thought it would be better somwhere more central where everyone could get to

wouldn't have it in penicuik either as it's a *****hole
    Sighthill? Fae the Hailes lad.

Ritchie: chookter numpty.

Just a thought, but i was thinkin about Ritchie n anyone he brings from chooktermukty. maybe you could get a couple of "male chickens" n take bets on a fight-til-the-death instead of one of the horse races, put some pork scratchings on the tables n sell scrumpy behind the bar. make them feel at home, ken?

I know its a gruesome sport but its Ritchies favourite n gives him an excuse every time he gets caught looking at g*y p*rn: "Honestly darling, i had googled c*ck fighting!!"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by delboy* View Post
    sighthill? Fae the hailes lad.

Ritchie: chookter numpty.
    just a thought, but i was thinkin about ritchie n anyone he brings from chooktermukty. Maybe you could get a couple of "male chickens" n take bets on a fight-til-the-death instead of one of the horse races, put some pork scratchings on the tables n sell scrumpy behind the bar. Make them feel at home, ken?

I know its a gruesome sport but its ritchies favourite n gives him an excuse every time he gets caught looking at g*y p*rn: "honestly darling, i had googled c*ck fighting!!"

worst......... Chat.................. Ever.............. Boooooooooooooo

Left by mutual consent!
    Just a thought, but i was thinkin about Ritchie n anyone he brings from chooktermukty. maybe you could get a couple of "male chickens" n take bets on a fight-til-the-death instead of one of the horse races, put some pork scratchings on the tables n sell scrumpy behind the bar. make them feel at home, ken?

I know its a gruesome sport but its Ritchies favourite n gives him an excuse every time he gets caught looking at g*y p*rn: "Honestly darling, i had googled c*ck fighting!!"

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    really looking forward to this lads!
    ill help out in anyway i can. Im not too far from sighthill (ten mins in car if that!) and ill help out with prepping everything on the night too.

I cant help out with funds at the moment got £50 to my name to last me a fortnight!!

anything i can do let me know!
    :notworthy::notworthy:
    Hibernian Football Club

Just spoke with manager at the gym, got 1month free gym membership for a prize for the race night.

Gamer IDs

john, ill print they things off and hand them into you.

I could get us the cricket club in Leith pretty cheap

but we need somewhere with projectors etc.....

its a 22 bus from the centre of town............

simples

simples
    ur so English

Left by mutual consent!

simples
    A what!?