hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Euro 2012 - Scotland, Spain, Czech Republic, Lithuania & Liechtenstein

Pot one: Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Croatia, Portugal, France, Russia

Pot two: Greece, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Turkey, Denmark, Slovakia, Romania

Pot three: Israel, Bulgaria, Finland, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Pot four: Slovenia, Latvia, Hungary, Lithuania, Belarus, Belgium, Wales, FYR Macedonia, Cyprus

Pot five: Montenegro, Albania, Estonia, Georgia, Moldova, Iceland, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein

Pot six: Azerbaijan, Luxembourg, Malta, Faroe Islands, Andorra, San Marino

What would be the best draw for Scotland to have a chance of qualifying?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pot one: Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Croatia, Portugal, France, Russia

Pot two: Greece, Czech Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Turkey, Denmark, Slovakia, Romania

Pot three: Israel, Bulgaria, Finland, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Pot four: Slovenia, Latvia, Hungary, Lithuania, Belarus, Belgium, Wales, FYR Macedonia, Cyprus

Pot five: Montenegro, Albania, Estonia, Georgia, Moldova, Iceland, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein

Russia
    Switzerland
    Scotland
    Latvia
    Moldova
    San Marino

First Team Regular aussie_hibee's Avatar

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Any of -

Pot one: Croatia, Portugal, Russia

Pot two: Greece, Switzerland, Serbia

Pot four:FYR Macedonia, Cyprus

Pot five: Montenegro, Estonia, Moldova, , Armenia, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein

Cannae wait! We'll soon find out where our next adventures to E Europe will take us!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Any idea what time?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Any idea what time?
    Coverage starts 1100.
    British Eurosport (11:00-11:45)
    Sky Sports News (From 10:45)
    Last edited by JoJo_07; 05-02-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: for those to lazy to follow link.

hi (first post.. hello :))

just a thought.. I know this is a very negative way of looking at things, but isn't it almost tempting to want a better team in the first pot..

I think we can give anyone a tough time at hampden with our support and i dont fancy us away to any of those teams so maybe a better team would suit us more as they are less likely to slip up against other teams in the group (helping us finish second)

I know it's very negative, but maybe this is what Scottish football has become

I quite fancy a group of:

Germany
    Switzerland
    Scotland
    Cyprus
    Armenia
    San Marino

I think Germany would be quite efficient against the other teams and we'd have a chance when they came to our place. Us going to the tourney as best runner up.. I know people want Russia but that is one tough place to go and get a result.. I don't think we'd have a prayer, and we'd have as much chance at home against Germany as Russia IMO.

Just another angle on things.

....and here's who we WILL get!

France (yes, again!)
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Kazakhstan *
    Azerbaijan *

* Are they even IN Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    hi (first post.. hello :))

just a thought.. I know this is a very negative way of looking at things, but isn't it almost tempting to want a better team in the first pot..

I think we can give anyone a tough time at hampden with our support and i dont fancy us away to any of those teams so maybe a better team would suit us more as they are less likely to slip up against other teams in the group (helping us finish second)

I know it's very negative, but maybe this is what Scottish football has become

I quite fancy a group of:

Germany
    Switzerland
    Scotland
    Cyprus
    Armenia
    San Marino

I think Germany would be quite efficient against the other teams and we'd have a chance when they came to our place. Us going to the tourney as best runner up.. I know people want Russia but that is one tough place to go and get a result.. I don't think we'd have a prayer, and we'd have as much chance at home against Germany as Russia IMO.

Just another angle on things.
    Welcome to the board, but Germany and Switzerland (Ottmar Hitzfeld) would qualify here if you ask me. I'd rather have Romania in 'our' group - if we're to have a chance.

from a travellers view all easy to get to and a goood chance to qualify

@hibs.net private member
    I've been wanting Scotland vs England since I moved up here nearly ten years ago - it would be typical for us to be paired together now you've got someone in charge who knows what he's doing!!!

Coaching Staff
    I really want England. Not worried about who else we get. But certainly a home and away against the world champions a la 1967 would be barry.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

I'd like:

Spain
    Denmark
    SCOTLAND
    Kazakhstan
    Albania
    Luxembourg

Something a little different - over the past few WC qualifications/European Championships, I'm fed up watching us play the same old countries like the Faroe Islands, Estonia, Latvia, Belarus...

These things are usually somewhat predictable, so I'd like to try the following for England:

ENGLAND
    Greece
    Israel
    FYR Macedonia
    Georgia
    Andorra

If that draw comes out (+/- 1) I'm going to either email UEFA in protest or pick some numbers for the midweek lottery.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Nightmare draw for Scotland

Following on to the ideal draw what would be the nightmare draw for Scotland on Sunday

Would be my nightmare draw

Serbia would be as bad as turkey. They are good and the fans are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Following on to the ideal draw what would be the nightmare draw for Scotland on Sunday

Would be my nightmare draw
    I think we could maybe get something against England at home. Spain would be a nightmare draw, they would beat us about 4-0 home and away. I just hope Levein does not play 4-5-1 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    ....and here's who we WILL get!

France (yes, again!)
    Czech Republic
    Hungary
    Kazakhstan *
    Azerbaijan *

* Are they even IN Europe?

Azerbaijan - yes.

Kazakhstan - some part on the west - yes.

First Team Breakthrough West Upper's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v HiiB3RNI4N x
    I hope we get :

Portugal
    Switzerland
    Belgium
    Liechtenstein
    Malta

I have a strange feeling that Wales will be drawn in the same group as Scotland.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

Russia
    Slovakia
    SCOTLAND
    Cyprus
    Liechtenstein
    San Marino

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

I would like Scotland to get:-

Russia
    Romania
    Latvia
    Kazakhstan
    San Marino

Is the draw going to be live on the tv?

Portugal
    Greece
    Scotland
    Cyprus
    Liechtenstein
    Malta

Probably not qualify, but what's new? Decent venues for the fans though.

Pot one: Spain (holders), Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Croatia,Portugal, France, Russia

Portugal - probably weakest team in Pot one
    Czech Rep - struggled in group so not as strong as previously
    SCOTLAND - ***** but may stand a chance
    Macedonia - they are pish and should have beat them away
    Liechtenstein - should be six points
    Andorra - as above

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    So, just to clarify, this will be Scotland's group:

Spain
    Czech Republic
    Scotland
    Slovenia
    Montenegro
    Azerbaijan

And this will be England's:

England
    Slovakia
    Austria
    Cyprus
    Liechtenstein
    San Marino

We are Scotland.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    oh great another opportunity for the kilted alkies to do the country proud.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Russia
    Switzerland
    Scotland
    Latvia
    Moldova
    San Marino
    It costs a fortune to get here. Cheapest flights from London are about £450 return.
    Last edited by JoeTortolanoFanClub; 05-02-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Croatia,Romania,Cyprus,Estonia and San mirino for me.

@hibs.net private member

?