hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I think he is a great signing of ra sellik unfortunately He will indeed run riot up here. They must have been kaking it to shell out that amount of dough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Liverpool / Celtc fan Keane will refill the empty seats at Parkheid and shift shedloads of strips. I think he'll score loads for them ..... if hes got the hunger to perform at places like Hamilton and St Johnstone.

Unfortunately this move is the reason why we or any other non OF team has little or no chance of splitting the OF. However skint they appear to be theres always the chance theyll either poach other teams assets as in Deeks or make a "marquee" signing like this.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair Kamara (who grew up a big hoops fan as a child in Senegal) is a great signing as well, they are right to be excited and I think they will catch the huns.
    He is actually in the paper today saying that Larsson is his hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    He is actually in the paper today saying that Larsson is his hero
    Thats a lie

Left by mutual consent!
    Keane and I would also say Gow are here to try and get a better move, if its a dream for Keane then it will be short one at this time IMO he wants EPL so this will be to impress Redknapp or other manager.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Thats a lie
    I wish it was

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...ing-1.1003133?

Beyond belief. It must be something agents tell their clients just before they sign for the OF 'look, at your press conference just say you were a big hun/celtc fan from your young days in burkino faso/uruguay/lapland. They'll swallow anything'...

There is a Hibs Club in Mali, but thats different...

Thansk god we dont have to play them until 3rd April. Gives us time to secure 3rd spot.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post
    Thansk god we dont have to play them until 3rd April. Gives us time to secure 3rd spot.
    By then, Keane (and the other "building a team for the long term" loan signings) will be pissed off and onto their agents, begging them to get out of this hellhole pronto and back to the bigtime.

At least we get a mention in it But agree that wee scroat Novo I am sure came out and said that 'Rangers were always my Scottish team' when he signed for them

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666
    Top Story on Scottish news on BBC1 Breakfast show this morning?

Yep, you guessed it, Keane signing for Smeltc.

Unbelievable.

I hate the OF and all they stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    Top Story on Scottish news on BBC1 Breakfast show this morning?

Yep, you guessed it, Keane signing for Smeltc.

Unbelievable.

I hate the OF and all they stand for.

Prepare your self mate it will get worse as the week goes on and the weegie press will be in cloud nine now that they have this to play on
    Last edited by HIBERNIAN-0762; 02-02-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Its being seen outwardly that this is to try and get the gap back between them and Rangers, I think inwards its also maybe even more so to make sure the likes of Hibs dont spoil the top 2 places.

I think it says a lot about how dangerous we are thought of, that I think will never be admitted.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1

that was the funniest thing i ever EVER seen!!!!! hilarious!!!

the wee t*t in the yellow jacket! christ that boy has an IQ lower than Hogg's Squad Number!!

YouTube - ROBBIE KEANE JOINS CELTIC

YOU HAVE TO WATCH!!!!
    The boy has a face/teeth like a wedge of cheesecake, what a bunch of mutants, clearly the ugliest most uneducated support in Scotland.

BTW Keane good player, but what a fud!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    no matter what anyone says this is an unbelieveable signing for them!!

he'll easily bang in 15+ goals in the 2nd half of the season.

might have just won the league for celts.... the guy is still quality.

Am I the only person completely underwhelmed that Celtic have signed Spurs 4th choice striker.....

Father Ted has finally arrived at Celtic on loan, big deal, he is obviously surplus to requirements, falling that far down the list that the geriatric Gudjohnsen was signed to supplement the Spurs strikeforce.

On the bbc report on the website the fact that Keane is a "Celtic man", Celtic fan, Celtic supporter is mentioned by everyone in the report. 5 times it's mentioned.

Then I checked the report when he signed for Liverpool.

He has been a massive fan of Liverpool since he was a kid Signed for Liverpool because he is such a huge fan

Are Celtic fans really that insecure and paranoid that they need every player to have been a born and bred Celtic fan?

I hate that Club, I really do.

And I hope to god our players don't take the attitude of the fans.

"oh my god, Keane is going to run riot, he's going to score tons, 2nd place is over, we may as well give up, what's the point in playing"

Grow a pair of ****ing baws you bunch of jessie's

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post

"oh my god, Keane is going to run riot, he's going to score tons, 2nd place is over, we may as well give up, what's the point in playing"

I'd hope that our players would relish playing against someone of Keane's quality.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    "Thats us won the league" says one fool on SSN

Keane could break his leg next wednesday in the first minute against hearts and never kick another ball for them.

However lets get real. Keane is a fantastic signing but is anyone else flabbergasted by Mowbrays signing policy?

Kamara- Loan, Keane- Loan, Dutch defender- Loan

Thats hardly building his own side imo its short term desperation. Celtic could do fantastic the rest of the season, still finish second and most likely lose these 3 players in May only to start the "rebuilding process" allover again.

In other words you cant build a team with loan signings. The only situation that is "win" for Celtic is they some how over haul rangers. I for one cant see it happening
    I would say that is the Celtic board protecting themselves in case it goes Pete Tong. They can get rid at the end of the season. Half hearted backing IMO.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    On the bbc report on the website the fact that Keane is a "Celtic man", Celtic fan, Celtic supporter is mentioned by everyone in the report. 5 times it's mentioned.

Then I checked the report when he signed for Liverpool.

He has been a massive fan of Liverpool since he was a kid Signed for Liverpool because he is such a huge fan

Are Celtic fans really that insecure and paranoid that they need every player to have been a born and bred Celtic fan?

I hate that Club, I really do.
    Did you not know that Ki was a massive Celtc fan as a boy in Seoul. As a kid he used to get his dad to drive him to the top of the tallest mountain outside the city with a radio receiver in the vain attempt of catching David Begg's commentary from Parkhead, Tynecastle, ER or wherever Celtc were playing that day.

It really is a dream come true he has signed for his boyhood heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Did you not know that Ki was a massive Celtc fan as a boy in Seoul. As a kid he used to get his dad to drive him to the top of the tallest mountain outside the city with a radio receiver in the vain attempt of catching David Begg's commentary from Parkhead, Tynecastle, ER or wherever Celtc were playing that day.

I couldn't believe it when they actually tried to pass him off as a Celtic fan, and I couldn't believe it when the unwashed actually believed the crap!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

As has been mantioned.....4th choice at Spurs. Anyone remember a certain other keane or Juninhio? One swallow does not a summer make!

Add into the equation that they have near as damn it a completely new defence and turned over something like 18 players in recent weeks. With no pre-season to bed these guys in, I wish we were plaing them again this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post

To be fair, Ki was always a Celtic fan.

After a hard day at the local Samsung factory, he would come home to his dinner of fresh dublin bay prawns and Guinness as his parents munched their kimchi and looked confused. For the rest of the evening he would listen to his favourite Dick Gaughan LP, watch The Wind That Shakes the Barley on DVD and recategorise his fluffy leprauchaun collection at bedtime. He could recite Tommy Burns' famous words '"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause" before he could even walk.

To be fair, Ki was always a Celtic fan.

After a hard day at the local Samsung factory, he would come home to his dinner of fresh dublin bay prawns and Guinness as his parents munched their kimchi and looked confused. For the rest of the evening he would listen to his favourite Dick Gaughan LP, watch The Wind That Shakes the Barley on DVD and recategorise his fluffy leprauchaun collection at bedtime. He could recite Tommy Burns' famous words '"When you pull on that jersey you're not just playing for a football club, you're playing for a people and a cause" before he could even walk.

Is it just me or is there a comparison with George Best here? Teams doin pi5h struggling to keep up, fans deserting in droves and resort to splashing cash for a player who is down the pecking order,seems to me a last throw of the dice to catch the buns,and if it is as reported 70,000 a week is quite staggering for a team who wouldnae fork out a few quid more for Fletcher.
    Seems like qualifying for the Champions League is what they are aiming for.
    DESPERATION written all over it.
    God I hope to god we can beat them to second.

Blog Entries
    I reckon Mowbray has put himself and his club under a vast amount of pressure in the last couple of weeks. Keane would appear to be the potential hen that will lay the golden egg but what if he picks up an injury that keeps him out of action for a few weeks, God forbid.

Nice to see the Sellick hoardes staying out late to welcome Keane,Im sure at least 1 of them would have had work this Morning
    I was also impressed with the Kids Celtic shirt with Sands 81 being held up

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    agreed that the flurry of late action in the transfer market was out of fear of finishing 3rd (or worse) i think its an all or nothing gamble. i'll be honest i think it makes 2nd a very difficult prospect for us however if we can do it it will leave them in massive trouble. i think its very telling that they were all loan moves, i dont think thats because they were protecting themselves against these players not bein able to cut it but more that they couldnt afford them. im almost certain that two of those players (keane and braaheid) are only there of 6months. kamara maybe longer but i'd be suprised. its a bit like the bellamy transfer. they should enjoy it while they can because he's out of their budget longterm.

on the subject of keane the celtic fan, i didnt find that as amusing as i did kamara claiming celtic were the club he always wanted to play for because larsson was his hero. i was almost expecting him to mention seville to really cement his place as a fans favourite without even kicking a ball

keane is a genuine class player but hes the only one of their frontline id take before any of our strikers. and theres not one of their midfield id swap miller or mcbride for. As for defence we've got sol, we've got sol bamba. and i think hogg is better than what they have.

:notworthy: