hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    slightly off topic but Hearts at Parkhead next midweek...anyone for a 7-0 gubbing with Keane running riot...

Of course, I'm getting carried away , Hearts being the big team from the Capital will put the unwashed scruffs firmly in their places.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He would have a few years ago. Not so sure now.

Folk will say "he's only 29", but he has a lot of miles on the clock, so to speak, as he started playing professionally at 17.
    I hear what you're saying and he's had a very poor season, but it does seem that Keane can't cope with not being an automatic pick.

I reckon he would dine out in the SPL, he's got top class awareness and a good hit, these things you don't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Robbie Keane confirmed at Celtic (SSN)
    Sellick fans will have to remember that he is only "theirs" for about 14 weeks so better pray that he doesn't pick up any long terms injuries during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by KerPlunk View Post
    So how much are the Smellies going to pay Mr. Keane to have a wee "sojourn" in Bigot City for the next 4 months ?????
    I'd love to know the answer to that one.

Keane must be on what £60k a week minimum, probably £80k though or even more.

Surely Celtc can't afford that kind of wedge?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I'd love to know the answer to that one.

Keane must be on what £60k a week minimum, probably £80k though or even more.

Surely Celtc can't afford that kind of wedge?
    One way round it may be for Celtic to only pay half the actual wage, but to pay Tottenham a massive fee for the privilege of having him on loan.

Desmond is paying the Keane wage out of his own pocket, apparently...

He is supposedly wanting 65k a week.

Which works out to be 1.5 million for 6 months work. Not bad for his calibre!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Robbie or Roy

Anyone think Robbie K. will have the same stunning impact his namesake Roy had when he came to play for the Manks a few years ago.

Hope he is in the team for the cup-tie.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Anyone think Robbie K. will have the same stunning impact his namesake Roy had when he came to play for the Manks a few years ago.

Celtic F.C - where Irish players go for six months when their career is over for a testimonial
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

One way round it may be for Celtic to only pay half the actual wage, but to pay Tottenham a massive fee for the privilege of having him on loan.
    You could well be right... either way, it's splashing serious money on a trophy signing to get the fans through the gates and reinvigorate the team.

A big gamble - but I'd expect him to do well.

The news were reporting that he will be on a weekly wage of £65k and Celtic will have to pay the full load.

Keane may have proven in the past that he can score goals but there's something to be said for the amount of clubs he's been passed about at, surely?

Celtic have been piss poor this season and they need to understand that one man doesn't make a team.

MrT

Blog Entries
    Celtic's signings these days seem to have more to do with selling shirts and giving a (temporary) boost to attendances than actually constructing a good football team.
    just about to post something along these lines..McDonal is being sacrificed for cash..I reckon by my guestimate that against us last week there was 450k of empty seats at Darkheid...fill half these and they will cover his wages..not to mention strips and other marketing...if they fill more then they are in clover..its a gamble but as a decent player who is Irish and a Bhoy it might pay off.

West ham could not make this work as they don't have seats to sell & have borrowed season ticket sales income for next 2 years...70 % & 60 % which is frightning

He is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to good for SPL, if he is given the service he will score 15+ I reckon. Predicting a hat-trick against Rangers in the next Old Firm aswell :)

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    Over-reaction - we're a whole 2 points behind them.
    decent signing by the smellies..he'll have a field day up here....Robbie Keane vs 40 year old Davie Weir....I'll look forward to that one.
    It just shows you the smellies are well and truly bricking it at the thought of us catching them.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Didn't West Ham say that it was gonna work out at £105,000 a week to bring in Keane?

If so, Celtic must be spending every penny they have got in during this window on this. Might well get them second this season, but come the summer, nae Keane and nae cash.

Risky, but it will appease the hoardes for awhile I reckon.

Anyone see those celtic fans on ssn a minute ago.They looked like they had just been let out of a funny farm.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    ******ing hilarious watching soapdodgers on SSN.

Keane gets out of his £70k motor and within seconds is surrounded by hundreds of weedgie ******wits proclaiming the 2nd coming.

They're all on benefits and he's on £65k a week (at least) but they still feel there's a connection.

Sad bunch of b**tards.

You really couldn't make it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    ******ing hilarious watching soapdodgers on SSN.

Keane gets out of his £70k motor and within seconds is surrounded by hundreds of weedgie ******wits proclaiming the 2nd coming.

They're all on benefits and he's on £65k a week (at least) but they still feel there's a connection.

Sad bunch of b**tards.

You really couldn't make it up!!
    While I'd probably not be inviting them to any of my dinner parties, these people regardless of their socio economic standing support a club, which provides gainful employment for hundreds of people in a deprived area.

These people, benefits or not still have the right to be Celtic fans and if they are happy at the club they support, bringing in a guy they feel will improve the club, then who are you to deny them that happiness?

Celtic's probably all they have, yet you feel the need to have a wee cheap jibe at them.

You're the sad one, not them

Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    While I'd probably not be inviting them to any of my dinner parties, these people regardless of their socio economic standing support a club, which provides gainful employment for hundreds of people in a deprived area.

These people, benefits or not still have the right to be Celtic fans and if they are happy at the club they support, bringing in a guy they feel will improve the club, then who are you to deny them that happiness?

Celtic's probably all they have, yet you feel the need to have a wee cheap jibe at them.

Anyone who puts a football club before real life is really the sad one surely.

Don't think so Jack. You're line 'Celtic's probably all they have' sums it up perfectly. Don't you see the irony of Celtic signing Keane as some kind of Messiah and paying him loads of cash for the privilege in one of the most deprived areas of Scotland.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    Did Robbie Keane not join his boyhood heros, Liverpool in 2008?
    Funny thought that as well. Couldnt have played much football as a kid as he was obviously too busy pinning both his Celtic and Liverpool pictures on his bedroom wall.

Personally think he is a very overrated player, bit of ability and will probably do well in SPL however nowhere near the quality of a Larsson for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Anyone who puts a football club before real life is really the sad one surely.
    Not wanting to go into the depths of it, but my point is what right did the other poster have slagging these guys, Celtic Fans, for being happy at THEIR club making its biggest signing in years?

By his logic, we should only sign guys on the minimum wage. What difference is it to someone on a giro if the Celtic player is on 6 grand or 60 grand a week.

Also, who is saying they are putting celtic before real life? They live in circumstances ( I dare say sometimes through their own actions) that means their life has little hope, little prospects. They live in a total slum area with little in the way of work.

these people have the right to enjoyment as much as anyone else. FFS I have a great wage, yet my annual salary may still be less than Keane's annual wage, yet I'm still over the moon at this signing.

Inflated wages of footballers is not celtic's fault and clubs the world over will have dirt poor fans idolising rich, well paid players. Thats the way of the world.

Don't think so Jack. You're line 'Celtic's probably all they have' sums it up perfectly. Don't you see the irony of Celtic signing Keane as some kind of Messiah and paying him loads of cash for the privilege in one of the most deprived areas of Scotland.
    SO Celtic should pay players in relation to the income of those who support it? or relative to those who live in the locale?

Na, don't think so.

See also my reply to ancient Hibbee.

Keane can go and **** himself!!

Massive gamble for them. They'll be paying his wages with the mindset of getting into the champions league by winning the SPL, failure to do that could **** them over a bit if they are paying 65k a week in wages.

No doubt the gullable wannabe paddys in Glasgow and the gullable Irish will probably pay a large chunk of his wages with tacky official merch. Can't help but think Gravenson (Sp?) and and Bellemy brought in less than half in merch sales than Keane and Keane did/will.

Smart move by the PLC aswell, is there a better way to silence the booers at CP than by bringing in a EPL reject, but not any old EPL reject, an Irish EPL reject.

Not wanting to go into the depths of it, but my point is what right did the other poster have slagging these guys, Celtic Fans, for being happy at THEIR club making its biggest signing in years?

By his logic, we should only sign guys on the minimum wage. What difference is it to someone on a giro if the Celtic player is on 6 grand or 60 grand a week.

Also, who is saying they are putting celtic before real life? They live in circumstances ( I dare say sometimes through their own actions) that means their life has little hope, little prospects. They live in a total slum area with little in the way of work.

these people have the right to enjoyment as much as anyone else. FFS I have a great wage, yet my annual salary may still be less than Keane's annual wage, yet I'm still over the moon at this signing.

Inflated wages of footballers is not celtic's fault and clubs the world over will have dirt poor fans idolising rich, well paid players. Thats the way of the world.
    Sorry Jack but as I said earlier you're missing the irony of the sad scenario whereby these people actually appear outside Parkhead to greet their new
    (and very highly paid) Messiah.

Sorry Jack but as I said earlier you're missing the irony of the sad scenario whereby these people actually appear outside Parkhead to greet their new
    (and very highly paid) Messiah.
    To be fair to Jack and Celtc fans in general it's not as if this behaviour is exclusive to the inhabitants of Glasgows East end.

Fans of all clubs will fall over themselves to be the first on the scene to welcome a player who cares as much for them as John Terry cares for his wife.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I have a great wage, yet my annual salary may still be less than Keane's annual wage
    Shirley you know whether you get paid more than, or less than, £65k a week?

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    To be fair to Jack and Celtc fans in general it's not as if this behaviour is exclusive to the inhabitants of Glasgows East end.

Fans of all clubs will fall over themselves to be the first on the scene to welcome a player who cares as much for them as John Terry cares for his wife.
    I don't disgaree with that, but still say it's sad and somewhat ironic when a 'family club' like Celtic parade someone on £65k a week in one of the most deprived areas of the country as some kind of cure for all ills.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    "Thats us won the league" says one fool on SSN

Keane could break his leg next wednesday in the first minute against hearts and never kick another ball for them.

However lets get real. Keane is a fantastic signing but is anyone else flabbergasted by Mowbrays signing policy?

Kamara- Loan, Keane- Loan, Dutch defender- Loan

Thats hardly building his own side imo its short term desperation. Celtic could do fantastic the rest of the season, still finish second and most likely lose these 3 players in May only to start the "rebuilding process" allover again.

In other words you cant build a team with loan signings. The only situation that is "win" for Celtic is they some how over haul rangers. I for one cant see it happening

I don't disgaree with that, but still say it's sad and somewhat ironic when a 'family club' like Celtic parade someone on £65k a week in one of the most deprived areas of the country as some kind of cure for all ills.
    I agree it's totally perverse.

Unfortunately though, as Jack says, in areas like those around Parkhead there may be little else in life for people other than Celtc. I think as you hint at it's more a problem with society in general as opposed to a problem exclusive to Celtc fans.