hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 225
  1. #1
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    24
    Posts
    699

    Robbie Keane on loan to Celtc

    Robbie Keane on his way to celtic park for talks.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 01-02-2010 at 08:20 PM.

  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Supporter from afar Milkinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,926
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Milky 2K7
    *****, Robbie Keane is on his way to Glasgow to sign a loan deal for Sellick....

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Westie1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Easter Road
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,900
    Robbie Keane possibly to Celtc on loan according to sky, surely they can't afford his wages?

  5. #4
    Robbie Keane to Celtc on loan.

  6. #5
    Testimonial Due Cabbage East's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,877
    Keane to the scaffs

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    6 feet under
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,298
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robbie Keane on his way to celtic park for talks.

    That will be some signing!
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

  8. #7
    Testimonial Due Cabbage East's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That will be some signing!
    Everytime i've seen him play recently he's been pish.

  9. #8
    That'll probably be even bigger than the Bellamy signing.

  10. #9
    Supporter from afar Milkinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,926
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Milky 2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everytime i've seen him play recently he's been pish.
    Have you ever thought about the gulf in class between the SPL and the Premiership?

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everytime i've seen him play recently he's been pish.
    Robbie Keane would score tons of goals up here.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That will be some signing!
    He'll be a great signing.

  13. #12
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    28,008
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robbie Keane would score tons of goals up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be a great signing.


    He's a cracking player.
    WE ARE HIBERNIAN F.C. ...

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you ever thought about the gulf in class between the SPL and the Premiership?
    The top half dozen clubs in the Premiership yes, but if diddies like Ricardo Fuller and Shelton Martis can get a start down there it doesn't really back up your point

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cornwall
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,569
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robbie Keane would score tons of goals up here.
    He would have a few years ago. Not so sure now.

    Folk will say "he's only 29", but he has a lot of miles on the clock, so to speak, as he started playing professionally at 17.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 01-02-2010 at 05:15 PM.

  16. #15
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Clerie!!!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,000
    Terrible news for us if it happens. Would be like them signing Bellamy a few years ago. Robbie Keane will walk the SPL and could really kill off our hopes for a 2nd place finish

  17. #16
    The reason why we cant really compete tbh. Could you imagine rodders buying someone of keanes stature. Recently he has been awful though and getting bit older.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,974
    We've really terrified them into prizing open the biscuit tin!

  19. #18
    Earlier on Guardian's rolling transfer news forum :-

    5.11pm: On Sky Sports News, excitable Scot Jim White is beside himself with the news that Robbie Keane is off to Celtic. He looks like a dog with two tails.

    2.54pm: No genuine, not-blatantly-invented rumours involving Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool all day, excluding very young people joining lower division sides on loan. It's clearly not the biggest day on the football calendar for any of those sides. Robbie Keane's wikipedia entry has been edited 24 times in the last half-hour.

    2.52pm: Robbie Keane "is currently on his way to Tesco's, as he is out of milk", and then "is currently on his way to the Labour party to become leader, making it his first spell as the prime minister." Enough now, surely. "I hope he's not checking his entry today to see to which club the board are sending him to, "writes Adrian Cooper. "He will have wasted a fortune in RyanAir cancellation charges by now if so."

    2.46pm: Robbie Keane wikipedia update! We've passed through "He is currently on his way to McLaren for the remainder of the season on loan. This would be his first spell in Formula One." and are currently at "He is currently on his way to Tottenham Hotspur for the remainder of the season on loan. This will be his first spell on loan at a club which he is actually signed for anyway."

    2.38pm: Middlesbrough have accepted Manchester City's bid for Adam Johnson! Meanwhile, I'm told that since I mentioned Robbie Keane's Wikipedia entry at 2.14 it has been changed several times, including at one point claiming he was about to join Meadowbank Thistle on loan. "This would be his first spell at a club not currently in existence," it reported. He's currently on his way to Tranmere.


    Keane to Celtc ? Nah...............
    Last edited by KerPlunk; 01-02-2010 at 05:18 PM.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Deek01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    362
    Blog Entries
    1
    keane and kamara upfront !!...good business today by the weedge

  21. #20
    Supporter from afar Milkinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,926
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Milky 2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The top half dozen clubs in the Premiership yes, but if diddies like Ricardo Fuller and Shelton Martis can get a start down there it doesn't really back up your point
    Ricardo Fuller is 10 times the player he ever was at Hearts and Martis was never an out and out starter. There you go, I backed it up

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Storar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible news for us if it happens. Would be like them signing Bellamy a few years ago. Robbie Keane will walk the SPL and could really kill off our hopes for a 2nd place finish
    Lets be honest, there isn't much chance of us getting 2nd regardless of them signing Keane or not.

    They have signed a lot of new players to help them push for the title, and still have players like Maloney and Brown to come back from injury.

    The depth of Celtics squad is far greater than ours, and will see them get at least 2nd place.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason why we cant really compete tbh. Could you imagine rodders buying someone of keanes stature. Recently he has been awful though and getting bit older.
    TBF he's not only just started to get a bit older recently

    IMO he would be an excellent signing for them unfortunately, i don't think there's any chance we'll finish second regardless if he signs for them or not though.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,862
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: winst0ningram
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robbie Keane would score tons of goals up here.
    Not on his current form(by current form I mean the last year and a half)

    He's been ****in woeful. Spurs forums are delighted

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member persevere1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    425
    Cant believe keanes available and Petrie hasnt got him on board

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cornwall
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,569
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets be honest, there isn't much chance of us getting 2nd regardless of them signing Keane or not.

    They have signed a lot of new players to help them push for the title, and still have players like Maloney and Brown to come back from injury.

    The depth of Celtics squad is far greater than ours, and will see them get at least 2nd place.


    Nowt to do with "securing 2nd", it's a fairly desperate bid to catch the stickies.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ricardo Fuller is 10 times the player he ever was at Hearts and Martis was never an out and out starter. There you go, I backed it up
    Not really

    There is a gulf in class between the top six or so down south and the SPL, but then there's also a massive gulf in class between the top six down south and the other fourteen.

    If it's that big a difference then how come every preseason we see SPL teams getting good results against EPL teams?

    Sky constantly rattle on about the EPL being the best league in the world, but it's not. It's the richest league in the world, but just because they spend astronomical amounts on wages, it doesn't make the players astronomically better

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cornwall
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not on his current form(by current form I mean the last year and a half)

    He's been ****in woeful. Spurs forums are delighted
    Might mean Pavluychenko getting a game a bit more often, instead of having to placate Keane with random appearances.

  29. #28
    Supporter from afar Milkinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,926
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Milky 2K7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really

    There is a gulf in class between the top six or so down south and the SPL, but then there's also a massive gulf in class between the top six down south and the other fourteen.

    If it's that big a difference then how come every preseason we see SPL teams getting good results against EPL teams?
    Because they're friendlies.

    Based on that, if we moved to the EPL, we'd have a chance of getting 7th?

  30. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really

    There is a gulf in class between the top six or so down south and the SPL, but then there's also a massive gulf in class between the top six down south and the other fourteen.

    If it's that big a difference then how come every preseason we see SPL teams getting good results against EPL teams?
    Cause we're usually a week or 2 infront of them training wise.

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because they're friendlies.

    Based on that, if we moved to the EPL, we'd have a chance of getting 7th?
    They're still competitive games for teams at the same stage of their preparation for the season ahead.

    If we had the money to spend that the EPL clubs do, then yes we'd have a chance of seventh over time.

Similar Threads

  1. robbie keane
    By brydekirk in forum hibs.net Main Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 09:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved