hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graeme Smith

Smith

How good is it to have goalies who can actually win us points instead of losing them for us?

Always thought Smith was top drawer at the Well and hes showing it here. I feel a bit sorry for Stack as he was playing well before his injury but its gave Smith the chance to show what he can do. What kind of deal is he on at the moment?

Hopefully Maka will now be shown the door!

2. Log in to remove the advert

18 months.

I'd be tempted to try to get him for longer now!!!

BH.

He was under a lot of pressure tonight and did really well. Great to see. He looks the much better keeper than Stack, in my opinion.

The point blank save was outstanding.

It's great having a reliable keeper and it spreads confidence throughout the team.

I'm sure the team as a whole will feel the benefit as they can now concentrate on their own performance without having to worry about the keeper.

Good solid performance from Smith tonight even with all the pressure he had!

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    I remember a game at Easter Road a few seasons ago against Motherwell when Smith was in goals and he had save after save against us. Remember thinking this GK is top drawer. Think the result was a draw IIRC?

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    What a difference it is watching a hibs game not wondering where the enxt mistake is coming from. Tonight he had a fantastic save, great handling and commanded his area. Most of all he is in constant communication with his back line and that reflcected well since his arrival

Left by mutual consent!
    Easily the no 1 now. No question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember a game at Easter Road a few seasons ago against Motherwell when Smith was in goals and he had save after save against us. Remember thinking this GK is top drawer. Think the result was a draw IIRC?
    I recall such a game, but Riordan scored in the 92nd minute and we won 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    The point blank save was outstanding.

It's great having a reliable keeper and it spreads confidence throughout the team.
    A great point, although not at the game tonight it seems with Smith and Stack earlier on in the season, the defence looked a lot more confident, which meant that players like Zouma and Miller could show their creative side.

With Stokes and Riordan on form and the defence looking strong again, could be another long unbeaten run for the mighty cabbage!

I also agree Smith is easily No 1 at the club now.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I remember the game you are talking about - but I think we won it.

I too always felt he was worth a look at the time.

Goalies were never Mogga's strongpoint
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    He was under a lot of pressure tonight and did really well. Great to see. He looks the much better keeper than Stack, in my opinion.
    I agree in the sense that Smith definitely has the gloves; bit unfair on Stack though who has done nothing wrong since he joined.

All in all, I'm delighted we now have not one, but two very good, solid goalkeepers at the club.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Smith gets a bonus point

Quote from a celtic forum regarding our keeper Smith,

Quote Originally Posted by Random Celtc fan
    No, when hibs scored at the end he turned towards the fans and started cheering at them.

Was going aff his nut and shouting at the fans, jumped and held onto the bar for about a minute, all the while facing the fans shouting insults and giving the GIRUY.

Take a boo Smith, take a boo

I'm liking Buzz more and more every week

First the yams and now Sellik fans

This will be reason number 348578475937593457 why celtc couldn't win...our keeper clearly put off their fans, who were then disinclined to follow their team, who them failed due to lack of adulation so, it's Smith's fault.

Simple really.

I just wait, with joyous anticipation on the excuses being slavered by all the celtc faithful....

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    This must be shocking to them compared to that well behaved Mr Boruc. Good on you Smith get it up them :notworthy:

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    He seems to really have his heart at hibs. He was also going crazy when we scored against hearts wasn't he?

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    I suspect Graeme is a blue nose and probably loving it. Who cares, well done son. GIRUY Sellick

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    My MOM. The guy is f****** brilliant.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    A tremendous peformance by Smith. .

@hibs.net private member scott_hfc1875's Avatar
    I suspect Graeme is a blue nose and probably loving it. Who cares, well done son. GIRUY Sellick
    was supposed to be a jambo but have now heard he is a hibby ... anyone confirm??

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He was definitely a Hearts fan growing up, that's probably why he's a decent keeper.

First Team Breakthrough
    No he wasnt!! I know his girlfriend and I have spoke to Buzz on good few occasions, he is a rangers fan! His girl wont be happy with him tonight as she is a celtic fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    He was definitely a Hearts fan growing up, that's probably why he's a decent keeper.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeescott View Post
    No he wasnt!! I know his girlfriend and I have spoke to Buzz on good few occasions, he is a rangers fan! His girl wont be happy with him tonight as she is a celtic fan.
    ok, you sound pretty sure but regardless of who he supported he is our current number 1 who has pulled off some great saves in the last few weeks and won a few points. he is the keeper I have been on my kness praying for every night since daniel anderson (not a go at Stack by the way), couldnae be happier with the goalie situation.
    who would have thought last month that we would be on here discussing how a HIBS goalie had played well for three games in a row.
    he is obviously enjoying his football at the best club in scotland.

glory glory

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeescott View Post
    Buzz is 100% a jambo so is his brother both grew up in Edin. His bro was gutted when he signed for Hibs.

Dont want to jinx him but have Hibs finally found a keeper, He has been nothing short of magnificent since joining.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    His save against McGinn i think it was in the second half was first class

Graeme Smith

Just like to say well done to Graeme Smith, thought he had a great game last night.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Leith View Post
    How good is it to have goalies who can actually win us points instead of losing them for us?

Always thought Smith was top drawer at the Well and hes showing it here. I feel a bit sorry for Stack as he was playing well before his injury but its gave Smith the chance to show what he can do. What kind of deal is he on at the moment?

Hopefully Maka will now be shown the door!
    I have to agree with you mate, just watched the highlights. Smith's save from McGinn is worth three points on it's own. Things are looking up for us at the moment if only we could bring in a decent CH to partner Bamba and a right back.
    Got to say I like what I see from the manager, he's slowly but surely getting shot of the dead wood and replacing them with quality. It's gonne take time though. Got to give a wee mention to McBride who for me has changed the whole dynamic of the team, all of a sudden our passing has improved ten fold. It's no coincidence that it's happened since he came back in to the team.
    Last edited by Littlest Hobo; 28-01-2010 at 11:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post
    I have to agree with you mate, just watched the highlights. Smith's save from McGinn is worth three points on it's own. Things are looking up for us at the moment if only we could bring in a decent CH to partner Bamba and a right back.
    Got to say I like what I see from the manager, he's slowly but surely getting shot of the dead wood and replacing them with quality. It's gonne take time though.

hi

You can ask his g/f cheryl who he supported when he was younger and i know 150% he was a hearts fan. When he left school at 16 to go to rangers thats when his hearts roots faded. Proves how good a professional he is. Top keeper an bloke! Great signing!