hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    [QUOTE=jdships;2322788]Think he is a reasonable player but am not losing any sleep over his going to Tynie![/QUOTE]

have to agree. can we move on from this now?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, your club, if you have no idea what's going on that's fine by me.

I know that who I spoke to has the information.

Do you recall when you all thought your debt was going to be less than £20m? Case closed.
    For once I have to agree with a Yam, there's no chance Barr is on £12k a week!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipped flake View Post
    Sorry, I've read some rubbish on this thread but that takes the biscuit. Hearts limit for wages is now £4,000 a week and so Barr is on no more than that. Whether £4K a week is too much for him (or any other player in the SPL these days) is a good question but try and keep the digs about Hearts out of the realms of fantasy.
    On us signing Barr I would say it's the type of signing that we should be making. A good, fairly young, player with SPL experience. 3 year deal so potential to sell him on in 2 years time if he performs well. I do think his form has faded lately, hopefully now he has his immediate future sorted he can get back to the form that got him into the Scotland squad
    It's a Hibs messageboard DF, the digs at Hearts can come in any shape or form i think you will find.

I agree that he is a decent signing for Hearts.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    For once I have to agree with a Yam, there's no chance Barr is on £12k a week!
    Listen, just reporting on what a coach at Hearts just told me. As McGhee said, it wasn't just £3k they were talking , it was A LOT MORE than that.

There are bigger diddies than that on more money at Hearts, and if anyone tells me they've changed, aye, we'll see! As I said above, they believed their salaries had been drastically cut last year, the accounts didn't seem to agree.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Barr would have gladly signed for £6000 a week surely, why would they pay double that if their was no need. The only answer is that they are totaly incompetant. Seems to be about right.

was looking foward to us getting barr.not because i thought he was any great player (i think he is a decent player) but was hoping he would be playing right back which in turn would have made Witherspoon available to play in midfield where i think he is far more effective in that position. hope this can still happen... if we sign a right back
    Last edited by sticky windaes; 27-01-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    Barr would have gladly signed for £6000 a week surely, why would they pay double that if their was no need. The only answer is that they are totaly incompetant. Seems to be about right.
    The place is a nut house and in no stretch of the imagination are they a club going places on or off the park.

If Hibs say had offered £4k with knowing Hughes and the talent at the club and the infrastructure off it I'd think £6k from Hearts would have looked less attractive. Well, that and he wouldn't get a game here!

He's also been pretty clear in his chats with Mr May, if you believe that numpty of course, that he was going to wait until the summer and that he was also keen to play in England.

There may have been no huge interest right now but he was free to wait and see how clubs were placed in the summer.

He's taken a pretty quick decision to go to Hearts, looking at it all, that's not a decision he would have made for a mere £6k a week!

Plus, I was told by someone I trust at Hearts, and there's not many of them!

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time to close this thread!

We were all looking forward to signing Barr but he has gone and signed for Hearts and on more than we offered! Thems the breaks! Let the Jambos have their moment and rib us about this however we could have some fun with them...tba

He is a Jambo now and it is up to him to prove all the doubters he is really that good but personally I always thought he was too small for a CH and definitely too slow for a right back - not in Murphy's class and this is the type of player we should be looking at!

I am also sure Yogi has a surprise or two tucked away up his sleeve and will reveal all before Monday!

Not that I know anything just a feeling!

All in all, I'm really glad he's no the one making decisions in our central defence

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Let the Jambos have their moment and rib us about this however we could have some fun with them.
    I couldnae give two shiny sh*tes about Darren Barr and they can rib us all they like, to me I don't think its much of a loss to be honest.

Just for any Jambos looking in at this thread I have two names for you;

Anthony Stokes
    Liam Miller

Two players your daft manager said he wanted but he didn't get. One a prolific goalscorer at SPL level (something that won't ring many bells just now with you lot) and the other a sublime midfielder who plays classy football and creates chances.

So get it wrapped right roond yi's. I couldnae give a toss about your new signing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    Reminds me of the story from when Leeds were spending money they didn't have. They were signing Seth Johnson and him and his agent had agreed that they wouldn't accept any contract worth less than £20K per week.

They walked in the room and Risdale slapped the contract down on the table and said "I'm not negotiating with you - that contract is our final and only offer"

Contract was £40k per week!

Maybe Risdale has an "in" at the Hearts?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel

The Official Good Luck Darren Barr Thread

All the best Darren, hope you enjoy yourself. out of the frying pan and into the furness.
    please post your messages for Darren here

Left by mutual consent!

ATTN. Could a Mr Darren Barr...

Contact reception as soon as possible please. There's a Mr John Hughes asking if the ink's dry ....

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    On tonight's showing, we don't need him.

We've got Paul Hanlon.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    On tonight's showing, we don't need him.

errrrrrr.........that's the point.....

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    errrrrrr.........that's the point.....
    P1ss off, I only predict results. Any other points I make are not accredited to me
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Blog Entries
    The Jambos got a BARRgain............... but they're welcome to him.

I'm sure he'll shore up the defence (not).

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Reminds me of the story from when Leeds were spending money they didn't have. They were signing Seth Johnson and him and his agent had agreed that they wouldn't accept any contract worth less than £20K per week.

They walked in the room and Risdale slapped the contract down on the table and said "I'm not negotiating with you - that contract is our final and only offer"

Contract was £40k per week!

Maybe Risdale has an "in" at the Hearts?
    Johnson and his agent went there saying they would hold out for 16k a week.

They sat down and Risdale said, and I paraphrase, "Our one, only and final offer is 30k a week"

Johnson and agent looked at each other dumbfounded, and mistakenly noting the pause, Risdale said "Alright, 33k and that's it".

Seconds later, Johnson became a Leeds United footballer.