hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    'S' Form
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: leehamji
    handing out free green and white checkerd flags at the gates?

2. Log in to remove the advert

'S' Form
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: leehamji

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    glad this is taking shape.
    I had mentioned to the current hibs.net flag owner that i would be happy to take the burden off his back and take it to ER for the games.
    This huge shirt coupled with the two Bounce flags would be great to see kicking around the stadium!!
    can i ask if you bring the big flags keep them in one place dont try and move them along the stand really looks stupid as most people dont put the effort into moving it and also get all folded so keep them all in a section.

really loving the sound of this idea i have a few old hampden day flags so i will make sure all my family and friends have one to wave

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    bit radical but how about hibs give all the fans in either the ff or main stand one of these coloured cards to hold up which portrays a picture...maybe the hibs badge or "up the hibees" or something....you know the placards thingies to hold up before the start of the game...it always looks good in the big stadiums. Or how about a couple of these **** off flares (used in the san siro last night )...a green one obviously !.
    Or...we get the hibs.net flag strung down from the top tier of the ff or south stand ?.....if anything that (if used in the south stand) it would cover up a shed load of empty seats ?......just a thought or two
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Liamcee1994 View Post

Feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    A lot of fans pay a lot of money to sponsor players... also sponsor a couple...im sure a few seconds announcing the sponsor when a player scores a goal can be forgiven esp as it brings in money to the club ..
    Dear oh dear, assuming you are not on the wind up. I am delighted to hear musical praise to generous sponsors whenever hibs score a goal, it is actually more enjoyable than seeing Hibs score.

Wonder if anyone has asked these fans who sponsor if they want to hear this, I for one would not buy any product from asponsor who endorsed music after a goal with their name in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Brigade View Post
    Dear oh dear, assuming you are not on the wind up. I am delighted to hear musical praise to generous sponsors whenever hibs score a goal, it is actually more enjoyable than seeing Hibs score.

Wonder if anyone has asked these fans who sponsor if they want to hear this, I for one would not buy any product from asponsor who endorsed music after a goal with their name in it.
    Eh ..?... No-one is talking about music being played after a player scores ..im talking about the player sponsorship being read out ...a five second announcement ..hardly worth getting yer knickers in a twist aboot is it ..

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs7_0 View Post
    bit radical but how about hibs give all the fans in either the ff or main stand one of these coloured cards to hold up which portrays a picture...maybe the hibs badge or "up the hibees" or something....you know the placards thingies to hold up before the start of the game...it always looks good in the big stadiums. Or how about a couple of these **** off flares (used in the san siro last night )...a green one obviously !.
    Or...we get the hibs.net flag strung down from the top tier of the ff or south stand ?.....if anything that (if used in the south stand) it would cover up a shed load of empty seats ?......just a thought or two
    A bit like this?

YouTube - Milan-Barcelona

Would love to see ER with a bit more colour.

First Team Breakthrough An Leargaidh's Avatar

Thumbs Up Hiding flag 'n' canes

Just hide flag cane up yer arm before going through the turnstile. Not like the "pair a hands" behind the grill is gonna ask why yer arm is stiff. If the cane you have is not longer than the HFC length limit then it shouldn't be too hard. Either that or down yer trousers

There's a way round most things If everyone takes a flag on a cane in I'm sure Petrie would soon stop the stewards trying to throw everyone out in case we all didn't come back the next match!

Cammy

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    Whilst I think this is a splendid idea and I hope it takes off, I have to agree with those concerned that Jobsworth Security will ensure that they do everything in their power to screw it up by either applying their roolz inconsistently (causing arguments) or too strictly (and screwing up the spectacle).

Talking Green Day - taking it forward

I am gonna try and wear something green on Saturday but if it is too cold it'll need to be something warm

If Saturday shows enough support for the Green Day idea then it would be great if it the idea could be taken forward and expanded under a unified banner.

Maybe if someone had the connections and cash up front to get a load of wee plastic flags and t-shirts or similar made it could be taken from there. You could sell them via the internet and PayPal.

Maybe we could adopt Kermit The Frog as our mascot?

Cammy

Quote Originally Posted by MickyBlueEyes68 View Post
    Just hide flag cane up yer arm before going through the turnstile. Not like the "pair a hands" behind the grill is gonna ask why yer arm is stiff. If the cane you have is not longer than the HFC length limit then it shouldn't be too hard. Either that or down yer trousers

There's a way round most things If everyone takes a flag on a cane in I'm sure Petrie would soon stop the stewards trying to throw everyone out in case we all didn't come back the next match!

Cammy

The limit is 100cm long.

I'm talking about the cane here!!!!

"Item 15. Club flags and banners, as well as any official national flag are permissible, provided they do not carry any additional religious, racist or other derogatory messages. Flags/banners must not interfere with the viewing capabilities or safety of other Spectators. In addition, flags and banners must not be allowed to obstruct advertising boards or directional signage. Small flags can be mounted on garden canes, provided the canes measure less than 100 cms in length."

I know its a Yams thing but I really like the sight when everyones twirling their scarfs. Saw Man U doing it last night and it would wind that bunch up something rotten??

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by MickyBlueEyes68 View Post
    I am gonna try and wear something green on Saturday but if it is too cold it'll need to be something warm

If Saturday shows enough support for the Green Day idea then it would be great if it the idea could be taken forward and expanded under a unified banner.

Maybe if someone had the connections and cash up front to get a load of wee plastic flags and t-shirts or similar made it could be taken from there. You could sell them via the internet and PayPal.

Maybe we could adopt Kermit The Frog as our mascot?

Cammy

If its too cold put your top over yer jacket
    Hibernian Football Club

Cool Good idea! (but..)

That's great idea. Shame I didn't buy an XXXXL top then cause me+coat is fat enough without trying to fit my top over that.

Hold on though, maybe I could dye a Yams top green, they come in XXXXL as standard don't they?

Cammy

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    If its too cold put your top over yer jacket

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibees Wii Code: 007
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs7_0 View Post
    Wouldnae work i'm afraid, tried that on the bounce flag baby flags debut and was told quickly to take it down lol

As for the south idea hibs knocked that on the head when spamheid I think it was asked from here to hibs officially.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Great idea. I am definately up for a 'Green Day' at Easter Road against St Mirren. Even the folk from the Hibees Bounce have got their thumbs up on this idea aswell.
    The .net and bounce flags are massive and would need around 7 bodies to get them unfurled and started off.

I'm in the FF LOwer and will take the big bounce flag with me, if anyones around the ff lower gimme handers ffs lol

How's about taking both the .net flag and the bounce and doing them one after another in the FF Lower?

:notworthy: