hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liam Miller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How anyone can say Miller is crap is beyond me. He's the only one in the middle of the park who plays with his head up. Without McBride, we toil to retain the ball. Wotherspoon is going through a bad spell, and cant seem to find a hibs shirt when on the ball. Rankin runs about, thats it. And Zemamma is injured. Riordan is not a midfielder. He needs help, he cant do it all on his own.
    That's exactly my thoughts on this.

The "Liam Miller's pish" thing was started by jambos who can't believe we've signed a player of his quality. Unfortunatley some Hibs fans seem to be easily swayed into believing what Hearts fans tell them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    The thing is BH, he played well there for 4 or 5 games on the trot. Then it was like he took the huff at not getting as many chances at goal, taking no consolation, or more suitably, no pride in the fact that he was playing an integral part in the Hibernian FC machine.

Every time someone defends a player like Rankin saying " he tries his heart out", the response is, invariably, "well so would every single Hibs fan in the ground". I know one that rarely does. And I'm not going to say that Rankin is a better player, but I think that the rest of the team plays better when a bad player tries hard, than when a "superstar" is half hearted. That really irritates those covering for him, and so much of football is about mentality, that it is bound to have some effect.

As for being our second top scorer, and up there with assists, well, I would argue that for all the goals he can score, that's another goal conceded this week from a chain of events that HE started. Furthermore the SPL has Rankin as our top assists contributer, with 3 that he gained playing out on the wing at the start of the season.
    The SPL site is clearly p*sh cos I can think of Riordan having at least 4 assists. Stokes goal in the derby, Stokes 1st vs Well at ER. Nish's goal at Well, the OG that they took off Riordan vs Falkirk at ER.

He's probably got a few more, that's just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Don't think he was really murder on Sat. He couldn't play his game because he had to keep cleaning Rankin's mistake's up. The sooner McBride is back, the better.
    Absolutely - lets not judge Miller when at the moment he is basically having to do the job of 2 Centre Midfielders due to the fact that Rankin is incapable.
    Granted if come the end of the season he has still been horse whilst playing alongside KMcB we can start to question his ability but certainly not now!

In my opinion Liam Miller is the best player in the current squad.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanksSaidNo View Post
    Absolutely - lets not judge Miller when at the moment he is basically having to do the job of 2 Centre Midfielders due to the fact that Rankin is incapable.
    Granted if come the end of the season he has still been horse whilst playing alongside KMcB we can start to question his ability but certainly not now!

In my opinion Liam Miller is the best player in the current squad.
    I think he's the best player we've had since Sauzee.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think he's the best player we've had since Sauzee.
    Nae chance.

Latapy.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    That's exactly my thoughts on this.

The "Liam Miller's pish" thing was started by jambos who can't believe we've signed a player of his quality. Unfortunatley some Hibs fans seem to be easily swayed into believing what Hearts fans tell them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Nae chance.

Latapy.
    Did Sauzee not outlast Latapy?

Anyway, Sauzee was a class above Latapy!

Did Sauzee not outlast Latapy?

Anyway, Sauzee was a class above Latapy!

Course Sauzee was a class above Latapy, You said Miller was the best player at ER since Sauzee, dont think he's anywhere near RL class, so there take that.

First Team Breakthrough
    I can appreciate that he is trying to run the midfield himself. That said, I think he can do things faster at times, he seems to get caught on the ball when there is no need. I do sympathise with him though as there arent many options for our players when they have the ball, which is half Miller's problem at the moment.

He is blatantly a class player, and with better players around him in the midfield (ie McBride) he will flourish for us, of that I have no doubt.

Coaching Staff
    Course Sauzee was a class above Latapy, You said Miller was the best player at ER since Sauzee, dont think he's anywhere near RL class, so there take that.
    But if latapy left before sauzee how can latapy come into contention for the best player since sauzee???

But if latapy left before sauzee how can latapy come into contention for the best player since sauzee???

Andy, seriously, dinnae pish me off.

Liam Miller is great for Hibs but theres plenty id have ahead of him.

Liam Miller so far , absolute qaulity for Hibs, but id have quite a few players before him, and if you dont agree thats YOUR opinion, and if you wanna argue ive got allnight.
    But dinnae be wide.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Liam Miller so far , absolute qaulity for Hibs, but id have quite a few players before him, and if you dont agree thats YOUR opinion, and if you wanna argue ive got allnight.
    But dinnae be wide.

He's right, though Andy. Latapy cannae be the best player since Sauzee, because Sauzee was here after him - that's all Andy is saying bud.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

He's right, though Andy. Latapy cannae be the best player since Sauzee, because Sauzee was here after him - that's all Andy is saying bud.
    You've made a mistake, Matty, Andy's talking to himself there, he didn't mean the other Andy. The clue was 'seriously, Andy, dinnae pish me off."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    You've made a mistake, Matty, Andy's talking to himself there, he didn't mean the other Andy. The clue was 'seriously, Andy, dinnae pish me off."
    Actually, it's you what has made the mistake, Bob.

I was talking to Andy McNab, author of some books and that. He's a keen viewer of hibs.net.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Just aswell am thick skinned

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Just aswell am thick skinned

@hibs.net private member
    Derek Riordan isn't the same player as the one that left. His inability to take advantage of the Yams piss poor right back was the perfect example of this.

He will score some screamers and i dare say win us some matches, but I don't think he will weigh in with the 20+ he used to and when he's not scoring, he is doing absolutely nowt.

Games against Killie, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts and now Dundee utd have shown him to be a complete passenger and one that we can't afford to keep carrying.

Rankin isn't making Miller look bad. Riordan and Zemmama are making Rankin and Miller look bad because they are doing the defensive work of 4 men. There is so much pressure on them and so much ground to cover, they can't get forward as much and create chances.

I've said it before but a proper left midfielder will create, score and give the other midfielders more of an opportunity to create and score more goals than Riordan is going to provide us with. It will also give the team better balance and increase the work ethic ten fold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Derek Riordan isn't the same player as the one that left. His inability to take advantage of the Yams piss poor right back was the perfect example of this..
    How many times did he get the ball though? One of the times I remember he went passed the boy and crossed for the equaliser. Having said that he does need to play up front instead of in midfield.

Just aswell am thick
    Aye tis that...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Liam Miller is quality and we should appreciate what we have as he will surely leave in the not too distant future IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Derek Riordan isn't the same player as the one that left. His inability to take advantage of the Yams piss poor right back was the perfect example of this.

He will score some screamers and i dare say win us some matches, but I don't think he will weigh in with the 20+ he used to and when he's not scoring, he is doing absolutely nowt.

Games against Killie, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts and now Dundee utd have shown him to be a complete passenger and one that we can't afford to keep carrying.

Rankin isn't making Miller look bad. Riordan and Zemmama are making Rankin and Miller look bad because they are doing the defensive work of 4 men. There is so much pressure on them and so much ground to cover, they can't get forward as much and create chances.

I've said it before but a proper left midfielder will create, score and give the other midfielders more of an opportunity to create and score more goals than Riordan is going to provide us with. It will also give the team better balance and increase the work ethic ten fold.
    Mostly agree with this. I do think Rankin simply isn't good enough. However Miller most certainly is, and I agree with your analysis regarding Riordan and Zemamma.

Too many times we've been playing with a very small, two-man midfield which means they're overpowered and overstretched even by fairly ho-hum SPL midfielders when trying to defend. And when we have the ball, the lack of options in midfield often leads to the big hopeful punt, or one of the midfield two being shepherded into a blind alley.

We need a genuine left-sider, as you rightly say, and a strong physical presence in midfield. (Yes, I know, the Matty Jack thing). And we need Riordan and Zemamma to drop the laziness and selfishness and play for the team. Far too often they try the fancy option to make themselves look good and end up shooting off target or losing the ball.

I'm pretty confident that Yogi knows all this and more, and will be taking the necessary steps. That's the difference from last year - then I had no confidence in the manager either being aware of the team's weaknesses, or having any ability to do anything about it.

Coaching Staff

But dinnae be wide.
    Dinnae be wide??

Do you know what 'since' means?

Dinnae be wide??

Do you know what 'since' means?

Matty Put me right

Coaching Staff

Matty Put me right

Hobo muppet

Hobo muppet
    'Since' 2007

I Think everyone likes our midfield this year better than last, IMHO Zouma is never effective in the winter months.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    Mostly agree with this. I do think Rankin simply isn't good enough. However Miller most certainly is, and I agree with your analysis regarding Riordan and Zemamma.

Too many times we've been playing with a very small, two-man midfield which means they're overpowered and overstretched even by fairly ho-hum SPL midfielders when trying to defend. And when we have the ball, the lack of options in midfield often leads to the big hopeful punt, or one of the midfield two being shepherded into a blind alley.

We need a genuine left-sider, as you rightly say, and a strong physical presence in midfield. (Yes, I know, the Matty Jack thing). And we need Riordan and Zemamma to drop the laziness and selfishness and play for the team. Far too often they try the fancy option to make themselves look good and end up shooting off target or losing the ball.

I'm pretty confident that Yogi knows all this and more, and will be taking the necessary steps. That's the difference from last year - then I had no confidence in the manager either being aware of the team's weaknesses, or having any ability to do anything about it.
    For me, Rankin is the definition of a squad player. Not on a great wage, good attitude and can do a job when called upon. McBride will be back in as soon as he's ready. Rankin is nowhere near as good but you would have to say he has done a job when needed.