hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam Miller

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm not sure Yogi has the mental clout yet to take these players off in a 'you didnae perform' type subbie.

At Falkirk, Latapy was the big name but nobody was ever shocked when he was taken off, not least himself, so that was easy-peasy.

As a team we do have 'mavericks' as Yogi says but when we have so many starting, if the performance is poor he must make changes where needed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnyrigg H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Total and utter garbage.

Until results were going against us the general oppinion of fans, media, manager and players was that Riordan was working harder than ever. Now when things aint going so well he is a lazy waster. I take it this has been you oppinion over the years while he banged in his 80+ goals for us? How many players in the modern era can speak of a scoring that amount of goals for Hibs? The whole team need a boot up the a***, Riordan included. Lazy, at times yes. A waster, no danger.
    My opinion........ A great natural player when he can be bothered..... Needs to apply that every week though.........

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    My opinion........ A great natural player when he can be bothered..... Needs to apply that every week though.........
    To a certain extent I agree. However, he is what he is. Give me his natural talent every second week over certain other individuals in our team, who although they give 100% every week, are simply hopeless.

Deek is a match winner, a goal scorer. Get him up front and the goals will flow.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Don't think anyone can say Riordan is the golden boy and exempt from criticism as he got far more than any other player today. And deservedly so.

To a certain extent I agree. However, he is what he is. Give me his natural talent every second week over certain other individuals in our team, who although they give 100% every week, are simply hopeless.

Deek is a match winner, a goal scorer. Get him up front and the goals will flow.
    Can you imagine his natural talent, coupled with a 100% effort, now that would be better surely?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    I'm not sure Yogi has the mental clout yet to take these players off in a 'you didnae perform' type subbie.

At Falkirk, Latapy was the big name but nobody was ever shocked when he was taken off, not least himself, so that was easy-peasy.

As a team we do have 'mavericks' as Yogi says but when we have so many starting, if the performance is poor he must make changes where needed.
    I'd say riordan was the only (maverick) we have. He's the only one who does not seem to do much running, much working, or indeed much of anything, yet he is our 2nd top goalscorer, and probably right up there with assists. He is capable of much more, i'd rather he was played further up the park, as he will never make a left midfielder, you have to do more than he does, to play that position.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Can you imagine his natural talent, coupled with a 100% effort, now that would be better surely?
    From the teams perspective, of course it would be. Like I say though, he is what he is. Always has been always will be. Play him up front, more chances = more goals, whilst he wouldn't use so much of his energy running towards his own goal. The most talented player in our team, let him play where he does what he does best, score goals.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    From the teams perspective, of course it would be. Like I say though, he is what he is. Always has been always will be. Play him up front, more chances = more goals, whilst he wouldn't use so much of his energy running towards his own goal. The most talented player in our team, let him play where he does what he does best, score goals.

No doubt he has talent and don't expect him to be making crunching tackles, but today he actually RAN AWAY from making a couple of challenges.

Left by mutual consent!
    Burn him at the stake..

Along with other no hopers Riordan, Benji and Zemamma..

They're not Hibs class..

If we get rid of these duds it could free up wages which would allow is to sign more players like Rankin, Hogg and Makalambay!

Guys who really try hard, always give 100%, always put a good shift in, clap the fans and are down right nice guys to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Leitrim Hibee View Post
    He struggles because he's always mopping up after Rankin because he has no confidence is Rankin's abilities, thus he is trying to do jobs, neither of them particularly well. Launch Rankin, bring back McBride. If Miller is still p1sh, we can take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    Burn him at the stake..

Along with other no hopers Riordan, Benji and Zemamma..

They're not Hibs class..

If we get rid of these duds it could free up wages which would allow is to sign more players like Rankin, Hogg and Makalambay!

Guys who really try hard, always give 100%, always put a good shift in, clap the fans and are down right nice guys to boot!
    Another post from you of sheer nonsense!

Nobody is saying that these guys are not Hibs class the fact is they have not been playing well enough and some especially Riordan need to put in more of an effort to contribute positively to the team when we arent playing well.

If you think everythings hunky dory and these guys are exempt from criticism when they are not up to scratch as they have a certain amount of ability then you need to have a word with yourself!

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    No doubt he has talent and don't expect him to be making crunching tackles, but today he actually RAN AWAY from making a couple of challenges.
    My argument is that over the course of a season his talent will show through. Other guys in our team such as Rankin cover a lot more ground than Deek, what product is there though? Like I said earlier the whole team need a kick up the a***, including him.

As for tackling today, on various occasions in the 1st half we had 2 or 3 our midfielders going for the one ball. In the second half Miller near enough going in to a 50/50 with Hanlon. Comical at times.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    How anyone can say Miller is crap is beyond me. He's the only one in the middle of the park who plays with his head up. Without McBride, we toil to retain the ball. Wotherspoon is going through a bad spell, and cant seem to find a hibs shirt when on the ball. Rankin runs about, thats it. And Zemamma is injured. Riordan is not a midfielder. He needs help, he cant do it all on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    I don't know, we wait an eternity for players like Deeks, Miller, Stokes etc to come to Hibs and then we just slag them off week in week out.

Anyone who kens anything about fitba should know these players won't perform week in week out because the wouldnae be at Hibs if they did.

Let's just enjoy when they do turn it on but let's not hound them out.
    good post,a couple of signings and hopefully we will pick up again !!

Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    I like Miller, he can be an assett to the team if you have the right players around him, however, have you ever seen him take a player on? I cant recall him doing it. He loves to pass, but sometimes the pass is not on and you need to run with the ball!
    and david beckham took players on ?????

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Riordan.....murder last five six games ! Golden child though and wont suffer the same way others do. Imagine what a player he would be if he knew a football pitch is actually made up of two halves and in one of them you have to work, harry and defend properly.
    Yeah, and imagine if he was a striker who could get you 20+ goals a season and was actually played as a ****ing striker!

It's like buying Sea the Stars and using him to plough a field

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How anyone can say Miller is crap is beyond me. He's the only one in the middle of the park who plays with his head up. Without McBride, we toil to retain the ball. Wotherspoon is going through a bad spell, and cant seem to find a hibs shirt when on the ball. Rankin runs about, thats it. And Zemamma is injured. Riordan is not a midfielder. He needs help, he cant do it all on his own.
    Liam isn`t in the same class as Joe Keenan, Chisholm,Rankin and Brian Kerr, oh what a mistake it was letting these guys go, maybe we could swap Stokes and Riordan for Morais and Courier, oh the good all days.

Coaching Staff
    Agree totally. I sometimes wonder if we deserve half decent players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Liam isn`t in the same class as Joe Keenan, Chisholm,Rankin and Brian Kerr, oh what a mistake it was letting these guys go, maybe we could swap Stokes and Riordan for Morais and Courier, oh the good all days.

Another post from you of sheer nonsense

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post

Whooshhh

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Whooshhh
    My cabbage loving friend, I think the only whooshhh in here should be for you

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    My cabbage loving friend, I think the only whooshhh in here should be for you
    Is that me found guilty of not reading the whole thread before posting again?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Yeah, and imagine if he was a striker who could get you 20+ goals a season and was actually played as a ****ing striker!

It's like buying Sea the Stars and using him to plough a field
    deek's never played as a striker. Under mogga he did play more attacking role on the left side.

He is being played too deep, but there is no reason for his poor workrate. Look at Ryan Giggs top pro worked his nuts off working up and down the line

I reiterate my point from last week ( and will continue to do so ), LM is overated by the vast majority of Hibees. Post Rangers, he has been very ordinary. For me, even prior to that, he was not the player some said he was...................'til next week!

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I'd say riordan was the only (maverick) we have. He's the only one who does not seem to do much running, much working, or indeed much of anything, yet he is our 2nd top goalscorer, and probably right up there with assists. He is capable of much more, i'd rather he was played further up the park, as he will never make a left midfielder, you have to do more than he does, to play that position.
    The thing is BH, he played well there for 4 or 5 games on the trot. Then it was like he took the huff at not getting as many chances at goal, taking no consolation, or more suitably, no pride in the fact that he was playing an integral part in the Hibernian FC machine.

Every time someone defends a player like Rankin saying " he tries his heart out", the response is, invariably, "well so would every single Hibs fan in the ground". I know one that rarely does. And I'm not going to say that Rankin is a better player, but I think that the rest of the team plays better when a bad player tries hard, than when a "superstar" is half hearted. That really irritates those covering for him, and so much of football is about mentality, that it is bound to have some effect.

As for being our second top scorer, and up there with assists, well, I would argue that for all the goals he can score, that's another goal conceded this week from a chain of events that HE started. Furthermore the SPL has Rankin as our top assists contributer, with 3 that he gained playing out on the wing at the start of the season.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    R01rdan could sit in the centre circle and some on the site would make excuses for him the facts are he is a lazy git and needs time on the bench.

If you look at Stokes when he loses the ball he goes to win it back but Deeks just gives up he honestly give you the impression that he couldn't care less.

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Rankin's hampering Miller's play...

As for Deek...needs to be benched before the fans turn on him (quite a few at the game yesterday getting annoyed at his huffiness and poor body language)

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Don't think he was really murder on Sat. He couldn't play his game because he had to keep cleaning Rankin's mistake's up. The sooner McBride is back, the better.