hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is bringing back many memories (some are even happy ones).
    Was at RHS at Barnton from 1969 -75(Northfield before that)
    I was in "Badger's" form class and well remember the slipper! (and a blackboard duster being thrown around)
    Also remember John Murray, the music teacher, a Liverpudlian who was more into rugby than football.
    Those were good times to be a Hibee - League Cup, Dryburgh Cups, European Nights, 5 goals down the slope, 7-0 1/1/73 - Happy Days
    Music teacher's pushing it a bit: he just let us bring in our own records to play and disappeared to the staff room for the entire period

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNibs View Post
    I was an Angle (IIRC) - light blue badge.
    Who remembers 'Wee Mac' & 'Tits Gray' ?
    Who could forget "Tits Gray". And "Rock Hard Nipples" Cormack. And what about Miss Bryden

First Team Breakthrough Joy Zipper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flemington hibb View Post
    Fraser Smith me old china! Its Garry Paterson here. Think you were in my class twice, did you not go to Leith Academy also? How's life treating ye?

Ah Gary, I'm good thanks, yes Leith Academy P1-P6, Royal High P7. I'm still living in Edinburgh and trying (pretty unsuccessfully as we have a 6 month old baby) to get along to Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Who could forget "Tits Gray". And "Rock Hard Nipples" Cormack. And what about Miss Bryden
    Elspeth Cormack had a "thing" with one of my classmates.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Elspeth Cormack had a "thing" with one of my classmates, which continued long after he left the school. Since this is an internet board, I can say these things without fear of legal action
    Sorry you are wrong the very least that can happen is you can be banned from this board with legal action to follow if some-one wishes to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by solly View Post
    Sorry you are wrong the very least that can happen is you can be banned from this board with legal action to follow if some-one wishes to do so.
    1. I know the rules on defamation. Hence the devil smiley.

2. one can't be defamed if it's true.

3. welcome to the board. Nice first post.

red card

Posting in a forum does not relieve from the threat of liability. For better or worse, you can still be sued for anything from character assassination to invasion of privacy to...well, anything that you can be sued for in the brick and mortar world. Laws in the physical world apply to the virtual world as well.
    Ah, but what about anonymity? Well, you leave a trail when you post online. Many people assume that they will be okay as long as they don't put their true name, address and whatever on the forum profile. Wrong. A company will sue the forum for your IP information. It is recorded when you sign up. They will then track backwards to the company controlling said IP and get a court order forcing the company to reveal who has the account.

Quote Originally Posted by solly View Post
    Posting in a forum does not relieve from the threat of liability. For better or worse, you can still be sued for anything from character assassination to invasion of privacy to...well, anything that you can be sued for in the brick and mortar world. Laws in the physical world apply to the virtual world as well.
    Ah, but what about anonymity? Well, you leave a trail when you post online. Many people assume that they will be okay as long as they don't put their true name, address and whatever on the forum profile. Wrong. A company will sue the forum for your IP information. It is recorded when you sign up. They will then track backwards to the company controlling said IP and get a court order forcing the company to reveal who has the account.
    I, and the many posters who have been posting on here for years, know all this. I am quite happy to rely on what the great Jonathan Aitken called "the simple sword of truth".

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I, and the many posters who have been posting on here for years, know all this. I am quite happy to rely on what the great Jonathan Aitken called "the simple sword of truth".
    What about the trusty shield of British fair play?