hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coach wanted for hibs fans team.

the Hibs V Hearts chairty match is at the end of May.

our coach of the last 2 years Fraser is unable to do it this year due to Family and other football commitments

We have his old boss willing to continue but he's keen to get a helper or two in.

is there anyone on here who would like to get involved.
    Coaching badges etc are not neccessary so if you've coached an ammature team at any point and fancy getting involved then please get in touch asap.

currently we don't have an sessions arranged, but looking to get things up and running soon.

this is a fantastic opportunity, great experience, and you'd be defending the trophy, Hibs being the winners for the past 3 years and going for 4 in a row.

The Jambos will be well up for it so we need to be well prepared!!!

get in touch john@rivals4charity.co.uk or PM me.

On a side note, if theres any players who would like to put themselves forward to attend trials etc, please let me know. I'm looking to build the player list so be quick.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2PKnRHmz-o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2PKnRHmz-o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Mister P; 12-01-2010 at 11:36 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the Hibs V Hearts chairty match is at the end of May.

our coach of the last 2 years Fraser is unable to do it this year due to Family and other football commitments

We have his old boss willing to continue but he's keen to get a helper or two in.

is there anyone on here who would like to get involved.
    Coaching badges etc are not neccessary so if you've coached an ammature team at any point and fancy getting involved then please get in touch asap.

currently we don't have an sessions arranged, but looking to get things up and running soon.

this is a fantastic opportunity, great experience, and you'd be defending the trophy, Hibs being the winners for the past 3 years and going for 4 in a row.

The Jambos will be well up for it so we need to be well prepared!!!

get in touch john@rivals4charity.co.uk or PM me.

On a side note, if theres any players who would like to put themselves forward to attend trials etc, please let me know. I'm looking to build the player list so be quick.

I will take charge, my first duty, blue tops white shorts black socks with red tops, we got a deal

just curious mate, to become a player do you pay or is it trials ( no I don't want a game)

And lastly in photo 1 did the keeper get sent off for that challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    I will take charge, my first duty, blue tops white shorts black socks with red tops, we got a deal

just curious mate, to become a player do you pay or is it trials ( no I don't want a game)

And lastly in photo 1 did the keeper get sent off for that challenge?
    u dont have ot pay, u have to attend trials and be selected. Its entirely an amature event but the standard tends to be quite high.

were talking with the Old Firm and its on the cards to do a glasgow based one, as well as dunfy v falkirk and shef utd v wednesday.

believe it or not, the keeper got the ball well cleared and that was the player running into him.

its a mans game ffs!!!

think they got a free kick right enough lol

Left by mutual consent!
    Defo a great opportunity for someone to step in to manage a multi cup winning Hibs team

IIRC (need to check the award winning video that was filmed by hibs interactive) the keeper headed the ball clear.

u dont have ot pay, u have to attend trials and be selected. Its entirely an amature event but the standard tends to be quite high.

were talking with the Old Firm and its on the cards to do a glasgow based one, as well as dunfy v falkirk and shef utd v wednesday.

believe it or not, the keeper got the ball well cleared and that was the player running into him.

its a mans game ffs!!!
    Just what I was saying last week when Hinkle got in the way of big Lafferty
    Good stuff mate, How is it funded, i.e renting of stadium or is this donated by the club, do the players have a drink after( I mean both sets of players together to show rival fans can mix.

This could be a great charity fund raiser is this the case?

These might seem daft questions but im genuinely interested.

Testimonial Due
    Good stuff mate, How is it funded, i.e renting of stadium or is this donated by the club, do the players have a drink after( I mean both sets of players together to show rival fans can mix.

This could be a great charity fund raiser is this the case?

These might seem daft questions but im genuinely interested.
    The club donate the stadium for the day for free, and in past years there is a function type thing with snacks and a bar for after the game. It brings in alot more money in, for the charity and makes it more enjoyable for everyone. As far as i know anyone can go to the function afterwards (for a small fee of course.)

Good luck to the Hibees!
    Shame the OF are getting involved. It might start off as a charity thing but they'll want to make money from it. They have previous doncha know. ;-)

there is a function after wards for both squads and their entourage. Both squads certainly mix as often they all know each other (they usualy play aginst each other in their respective saturday/sunday amature sides). the banter afterwards is usaly good fun and in good spirit. [watch from about 6:25]
    usualy we get the stadium donated for the day but this year Hibs can't do it!!

Im in th eprocess of making a highlights program for the website but heres a sneak preview
    Filmed by Hibernian Interactive and commentary from our own Luke Shanley

to date we have raised over £40,100 for local edinburgh based charities....and that all down to guys like you and me going along and supporting your fellow supporters.

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    If you are still looking for assistance can you PM me the details.

I have coaching badges for players up to 18 years old (don't think it makes much difference).

I do have other coaching commitments at the moment so I don't know if I will be able to fit it in.

No problem if you have already had an offer of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Good luck to the Hibees!
    Shame the OF are getting involved. It might start off as a charity thing but they'll want to make money from it. They have previous doncha know. ;-)
    That's unfair, I can only speak for rangers fans but check out the rangers supporters erskine appeal, the work some folk do for this appeal is fantastic and the sums of cash raised is phenomenal, none of the money goes to the fans or the club.

Rangers as a club support charity's also check the rangers charity foundation.

You could try Charlie Irons Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    You could try Charlie Irons Coaches
    aye very good

That's unfair, I can only speak for rangers fans but check out the rangers supporters erskine appeal, the work some folk do for this appeal is fantastic and the sums of cash raised is phenomenal, none of the money goes to the fans or the club.

Rangers as a club support charity's also check the rangers charity foundation.
    I was going back a wee bit longer than that
    Space to let

Highlights program

hers a couple of highlights programs .

the highlights

penalty shoot out
    Last edited by Mister P; 12-01-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    usualy we get the stadium donated for the day but this year Hibs can't do it!!
    Hibs can do what they want, they're just tight as ****.

the stadium director has explained to me why they can't hold anything other than first team games, due to their health & safety certificate. thats why they can't hold any cup finals, u19's, 21's or reserve matches any more.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    the stadium director has explained to me why they can't hold anything other than first team games, due to their health & safety certificate. thats why they can't hold any cup finals, u19's, 21's or reserve matches any more.
    So what exactly is wrong with the stadium?

I'm sure they have their reasons but that sounds pretty ropey. I'm sure if Hibs were offered £20k or whatever to host a league-cup semi-final, they'd bite the SFL's hands off.

When are the trials? I would be interested.

will be setting up an online application form soon.

But they can cram thousands of fans into that outdated ****-hole of an East !!!! ...

dunno to all the above. is there likely to be s difference between 1 level if game ir anothet. i expected that if they had a licence, providing they followed the various rules that they could host whatever kind if game they want.....even an Elton John concert!

dunno to all the above. is there likely to be s difference between 1 level if game ir anothet. i expected that if they had a licence, providing they followed the various rules that they could host whatever kind if game they want.....even an Elton John concert!
    Thats what i cant understand though ....what crowd ..1000 upwards ?..a modern west stand with superb facilities but they are mumping their gums about a safety certificate ...however "wee" Spartans can accomodate you no probs ...

hers a couple of highlights programs .

the highlights

penalty shoot out
    Nooo one needs to look at the penalties. Come on now Fonz!

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Noticed a couple players playing there that play senior/junior,was that allowed last year? Remember one of the years it stated you couldnt play if you played that level.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    Noticed a couple players playing there that play senior/junior,was that allowed last year? Remember one of the years it stated you couldnt play if you played that level.
    They relaxed the rules so that Junior/Senior players could play.

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo10 View Post
    They relaxed the rules so that Junior/Senior players could play.

Cheers mate. Bit of a shame on your average joe player right enough but makes a better standard of game i suppose!
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by whereswallace? View Post
    Cheers mate. Bit of a shame on your average joe player right enough but makes a better standard of game i suppose!
    Yup, The standard last year was really high, can only get better really. Wont stop me going in for it again this year...was great fun minus the penalty miss!