hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s a bit of an over-reaction. If you're in fear of your life don't go to the match.

It's not that bad though - everyone (that wants to) can still get to their work and to the shops without dying so it's probably ok to get to the match as well.

Why is it an over reaction then? The met office are telling people to go out only if it's necessary, and there have been fatalities, oh and my Mrs couldn't get to work this morning because the trains were cancelled. OVER REACTION? I don';t think so!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN SKYE View Post
    Why is it an over reaction then? The met office are telling people to go out only if it's necessary, and there have been fatalities, oh and my Mrs couldn't get to work this morning because the trains were cancelled. OVER REACTION? I don';t think so!

trains were cancelled because of a points failure nothing to to with the weather so stop over reacting

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I can't believe that some people who live in the city are complaining that they can't go to the matches because they couldn't drive.

I understand that some out in the sticks might need to use private transport, but to those within city limits - catch a sodding bus or train. I know the bus service has been affected but not that badly.

And people hiding behind met office warnings advising you to not leave your house? Fine if you live in the Borders or the deepest parts of West Lothian where it's really been bad, but on the whole travelling within Edinburgh is a cakewalk - bus, car or on foot.

If you choose not to go to the match because of the weather, that's your perogative - I won't judge you, it's your call. But the majority can make it in (derby crowd indicates this), so the games should go on.

Another wee rant, I understand why the clubs might call games off though - the new "compensation culture" now rife where if someone hurts themselves they fall over themselves to sue. Sometimes people really do need to take responsibility for their own actions. Nobody forced you to go to the match after all.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by beer monster View Post
    trains were cancelled because of a points failure nothing to to with the weather so stop over reacting
    Funny that because Shabba came out with exactly the same excuse

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Funny that because Shabba came out with exactly the same excuse

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I can't believe that some people who live in the city are complaining that they can't go to the matches because they couldn't drive.

I understand that some out in the sticks might need to use private transport, but to those within city limits - catch a sodding bus or train. I know the bus service has been affected but not that badly.

And people hiding behind met office warnings advising you to not leave your house? Fine if you live in the Borders or the deepest parts of West Lothian where it's really been bad, but on the whole travelling within Edinburgh is a cakewalk - bus, car or on foot.

If you choose not to go to the match because of the weather, that's your perogative - I won't judge you, it's your call. But the majority can make it in (derby crowd indicates this), so the games should go on.

Another wee rant, I understand why the clubs might call games off though - the new "compensation culture" now rife where if someone hurts themselves they fall over themselves to sue. Sometimes people really do need to take responsibility for their own actions. Nobody forced you to go to the match after all.
    I went to the derby last sunday, I drove in from East Lothian were the roads are in a shocking way including the A1 to my horror. Managed to eventually get to ER but it was 20/30mph all the way. The roads were very dangerous but even worse than that, so were some other drivers on the road who didn't have a clue how to handle a vehicle in those conditions.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beer monster View Post
    just been on the irvine meadow message board and none of them are worried about the roads they are just looking forward to the game.
    so are some hibs fans just wimps (i canny get there cos the big polis man told me not drive) get a grip if you can go then go if you can't then tough
    Jeez - does the world wide web now extend as far as Irvine?

Ain't technology a wonderful thing?

Better not cross the road a bus might run you over.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Come on now get a grip, a bit of snow and folk start acting like pusseys, 'its too cold, i might slip, cant get to work ....' Two world wars won and an empire wasn't built with sort of attitude was it
    The roads are fine if you drive slowly & carefully, I'm driving to the game from Lancashire....better set off now

@hibs.net private member JoeT_WasTheBest's Avatar
    How far away did you park?!

See if it is off and it's re-arranged for a Wednesday night will I be able to get a refund on my daughter's ticket? I won't be taking her to ER on a school-night in the middle of winter.
    No mate. Surely, as you posted earlier in the thread, you'd just have to 'make do'

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    The ***** ****** **** TV news has now started reporting every fatality that occurs in the "Deep Freeze". "42 year old man killed on the A1 when his BMW hit a lorry" "teenager killed on the A1 when a lorry hit him on the hard shoulder". THEREFORE you should not go out on the roads for another two weeks until the weather gets better. Sensationalist pish!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT_WasTheBest View Post
    No mate. Surely, as you posted earlier in the thread, you'd just have to 'make do'
    If the game's cancelled and moved to a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday night because we're afraid everyone's going to slip and die then I think I should have to option of getting my £8 back for her ticket. My point being there's no real reason for the game being off so why shouldn't I get the option of a refund. I'd probably use the money towards going to the cinema or pizza hut or go shopping - all of which will still be open on Saturday afternoon.

However if it's still "hell" out there and as horrendous/dreadful/horrific/treacherous as it is just now and the game's on I'll "make do" and park where I can.

First Team Breakthrough

there ain't nothing like a dane.....

Choosing a country similar to ours in terms of size, northerness, population etc. the Danish footie season stops mid december and kicks off again around beginning of March. Pushes the season forward at both ends - though still ends at the end of May, meaning that more footie is played when the weather, and pitches, are better.....and thats not even talking about the benefits for the fans. And this could kick on for the kids, the future of our game, who, with a simple shift, could play longer and on better conditions throughout most of the year, for the benefit of us all. Crowds, and standards in Denmark are up, and they are hardly the craziest about the game. They do however, have players in most of the major leagues and, oh yes, qualified for the World Cup. Winter Footie. Love it.

GAMES OFF

Active Nation Scottish Cup fourth round
    Albion v Stirling
    Ayr v Brechin
    Edinburgh City v Montrose
    Forfar v St Johnstone
    Inverness CT v Motherwell
    Kilmarnock v Falkirk
    Morton v Celtic
    Raith v Airdrie Utd
    Ross County v Inverurie Loco Works
    Livingston v Dundee

Irn-Bru Scottish Second Division
    Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

Irn-Bru Scottish Third Division
    Berwick v Stranraer
    East Stirling v Queens Park

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHibs View Post
    GAMES OFF

Active Nation Scottish Cup fourth round
    Albion v Stirling
    Ayr v Brechin
    Edinburgh City v Montrose
    Forfar v St Johnstone
    Inverness CT v Motherwell
    Kilmarnock v Falkirk
    Morton v Celtic
    Raith v Airdrie Utd
    Ross County v Inverurie Loco Works
    Livingston v Dundee

Irn-Bru Scottish Second Division
    Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

Irn-Bru Scottish Third Division
    Berwick v Stranraer
    East Stirling v Queens Park
    Most of them are fair enough - none of them have undersoil heating. There's no way that the games at Killie, ICT and Livi should be off though.

In the good old days Morton would've had some punters out clearing the pitch on the morning of the game and the game would go ahead with an orange ball. They're likely to lose revenue with the game being moved to a Tuesday night so you'd think they'd try to get it on.

Most of them are fair enough - none of them have undersoil heating. There's no way that the games at Killie, ICT and Livi should be off though.

In the good old days Morton would've had some punters out clearing the pitch on the morning of the game and the game would go ahead with an orange ball. They're likely to lose revenue with the game being moved to a Tuesday night so you'd think they'd try to get it on.
    Ridiculous that they can't play at Rugby Park. There have been a few brief snow flurries since 22nd Dec the problem seems to be ice on roads and footways. Get a few shovels out and clear them it really doesn't take long.

First Team Breakthrough

These were postponed after following police advice.

http://http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/s...42&newsID=5402

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy.1875 View Post
    These were postponed after following police advice.

http://http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/s...42&newsID=5402
    That’s my point – the pitches are fine but the games are still off! Are the police advising all the shops to shut in Killie and the Almondvale to close on Saturday as well?

That’s my point – the pitches are fine but the games are still off! Are the police advising all the shops to shut in Killie and the Almondvale to close on Saturday as well?
    A quarter of the shops are closed permanently with more to follow but that's another story.