hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kyle lafferty

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I am asking is for anyone to give me an example of a big decsion that went against Rangers in an Old Firm game.
    But that's not fair. Because you obviously watch every OF game, take notes and go throught the refereeing decisions with a fine toothcomb afterwards. Of course you're going to be able to come up with more incidents than Hibs fans, who generally don't really care which side of the orrible coin comes out on top.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    Again, you're speaking in riddles here. Obviously I'm not old enough.

Can you please explain?
    The clue is in the guys name. He refereed a game where Celtic beat Hearts with a late goal in 1987. Alex Mcdonald, said a free kick should have been awrded to Hearts and that Mark McGhee had fouled Craig Levein (he did'nt).

The basis of the rodents case was "with a name like Kevin O'Donnell he's obviously a Tim and not fit to be a referee".

The press took McDonald's side and Kevin O'Donnell was demoted, depsite having a good, solid record as a ref.

Have a good weekend. I'm oot ae here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    But that's not fair. Because you obviously watch every OF game, take notes and go throught the refereeing decisions with a fine toothcomb afterwards. Of course you're going to be able to come up with more incidents than Hibs fans, who generally don't really care which side of the orrible coin comes out on top.
    Fair enough. No worries. But when you ask the huns this tehy come out with a throw in in the 1989 cup final and an offside goal in 1995.

Thats it.

Left by mutual consent!
    If powers at be have issue with Celtic then it would be as important to give every other team those same decisions as you state Vs Rangers.

Whats point in only doing it in OF matches? and not even in every OF match which would be key to deny Celtic, its still 3pts no matter what game.

Rangers player gets off with a Red card and the next week your at home and get same decison against say us, whats the point?

@hibs.net private member
    All I am asking is for anyone to give me an example of a big decsion that went against Rangers in an Old Firm game. If anyone comes up with one. I will respond with three that have went against Celtic.
    JR, I don't care enough about Old Firm games to have this sort of knowledge......but I do know that Tony Mowbray and some Celtic performance seems to have done more to impact Celtic's league chances so far this year than any ref
    Last edited by bigwheel; 08-01-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    I suppose I have this view because the examples you've given are laughable. To still be going on about a bye-kick in 1989, someone not getting a free kick in '90 (where to be fair, your own players are at fault for not playing to the whistle - you learn that at schoolboy level), and for telling players who are ready to kick off to do so...

If that's the best you've got then your argument is shocking, IMHO.

Do you not remember the Hearts game in 1997 when the ref gave us a corner but on the left-hand side of the pitch instead of the right? It was a shocking decision as due to our weak corners from that side of the pitch it probably cost us the game. I for one will never forgive the ref for that day.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Do you not remember the Hearts game in 1997 when the ref gave us a corner but on the left-hand side of the pitch instead of the right? It was a shocking decision as due to our weak corners from that side of the pitch it probably cost us the game. I for one will never forgive the ref for that day.
    I remember cornergate very well.

Cheatin' bassa.

What about that time the ref looked at Pat McGinley funny in a game against Rangers? SFA GTF!!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

What I want to know, is why there's only bias against Celtc in the OF games.

Who remembers Neil Lennon avoiding a second yellow card after clashing with Scott Brown at Easter Road? Brown got a yellow, despite Lennon being the aggressor, with Lennon already on a yellow.

What on Earth is the point in the ref doing that, and giving hundreds upon hundreds of decisions in Celtc's favour over the years against smaller sides, if they're going to shaft them later on?

Is it selective bias? Is it the world's most illogical conspiracy?

Surely if the refs and the SFA were against Celtc, then they'd be ******ed every season?

A small group of referees and senior figures in the SFA. ALthough I don't think it is as bad.

Hwoever, the current refs have allowed the man with no surname, along with a compliant press, bully them to the point where they are terrified to make a decision against Rangers.
    You've now gone from paranoia to full blown delusion

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    All I am asking is for anyone to give me an example of a big decsion that went against Rangers in an Old Firm game. If anyone comes up with one. I will respond with three that have went against Celtic.

I've already said that Celtic DO get decsions against teams, more so at Celtic Park.

However when the league is tight (as it is this year - and with Rangers being on the brink - which they are) they are getting everything.

when they complained about the Nakamura soft free kick at Love Street in 2008, the ref was vilified beyond belief in the press. When we got a soft penalty against St mirren (2 mins after being denied a stone waller) in a tight game, at the start of the next season. Gordon Smith and George Peat never backed there refs - in fact they actually came out and said tehy must improve!!! Much to nodding of agreements by the usual suspects in the press.

Yet, Celtic complain about howling big decsions in big games - its the "honest mistake" line.

i'll leave you with the words of non other than Louis Va Gaal from 1996.

He went to watch us play the huns at ibrox, as Ajax were to play the huns in the Champions League. He was asked by a Scottish Journalist what he thought of the game and Rangers in particular. His answer was "I cannot form an accurate picture of how Rangers played as the referee was clearly biased in their favour.

This was their 9 in a row season, after a game where Wullie Young sent off Tosh McKinlay for one tackle on the half way line and a hand ball on the half way line and where Gough cleraly tripped DiCanio in the box.

Like I said, when Hibs come to celtic Park, we probably will get teh benefitof the doubt - but when it comes to big decions, which are glaringly wrong, especially in Old Firm games - us and der hun don't even come close.
    There's irony in there somewhere. So its ok when the ref cheats the wee teams, but when they cheat celtic in the important games, its a conspiracy.

Not read the thread but would like to add that Kyle Lafferty is utter pish, a cheat and that was a dreadful tackle against the schemies last weekend.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    What I want to know, is why there's only bias against Celtc in the OF games.

Who remembers Neil Lennon avoiding a second yellow card after clashing with Scott Brown at Easter Road? Brown got a yellow, despite Lennon being the aggressor, with Lennon already on a yellow.

What on Earth is the point in the ref doing that, and giving hundreds upon hundreds of decisions in Celtc's favour over the years against smaller sides, if they're going to shaft them later on?

Is it selective bias? Is it the world's most illogical conspiracy?

Surely if the refs and the SFA were against Celtc, then they'd be ******ed every season?
    You forgot to mention that Hibs led 2-0 at this time and looked as if a hammering was on the cards for the 'tic.

Lennon should have been off, it was a disgraceful, cowardly decision that let Celtic off the hook. They scored a deflected goal shortly afterwards and took a point in a 2-2 draw which they did not deserve.

Memory is dim, but it could have been Hugh Dallas?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    You forgot to mention that Hibs led 2-0 at this time and looked as if a hammering was on the cards for the 'tic.

Lennon should have been off, it was a disgraceful, cowardly decision that let Celtic off the hook. They scored a deflected goal shortly afterwards and took a point in a 2-2 draw which they did not deserve.

Think you're right, IIRC.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post

Mike McCurry I think. It was scandalous - I was in the East that day and no more than 15 yards from the Lennon/Brown incident. Still can't believe the ref bottled it so much.

That was the game when Boozy ripped Lennon a new ars£hole.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 08-01-2010 at 06:39 PM.