Please apend names below:

Me

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy® View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right who's taking part this year?
    Please apend names below:

Me
    Also who's willing to organise it this year or help organise it this year?

Names below.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I've done it the past 2 years in a row, and both have been their own successes - the first year, I organised everything myself, completing the challenge in memory of a friend who recently lost her life at the age of 20. Last year was a mass project, and has (probably) raised a lot of money for the cause.

Having started my PhD, being in the midst of planning a wedding, taking a vacation in July, I am going to decline the chance to take part again this year, despite how much fun was had last year. Organising it quite so early this year is probably a good idea though, as for all it was a very positive event, it was a shambles on occassion.

Best of luck.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I'm a maybe - depends on dates.

As always I'll help where I can.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Also who's willing to organise it this year or help organise it this year?

Names below.
    Count me in on both fronts

I'd be happy to play again. The only problem would be raising a similar level of money this year. Might be difficult to get money out of the same people two years in a row, but count me in anyway

Count me in i will help where i can

Hi guy's, sorry i've not been on since suggesting this again but I only got out of hospital on Tuesday night but at least now... CHEMO'S FINISHED!!!

In answer to Hibbyscotts post, we raised over £10,000 last year so I think to expect people to donate anywhere near that same sort of money would be madness. I think even half of that would be an achievement if truth be told after last years success.

Regarding dates, because of holidays and stuff last year, we obviously completed this a bit later in the year but this year I'd like to try and play it on, or closer to, the "longest day".

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me. Most of you who took part last year will have my mobile number and stuff anyway.

Thanks everyone for their interest so far.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Great news to hear your chemo is finished mate - hopefully it'll give you a break now!

July was far too late last year - at my first attempt, we done it in the 3rd week of June, and had daylight right up until after we'd come off the last course and gotten changed. You'd be best going for something like the 23-28th of June. If we raised at, or over the £10k mark, then we can all be very proud of our achievements indeed! That's a fantastic effort - perhaps we could release a post-event press note, albeit, it will be a little late now! I certainly think a post on the main forum would be well received, as there are a lot of people who supported us, and don't necessarily read this forum. I'll get on that in a sec.

Would you consider the same courses, or perhaps mix it up a little to keep it different from last year? The same courses may not be as willing to help out again this year, having done it last year (particularly those where there are no members). Possibly an idea not to finish with 2 of the longer courses in West Lothian this year also?

I'm guessing any assistance from the likes of Hibs/those who donated raffle/auction prizes will be quite dampened this year too, so perhaps best setting out a target from the off, and send off emails to local businesses, asking if there's anything they can donate - maybe even get a large-scale sponsor involved, such as The Elements centre at Livingston (new facility and would benefit from further advertisement?).

Anyway, just a few ideas.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Would definitely consider it again this year (dependant on dates fitting in with holidays etc.).. I have the same concerns as some others about raising similar amounts to last year so I believe we should set the target (quite a bit) lower this year.

The courses were OK last year (although a couple of them were possibly a bit long for short hitters like me!).. and I walked all four unlike some .. so possibly a shorter course.. (Ratho?? - assuming it's West Lothian again) would make the day a bit easier?

I know it all depends on the generosity of the courses giving out tee times, however would it possibly not be easier to stagger the start times so that different fourballs play alternate courses?.. might make it a bit easier to schedule? .. although it would be nice to all finish at the same course.

P.S. I aint paying for the Polo shirts this year though!

Quote Originally Posted by sg7nil View Post
    Would definitely consider it again this year (dependant on dates fitting in with holidays etc.).. I have the same concerns as some others about raising similar amounts to last year so I believe we should set the target (quite a bit) lower this year.

The courses were OK last year (although a couple of them were possibly a bit long for short hitters like me!).. and I walked all four unlike some .. so possibly a shorter course.. (Ratho?? - assuming it's West Lothian again) would make the day a bit easier?

I know it all depends on the generosity of the courses giving out tee times, however would it possibly not be easier to stagger the start times so that different fourballs play alternate courses?.. might make it a bit easier to schedule? .. although it would be nice to all finish at the same course.

P.S. I aint paying for the Polo shirts this year though!
    Funny you should mention Ratho as I met Ronnie before the game yesterday and Ronie had said about flatter, shorter courses and Ratho was one I'd thought about last year and was certainly one that was on the list for approaching this year and maybe finishing up at the small course at Dalmahoy. Obviously it's very dependant on the courses providing us tee times again, but Ronnie has contacts at Dalmahoy and the current captain of my golf club is a past captain of Ratho so I'm fairly hopefull.

As I said previously, I think the target should be much lower this year (maybe half) and I'll probably look to have various "commitees" this time ie a group in charge of finances, a group for arranging fundraisers (Ronnie), a group for contacting main sponsors (which we never really got round to last year due to time despite that being one thing we mentioned from the start) etc.

Re date's, again, as stated earlier, I'd be looking to do this Mid to late June at the latest rather than late July (last year). If anyone has any dates in particular they can't make, please just post them on this thread and we'll try to accomodate as best we can.

I am a member at turnhouse and my dad is about to come captain at next agm i am sure we could sort something there although is a hilly one. But a couple of the members played 100 holes in a day on it a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I am a member at turnhouse and my dad is about to come captain at next agm i am sure we could sort something there although is a hilly one. But a couple of the members played 100 holes in a day on it a couple of years back.
    Oooooh, check you

No, in all seriousness, that may come in handy actually. Turnhouse offered us the course last year but pulled it a few weeks before the event due to a "sponsors day". They did however eventually give us a fourball to auction off which was good of them.

I like Turnhouse and don't feel it's too hilly (someone last year suggested Lothianburn and Swanston as they were close to each other and nearly got a swift boot to the chuckies!!!) so i'll definately keep your offer in mind Gaz.

Does anyone have any dates that they can't make. I was thinking w/c 21/06. My thinking behind this was that schools break up (in West Lothian) on the 30th so IF Edinburgh is the same, people hopefully won't have to worry too much about childcare and also most people will probably be going on holiday once the schools do break up.

I have pre-booked the Hibs club for a sportsmans Breakfast fund raiser on Sunday 30th May [Monday Holiday ] to start the fund raising rolling, further details to follow

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    I have pre-booked the Hibs club for a sportsmans Breakfast fund raiser on Sunday 30th May [Monday Holiday ] to start the fund raising rolling, further details to follow
    Good stuff Ronnie, if it's anywhere near as good as the last one, it'll be another great day. Looking forward to that one already.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    would love to take part again boys cracking day last year and buzzing about another sportsmans breakfast last one was a beauty
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

So far, we have:

Me
    Hibsry
    Cocopops
    Gaz
    Mark (from Sky that played last year)
    Tony (as above)
    Mike (from HSBC, played last year)
    SG7nil
    Hibbyscott
    BroxburnHibee

I wouldn't want to go with anymore than 12 again this year as clubs might start to thing we're ripping the proverbial asking for 4 courtesy times.

Is everyone ok with w/c 21/06?

Thanks

that week is good with me

So far, we have:

Me
    Hibsry
    Cocopops
    Gaz
    Tony (as above)
    SG7nil
    Hibbyscott
    BroxburnHibee

I wouldn't want to go with anymore than 12 again this year as clubs might start to thing we're ripping the proverbial asking for 4 courtesy times.

Thanks
    apart from a Monday

begining of week would suit me best no later than thurs as got a wedding that weekend
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

apart from a Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    begining of week would suit me best no later than thurs as got a wedding that weekend
    So at the moment, Tuesday 22nd or Wednesday 23rd with the potential of Thursday at the latest (Colin)

Do we still have any auction prizes left from last years event which never went? [ The rules of golf ]

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Walking down the 18th at Dalmahoy I didnt think i'd be saying this but I'm in again this year.

W/c 21st of June would be fine for me, preferibly the 21st (22nd is my birthday so would probably be out that night!)

I think it would be better to put a sort of fundraising committe together or at least delagate everyone a role just after last year it was the same people left to do most of it.

I agree that it will be difficult to get money of the same people and companies so need to put our heads together for original fund raising ideas. I think as well the 2 events were not as sucessful as they could have been so really concentrating on the Breakfast this year that Ronnies organised would be the best idea.

Bank holiday the next day is also an added brucie bonus. Even more reasons to get drunk!

Don't know how we are doing for numbers but if we need another player a friend of mine was keen to get involved last year an would probably be again.

Ronne. The rules of golf are still about, I'm sure Houchys got them. Good idea to get it framed in time for the breakfast would probably help it sell.

Colin. You mentioned last year you had a contact at addias, could you work on them early doors.

Do we still have any auction prizes left from last years event which never went? [ The rules of golf ]
    I still have the rules of golf in my garage.

So far, we have:

Me
    Hibsry
    Cocopops
    Gaz
    Tony (as above)
    SG7nil
    Hibbyscott
    BroxburnHibee
    Godsahibby

Thanks
    Again, can I get confirmation from everyone that they can play w/c 21st as so far, I have only had confirmation from Ronnie, Colin and Gaz. Chris, Ronnie has already said that he can't play on the Monday and Colin would rather play Thursday at the latest so to accomodate you (not meaning it in an arsey way) it will probably need to be the Thursday meaning a whole day to recover from your birthday bash. Is that going to be cool?

I know it's only January, but those of you that took part last year will remember how quickly time flew and I would ideally like to be getting letters/emails off to the golf clubs by the end of January/beginning of Feb as I may need to go in for surgery mid Feb and would like to get most of this out the way before that.

W/C the 21st is currently OK for me, but as my shifts are likely to change I may find it's harder to get the day off nearer the time.

If we can confirm dates I should be able to get my holiday request in early (more chance I can do it then)

What was Chris saying about a bank holiday the next day? When is that due to happen???

Quote Originally Posted by sg7nil View Post
    W/C the 21st is currently OK for me, but as my shifts are likely to change I may find it's harder to get the day off nearer the time.

If we can confirm dates I should be able to get my holiday request in early (more chance I can do it then)

What was Chris saying about a bank holiday the next day? When is that due to happen???
    Ronnie has provisionally booked the Sportsmans Breakfast for Sunday 30th May with the Monday following being a bank holiday.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Don't worry about me if it can't be the Monday then i'm more than happy to make it the Tuesday or Wednesday.

aye can play thursday or indeed any day exept the fri aye mate at adidas could probably hook us up need a covering letter from them saying we can blag on their behalf

That week is fine for me Lawrence