hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I like that the board would rather sign a player and have them contracted to Hibs long term rather than a short term fix so Yogi can build a side for this year and years to come.

However if a player became available (i.e like a Murphy, Shiels, Boozy) for loan as he only has 6 months to a year left on their contract at a Premiership club and for whatever reason they have failed to make the break through to the first team. That is the kind of player I'd hope Hibs would be interested in taking with a view to a permanent deal.

That kind of thing would be good for Hibs, the player in question and the club he's arriving from.

By the way I've not heard anything about a player arriving just pointing out a positive way that the loan system can be used to our advantage.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://findarticles.com/p/news-artic.../ai_n34115541/

Were Hibs really close to that Chelsea link up or was it just all talk
    It was true but Chelsea only wanted to do it if the players they loaned us were guaranteed a start therefore Hibs quite rightly told them where to go.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Us talking about getting Wiltshire IMO is as bad as heart saying they are getting world cup stars!! Would love to be proved wrong.

He may have a contact at arsenal, but he has great ties with the north east especially Sunderland. As I understand we were going to sign another keeper before stack but they phoned and said don't.

BTW stack is a former arsenal player

Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    It was true but Chelsea only wanted to do it if the players they loaned us were guaranteed a start therefore Hibs quite rightly told them where to go.
    I also heard that the cross border loan system was a bit of a stumbling block, during the season players can move on loan from Premiership to Championship or lower league clubs month to month but I think if we were to have a player they can only move and be registered as players in the transfer windows.

I suppose it will be the same in Scotland, all pro's will be registered players with the SFA so if they move to another club the registration doesn't really change however if they were to move to a different country and football association they could only register during a transfer window.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crewetollhibee View Post
    Noticed that Rosicky hasn't looked the same since returning from injury, and could maybe benefit from a loan spell at another club.
    Injured, I believe.