hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Draw.

Wouldnt be to dissapointed if Der Hun got skelped tho

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular WarringtonHibee's Avatar
    I'd prefer a Utd win, I think it'd be less pressure on us if Dundee United can stay in contention too, until we win it. ;)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    There's not really a bad result for us in this game - Rangers lose, we drop a place but we're still in touch with everyone, a draw and nobody makes much ground on us, and a Rangers win keeps us in 3rd.

Out of the three though, I'd be happiest with a draw or a Utd win.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Let's hope the fall-out off the park - over the match price - spills onto the pitch and there are bodies lying everywhere.

Gotta love Thompson's touche comment at the bottom of this report - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/...td/8404360.stm

I'm going along for the hoot! Mon the ref!
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 10-12-2009 at 06:15 AM.

United are usually my second team but given their disgraceful stance on ticket prices hope they get agubbing this Tuesday. Pretty embarassing when they are morally shown up by Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's hope the fall-out off the park - over the match price - spills onto the pitch and there are bodies lying everywhere.

Gotta love Thompson's touche comment at the bottom of this report - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/...td/8404360.stm

I'm going along for the hoot! Mon the ref!
    That is an absolute stoater of a reply, Im liking the way he goes about his business

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker II View Post
    United are usually my second team but given their disgraceful stance on ticket prices hope they get agubbing this Tuesday. Pretty embarassing when they are morally shown up by Rangers.
    Yeah that's a good reason to want the Huns to win.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post

The only outcome that I think we don't want to see in this match is a Dundee Utd victory.
    Totally Wrong!

The more the huns get beat the better. If they are beat by us and Dundee Utd, and perhaps even sitting fourth come january then players like Bougherra will definitely be offski.

Coaching Staff
    So Utd should put themselves out of pocket due to the weather?

Joe Baker II in supporting the Old Firm shocker

1.5 games = 1.5 ticket prices .. seems spot-on to me Joe

We are jumping the gun a tad here, with a big game (for us they are all big right now) at Killie on Saturday.

It's the classic win-win situ. I'd go for a United win as a) they are more likely too be weaker after the year than the Hun, and b) I just hate hate the Huns and want them to lose every game except against the Jambos (where I want them to win by a sizeable margin and in style) and Celtic (where I want the most tedious and mind-numbing series of goalless draws with plenty bookings and sendings off.

But if the Huns win to cement us in third, or they draw, it'll hardly be reason to cry myself to sleep.

I would be happy with a draw, both of our rivals dropping two points. Could be invaluable at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Joe Baker II in supporting the Old Firm shocker
    zzzz - btwI suspect Rangers may have been no better had the situation been reversed. More fundamental point is that had it been Hibs in the same situation many Hibs fans would have been complaining but too many cannot see beyond blind hatred of particualr clubs as some of the responses above indicate. So for once hoping to see United humped by Rangers next week.

btw plenty of United fans condeming club over this, good quote here:

"I was angry before and Dundee Uniteds generic responses to the issue have only made me feel like my support is taken for granted. Some fools think that if you complain then you must be a Gers fan, however its us Arabs who will be more annoyed as its our own club fleecing us.

Fans who turned up in the pouring rain are asked to pay 50% more, yet people who didn't attend the game can get in for 50% less. And if you can't attend, too bad, United won't even offer as much as a partial refund for this, their "best" solution.

United drone on about their costs, well last I checked they didn't have to pay for Police for the full 90 minutes, or Ambulance, or stewards or even electric, yet have kept the full amount paid.

Im an Arab and always will be, yet the way this has been handled is a disgrace. I could never imagine Eddie Thompson or Jim Mclean treating us in such a way, and im sure Eddie would be thoroughly ashamed of his sons attempt to milk the fans.

Im amazed at how short sighted United are being as well. For the sake of £12, they will lose a great deal more through the season, and perhaps the years. I will certainly never attend a game where the when the weather is a bit drab, because if something happens ill be out of pocket. So, money lost for United there, I also know several people who have refused to go to a game until their money is refunded. And seeing as I barely heard a peep from Tanadice during the St Mirren game, something tells me they aren't the only ones.

So, in the short term, im sure the Gers game will be a sell out, made up of fans who didn't go first time around. Long term though, when the frost comes and the stadium is well under half full, they'll regret taking advantage of their fans.

Anyway, support the club and not the caretakers, I say, that's the only thing that stops me getting riled up lol."

Coaching Staff
    zzzz - btwI suspect Rangers may have been no better had the situation been reversed. More fundamental point is that had it been Hibs in the same situation many Hibs fans would have been complaining but too many cannot see beyond blind hatred of particualr clubs as some of the responses above indicate. So for once hoping to see United humped by Rangers next week.

btw plenty of United fans condeming club over this, good quote here:

"I was angry before and Dundee Uniteds generic responses to the issue have only made me feel like my support is taken for granted. Some fools think that if you complain then you must be a Gers fan, however its us Arabs who will be more annoyed as its our own club fleecing us.

Fans who turned up in the pouring rain are asked to pay 50% more, yet people who didn't attend the game can get in for 50% less. And if you can't attend, too bad, United won't even offer as much as a partial refund for this, their "best" solution.

United drone on about their costs, well last I checked they didn't have to pay for Police for the full 90 minutes, or Ambulance, or stewards or even electric, yet have kept the full amount paid.

Im an Arab and always will be, yet the way this has been handled is a disgrace. I could never imagine Eddie Thompson or Jim Mclean treating us in such a way, and im sure Eddie would be thoroughly ashamed of his sons attempt to milk the fans.

Im amazed at how short sighted United are being as well. For the sake of £12, they will lose a great deal more through the season, and perhaps the years. I will certainly never attend a game where the when the weather is a bit drab, because if something happens ill be out of pocket. So, money lost for United there, I also know several people who have refused to go to a game until their money is refunded. And seeing as I barely heard a peep from Tanadice during the St Mirren game, something tells me they aren't the only ones.

So, in the short term, im sure the Gers game will be a sell out, made up of fans who didn't go first time around. Long term though, when the frost comes and the stadium is well under half full, they'll regret taking advantage of their fans.

Anyway, support the club and not the caretakers, I say, that's the only thing that stops me getting riled up lol."

I disagree about having a different view if it was Hibs.

I for one wouldn't expect the club to have to be out of pocket due to a weather situation.

So what if I had to pay half to get back in, surely we'd still want the club to be able to meet its payments as in the end its us that suffers anyway if the club has less cash, it's not like anyone is pocketing it.

Have Rangers offered to meet any of the shortfall or are they expecting their opponents to take the hit?

Never again attending a game if the weather is a bit drab as they may end up out of pocket? Taking advantage of fans?

Late entry for the drama queen of the year award!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Of course EwHun CamerHun is firmly on Martin Bains side and thinks United are totally in the wrong.

Thing is, if it were the other way around I'm willing to bet my life on the fact Bain would be charging United fans full price, rather than even giving a 50% discount.

All this from the guy who is quite happy to see a 5% levy imposed on his own fans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I disagree about having a different view if it was Hibs.

I for one wouldn't expect the club to have to be out of pocket due to a weather situation.
    Other businesses lose out in bad weather and do not neccesarily respond by ripping off their customers.

For once United (to give them some credit here) have actually quoted a figure for "additional security costs" of £23,000. Given this pretty minimal figure sounds about right, and they are charging £12 (Rangers fans who do go will probably cover the £23k alone despite any boycott) and DUFC are getting Sky coverage too, it well deomonstrates how out of order United are and why they deserve a humping next week.

I do agree with Todd that Huns may have been no better in opposite position (and suspect United would not have helped meet any shortfall either) and the 5% charge being out of order, but that does not mean United should not be spared contempt when they are in the wrong.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Other businesses lose out in bad weather and do not neccesarily respond by ripping off their customers.

For once United (to give them some credit here) have actually quoted a figure for "additional security costs" of £23,000. Given this pretty minimal figure sounds about right, and they are charging £12 (Rangers fans who do go will probably cover the £23k alone despite any boycott) and DUFC are getting Sky coverage too, it well deomonstrates how out of order United are and why they deserve a humping next week.

I do agree with Todd that Huns may have been no better in opposite position (and suspect United would not have helped meet any shortfall either) and the 5% charge being out of order, but that does not mean United should not be spared contempt when they are in the wrong.
    I see where you're coming from but the hypocrisy of Bain added to the fact that the sight of him makes my skin crawl means I just can't agree with him. Ever.

Coaching Staff

You'll need to explain what amounts to a rip-off? Watching 1 1/2 games for 1 1/2 cost? The first match did take place for a half, facilities were used, people performed their work.

I actually think most fans would feel that their club isn't like any other business, it is you who is directly affected by whether they are out of pocket or not. It's not being pocketed, it is money going to help the club.

I note that if they make any profit from the whole thing its going to charity. Seems reasonable to me. I'm just suggesting that overall costs should be covered and any usual profit should be made, not additional profit for covering 1 1/2 games.

I note that if they make any profit from the whole thing its going to charity. Seems reasonable to me. I'm just suggesting that overall costs should be covered and any usual profit should be made, not additional profit for covering 1 1/2 games.
    This is more lying from Thompson, he originally stated there would be no profit made from this game, now he is admitting there may be a profit and is backtracking to try and deflect criticism. What an embarassment, could not have seen his father acting the same way.

As you say many fans accept being ripped off by their own and other clubs, that does not make it right.

Coaching Staff
    This is more lying from Thompson, he originally stated there would be no profit made from this game, now he is admitting there may be a profit and is backtracking to try and deflect criticism. What an embarassment, could not have seen his father acting the same way.

As you say many fans accept being ripped off by their own and other clubs, that does not make it right.
    Perhaps he is not really expecting, or did not make projections to make profit but he is conceding that it may happen and that it will go to charity if that is the case?

I don't really see the need to demonise someone who in difficult financial times is ensuring his club don't lose money for a situation they had no control over.

If the fans feel paying 1 1/2 times for 1 1/2 games is not fair then they shouldn't go.

If this was Hibs I'd be quite happy to esnure that they didn't lose out. It all works out the same way, the club would just need to put something else up later on to make up for the loss. Directors aren't pocketing the cash.

Huge drama with a lot of stong language being used over practically nothing.

Perhaps he is not really expecting, or did not make projections to make profit but he is conceding that it may happen and that it will go to charity if that is the case?

I don't really see the need to demonise someone who in difficult financial times is ensuring his club don't lose money for a situation they had no control over.

If the fans feel paying 1 1/2 times for 1 1/2 games is not fair then they shouldn't go.

If this was Hibs I'd be quite happy to esnure that they didn't lose out. It all works out the same way, the club would just need to put something else up later on to make up for the loss. Directors aren't pocketing the cash.

Huge drama with a lot of stong language being used over practically nothing.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Am I alone in thinking the Huns wouldn't be having this wonderful boycott and taking this marvellously moral stance if a) their team wasn't utter pish and b) there wasn't a better than even chance of them getting horsed on Tuesday?

@hibs.net private member
    So Utd should put themselves out of pocket due to the weather?
    Nah they should just claim their insurance policy.