hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

1. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    I can see him in the Vladcave now: "if this guy is annoyed I've maybe gone too far, Mini-me get me the file on the world cup players now!"
    Yup, Vlad is probably in awe of his searing insight. How on earth has this Yam managed to see through his meticulously-planned scam?

Ah well, at least they're not all this clever.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    It's just not funny any more. In a way it's like laughing at a child who has just found out that Santa is doesn't exist. Yet they still keep sending their letters up the chimney.

Dreamers.

'Course it is, FR.

It's hilarious. Some of them STILL reckon Vlad'll come good eventually.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    From Gary Mackay's insightful Foreign Affairs blog;

"There are ever-increasing rumours around the Middle East that the invasion of Iraq might not have been an overwhelming success."
    Yes. I was speaking with Gary Mackay just the other day, as the conversation rumbled on, he let me in on the little known fact; that bears 5hit in the woods.

Clever guy that.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Yes. I was speaking with Gary Mackay just the other day, as the conversation rumbled on, he let me in on the little known fact; that bears 5hit in the woods.

Clever guy that.
    He was saying the other day that Pope may have a problem joining the Orange Lodge. Where does he get all this information!

(This thread could rival the Blame Rod Petrie one.)

I understand that Gary has just heard about some Wall being built in Berlin and he's very upset at the American President being assassinated.

He was saying the other day that Pope may have a problem joining the Orange Lodge. Where does he get all this information!

(This thread could rival the Blame Rod Petrie one.)

This oracle of information is not available to mere mortals, much less Hobos, but it also gave Mr McKay the nugget of information that Roman Polanski may not be entirely well received on US soil and that George W Bush only just failed his MENSA entrance exam, and only then for spelling his own name wrong

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I understand that Gary has just heard about some Wall being built in Berlin and he's very upset at the American President being assassinated.
    Who wouldn't be, Gary shows he has the common touch with his down home wisdom. Apparently he's none too happy about the tram situation, he doesn't know how people will get to work if they stop running them.

I actually know Gary pretty well. In a recent chat he was warning me that there is every chance that the Titanic may strike an iceberg and sink.

Given how wise Gary is, I headed straight for the nearest Ladbrokes and tried to put a bet on that happening....but the guy behind the counter looked at me strangely, laughed and refused to take my bet.

He is a wise man is Gary likes.

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Someones just told Gary he's won no medals yet, but he's saying surly the League Title and Scottish Cups in the bag?

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    I actually know Gary pretty well. In a recent chat he was warning me that there is every chance that the Titanic may strike an iceberg and sink.

Given how wise Gary is, I headed straight for the nearest Ladbrokes and tried to put a bet on that happening....but the guy behind the counter looked at me strangely, laughed and refused to take my bet.

He is a wise man is Gary likes.
    I'd be worried if I was on the Lusitania as well, and the Bismarck's life expectancy isn't looking too hot either.

So says Sea Captain McKay, and he was wearing a submarine commander's hat at the time, and who can say "no"* to someone in such apparel??

* = Apart from Dundee and Dunfermline obviously

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    He admired the fact that the President chewed every piece of his food thirty six times, without any of it falling out of his mouth in that time. I think Gary was hoping to learn how to do that himself (not the counting up to thirty six, which even he realised would be beyond him, but the keeping the trap shut for such a long period).

If he thinks Lincoln's assassination was bad, wait till he hears about Kennedy!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

Clever guy that.

Not so fast, there, young man.

Brown bears, black bears and grizzly bears do indeed defecate in forested wilderness areas, but POLAR BEARS do not. Leave a nice selection of tasty scraps in your wheelie-bin, and ursus arctus maritimus will happily crap on your doorstep.

Brown, black and grizzly bears do indeed **** in the woods in summer-time, but in winter, while hibernating, they neither crap nor pee.

And giant pandas, who are also bears, live among the bamboo groves, but bamboo groves aren't woods. Bamboo is a type of grass.

Just so's we all know exactly what we're talking about...

PS: I have no information at all regarding the toilet habits of the present Bishop of Rome....

PPS: A panda goes into a bar.

Two of the customers are having a raging argument.

"Pandas are bears!" says the first.

"They're raccoons!" says the second.

"Bears!"

"Raccoons!"

"Bears!"

"Raccoons!"

"Bears!"

"Raccoons!"

"BEARS!"

"RACCOONS!"

Then they see the panda, leaning on the bar, having a quiet drink.

"You're just the guy we need," says the first guy. "Tell me, are you a bear, or are you some kind of great big raccoon?"

The panda thinks for a moment....

.... and another moment....

.... and ANOTHER moment....

.... and says....

"It's hard to say. These things are never black and white...."

Last edited by --------; 08-12-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gary says that one day it will not be OK to make monkey noises at black players, and that they may even be given their freedom.

This can't be right can it? It's PC gone mad!!!!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Not so fast, there, young man.

Brown bears, black bears and grizzly bears do indeed defecate in forested wilderness areas, but POLAR BEARS do not. Leave a nice selection of tasty scraps in your wheelie-bin, and ursus arctus maritimus will happily crap on your doorstep.

Brown, black and grizzly bears do indeed **** in the woods in summer-time, but in winter, while hibernating, they neither crap nor pee.

And giant pandas, who are also bears, live among the bamboo groves, but bamboo groves aren't woods. Bamboo is a type of grass.

Just so's we all know exactly what we're talking about...

PS: I have no information at all regarding the toilet habits of the present Bishop of Rome....
    Does a yam **** in a public loo?

I heard they use them for other things.

@hibs.net private member
    He`s also been advising the French to hold onto their francs, the Germans the deutschemark, the Italians the lira etc etc - doesn`t believe in a single european currency

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    does a yam **** in a public loo?

I heard they use them for other things.
    wee airdrie jambo is unwell!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This oracle of information is not available to mere mortals, much less Hobos, but it also gave Mr McKay the nugget of information that Roman Polanski may not be entirely well received on US soil and that George W Bush only just failed his MENSA entrance exam, and only then for spelling his own name wrong
    To be fair, most americans would have a problem spelling MacKay. Gary was saying that there is every chance they could break away from the old country one of these days.

Nostradamus, that's what the fellow is, a modern day Nostradamus.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    wee airdrie jambo is unwell!
    Somebody should have explained to him what those rubbery things were for. The females were obviously too young to explain it to him.

During a recent episode of Time Team, where they were investigating some very strange things that were strangely in need of Tony Robinson underneath an unamed public house down in Gorgie, a strange manuscript was uncovered, written what looked very like one of those old school jotters, in a hand almost unreadable and undecipherable to the modern man, perhaps written in his own excrement, it has finally been translated to say the following by the exotic languages department at Jewel & Esk, written by a gentleman who is now known, by his one fan, as the Bard o'Gorgie....

"Aye, Gar-e Mahkeye, doth proclaim (dammit, canny use yon word), err, foretell thee of thy following, uhm, things:

A man shall commeth, he o the pie stall (ah like mine wie gravy by the way), an lo and behold, he shaleth doest wonders, and lo, thon legendary Petric will play wi thy Kneel McCann, an all will be well....

Yet, there willest be a man, a stranger foreign gentleman who commeth westward but who hail in yon eastern land of Liths, whoest thon jambo's shall worship and doth their ruskie hats too, a man who hath travell'd from afar, a man who hath travell'd magically beneath yon waves oh the baltic sea in a great metal sea beast, a man who willeth maketh thon jambo peolpe happier than a peg selling hobo at a washing line convention, and he shall bring forth yon Cesnauskis and a man who is Burly and another man who is fond of the children and and many men who speaketh in fork tongue and the great Larry Grayson, and a shortly man who willeth stand on another man's foot and he shalleth spend thon money and shall build a gigantic temple to the Lord Foulkes, and all shalleth be good..."

Believe....

For some reason the letters "lie" of "Believe" are written in blood...and this is all that could be translated out of the ancient inscriptions....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    During a recent episode of Time Team, where they were investigating some very strange things that were strangely in need of Tony Robinson underneath an unamed public house down in Gorgie, a strange manuscript was uncovered, written what looked very like one of those old school jotters, in a hand almost unreadable and undecipherable to the modern man, perhaps written in his own excrement, it has finally been translated to say the following by the exotic languages department at Jewel & Esk, written by a gentleman who is now known, by his one fan, as the Bard o'Gorgie....

"Aye, Gar-e Mahkeye, doth proclaim (dammit, canny use yon word), err, foretell thee of thy following, uhm, things:

A man shall commeth, he o the pie stall (ah like mine wie gravy by the way), an lo and behold, he shaleth doest wonders, and lo, thon legendary Petric will play wi thy Kneel McCann, an all will be well....

Yet, there willest be a man, a stranger foreign gentleman who commeth westward but who hail in yon eastern land of Liths, whoest thon jambo's shall worship and doth their ruskie hats too, a man who hath travell'd from afar, a man who hath travell'd magically beneath yon waves oh the baltic sea in a great metal sea beast, a man who willeth maketh thon jambo peolpe happier than a peg selling hobo at a washing line convention, and he shall bring forth yon Cesnauskis and a man who is Burly and another man who is fond of the children and and many men who speaketh in fork tongue and the great Larry Grayson, and a shortly man who willeth stand on another man's foot and he shalleth spend thon money and shall build a gigantic temple to the Lord Foulkes, and all shalleth be good..."

Believe....

For some reason the letters "lie" of "Believe" are written in blood...and this is all that could be translated out of the ancient inscriptions....
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon1875 View Post
    Ukio not looking to good either. For some reason the share price rose in September but has been dropping since.

http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/marke...tab=historical

Never rains but pours for some folk
    A very interesting read, particularly when browsing the tabs!

Took this excerpt from the end tab:

"Background Information

Ukio Bankas is the oldest private commercial bank providing universal banking services to a wide customer network covering the largest and economically the most vital regions of Lithuania. Its representative offices are opened in Kiev (Ukraine) and Almaty (Kazakhstan).
    The purpose of the bank is to provide qualified classic and modern financial services to its clients and be their business consultant and partner. Ukio Bankas adheres to the modern banking traditions based on fair competition and transparent activity."

Sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Thread over on Kickback about Vlad lording it up as his Kaunus basketball team beat CSKA of Moscow. Mixing with the great and the good is where Vlad wants to be. It don't matter if its through Basketball, football or business.

What's the chances of him turning HOMOFC into a basketball club and making them a feeder-team for Zalgris.

Fair exchange most Lithuanians would say.
    Can you get 'Hoof basketball?'

to quote a song thats doing the rounds(apologies if mentioned before but ive been away visiting mickey mouse for a few days,the real one that is not to the pbs)

my hearts are bankrupt
    my hearts are bankrupt
    borrow,borrow,borrow,borrow

my hearts are banrupt
    my hearts are bankrupt
    sorrow,sorrow,sorrow,sorrow

What a revelation from gary eh.Just as well he has his finger on the pulse.The one man who knows best of all is well out of it and thats charlie mann whose back at radio scotland.He probably knows best of all whats happening there but either wont or cant say due to a confidentiality clause they all seem to have to sign when they escape from stalag pbs.They really do live on a different planet and you cant feel any sympathy or them when they are so deluded about their team and are totally detached from reality.
    There do realise generally they are goosed but seem to think its better to run away from it and pretend than to face what is coming sooner or later.Im so glad i support hibs and can see reality and face it.Now lets have a wee look at the league tables.yep still third and i see were 15 points ahead of the team in seventh.Cant see the the so called big team anywhere in the top half,surely a mistake there,must be another one of their conspiracies.But of course they play the new style of football with 6 midfielders and no strikers which of course means loads of goals.they have scored the huge amount of 13.Surely thats not right either.Fantasy against reality.They just get a wee bit blurred down tynecastle way.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Gary says that one day it will not be OK to make monkey noises at black players, and that they may even be given their freedom.

This can't be right can it? It's PC gone mad!!!!
    surely not the same Gary Mackay
    Attached Images Attached Images

We've been saying that they are going to go bust for a few years now and it's still somehow not happened. The thing is thank god that they've stuck around to bring us so many laughs.

Long live the Hearts, the joke team of world football.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    surely not the same Gary Mackay
    I wouldn't have thought so, I heard that he really really disagrees with racism. Gary was saying just the other day on CBBC that people who know about these sort of things, are a bit concerned about this Hitler chap, and we should maybe keep a closer eye on the situation in the German midfield.

A wise and insightful man, that's Gary MacKay.

Hearts are ****ed.

ENDOF