hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackieboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this has nothing to do with this thread but could someone put me out my misery and explain why hertz are called the yams have googled it and cant find any answers.
    http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=139386

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_in_munich View Post
    There are some of those going about, Paul, but there are many more playing Junior because there is more money in it for them.

There are plenty of Junior clubs with more financial muscle than some of the lower tier Senior clubs.
    Then it begs the question of why are the SFA allowing junior teams, that have no ambition whatsoever to move into the Scottish League set up, entry into the Scottish Cup at the expense of affiliated members? An away tie could allow a Cowdenbeath or Alloa to fund their youth set up for a number of years but it's now going to be pisssed up against a wall by some non entity junior player who couldn't hack it in the big leagues.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Then it begs the question of why are the SFA allowing junior teams, that have no ambition whatsoever to move into the Scottish League set up, entry into the Scottish Cup at the expense of affiliated members? An away tie could allow a Cowdenbeath or Alloa to fund their youth set up for a number of years but it's now going to be pisssed up against a wall by some non entity junior player who couldn't hack it in the big leagues.
    Don't know about anyone else, but I think it adds a wee something to the Scottish Cup as a competition. Interesting to see how the likes of Meadow do against Senior teams. A tie like this one surely adds a bit of intrigue to the competition?

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    Don't know about anyone else, but I think it adds a wee something to the Scottish Cup as a competition. Interesting to see how the likes of Meadow do against Senior teams. A tie like this one surely adds a bit of intrigue to the competition?
    Intrigue yes but not at the expense of our other senior clubs. If the Juniors really want to be part of the Scottish FA then let then become member clubs and let's get a proper pyramid system in...the ones that still want to be big clubs in a tiny pond can stay with the SJFA but let's not give them access into the Scottish Cup.

Intrigue yes but not at the expense of our other senior clubs. If the Juniors really want to be part of the Scottish FA then let then become member clubs and let's get a proper pyramid system in...the ones that still want to be big clubs in a tiny pond can stay with the SJFA but let's not give them access into the Scottish Cup.
    Interesting. I'm all for a pyramid system (as I've stated many times before), but surely this recent development to invite one Junior side into the Scottish Cup is simply a step in the right direction.

At least we have Junior clubs competing with Senior clubs in meaningful competition now.

As for being 'at the expense' of a Cowdenbeath or Montrose, it works both ways as far as I can see. If they draw a big Junior side in the cup, then surely they're going to get a bigger crowd (and hence higher gate receipts) than they would if they were drawn against a Second or Third Division team?

First Team Breakthrough

becaus ethey wouldnt have that financial muscle if they were in the leagues. too many exenpenses being a senior team with regulations, floodlights n that as well as travelling away to the like of peterhead etc regularly.

also, the crowds would no doubt go down. i go to the odd junior game bacause it is junior and not senior. wouldnt go if they were senior. plus teams like that will have some OF supporters who also watch juniors.

theyd also lose out on the junior cup which is a very well supported competition for juniors. (or emirates cup, sounds a lot better than active nations cup)

wish all these pyramid demands would stop, idealistic n pointless. nice one wi them being in the scottish tho!
    Last edited by libernian; 08-12-2009 at 12:47 PM.

First Team Breakthrough

1. but they're gash and wouldnae bring a crowd

Quote Originally Posted by libernian View Post
    becaus ethey wouldnt have that financial muscle if they were in the leagues. too many exenpenses being a senior team with regulations, floodlights n that as well as travelling away to the like of peterhead etc regularly.

also, the crowds would no doubt go down. i go to the odd junior game bacause it is junior and not senior. wouldnt go if they were senior. plus teams like that will have some OF supporters who also watch juniors.

theyd also lose out on the junior cup which is a very well supported competition for juniors. (or emirates cup, sounds a lot better than active nations cup)

wish all these pyramid demands would stop, idealistic n pointless. nice one wi them being in the scottish tho!
    Interesting points of view here as well.

How would you see a pyramid system which, when it reached lower levels, relaxed the laws on floodlights and other costly outlays and went to a regional system?

e.g.

Top league of 16/18 clubs
    Second top league of 16/18 clubs
    Regional leagues which feed into second top league

Not sure why you wouldn't go "because it's senior?" Why would the old firm fans that go now stop going if their 'second' club became part of a wider setup? Is this a glory hunting argument?

And what's wrong with turning the Emirates Cup into a bigger version of the Challenge Cup that is at present?

Is it simply the 'big fish in a small pond' argument again?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    Interesting points of view here as well.

How would you see a pyramid system which, when it reached lower levels, relaxed the laws on floodlights and other costly outlays and went to a regional system?

e.g.

Top league of 16/18 clubs
    Second top league of 16/18 clubs
    Regional leagues which feed into second top league

Not sure why you wouldn't go "because it's senior?" Why would the old firm fans that go now stop going if their 'second' club became part of a wider setup? Is this a glory hunting argument?

And what's wrong with turning the Emirates Cup into a bigger version of the Challenge Cup that is at present?

Is it simply the 'big fish in a small pond' argument again?
    wouldnt go if it was senior because they would be in the same league structure as hibs, therefore competitng against hibs if you know what i mean. juniors isnt involved - totally different governing bodies n stuff. like the whole idea of it being seperate, but scottish cup should be open to all.

plus, the thrid division can be quite expensive, the juniors is a fiver usually. cant really put my finger on it, just somethin cool bout it! diff atmosphere.

bout the challenge cup thing, think thats a good idea. but wouldnt want to see junior cup replaced. because the junior cup is a better n more prestigious competition than the challenge cup with history, attendances etc. but, would be cool if some of the regional cups replaced but its up to the club n the guys who run the things i suppose.

(like i say i only go to the odd junior game, no expert! maybe get a meadow fan could give their thoughts)
    Last edited by libernian; 08-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Has the date and time of this been confirmed yet? Nothing on the Hibs site stating that the match v IM is on Saturday 9th January at 3pm.
    Edinburgh City are playing Montrose at Meadowbank at the same time on the same day!
    Do you think that the Police will allow 2 games on at the same time (Not suggesting that there will be trouble).
    It would be nice for Edinburgh City if their game was moved as it may help them get a better crwod!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Has the date and time of this been confirmed yet? Nothing on the Hibs site stating that the match v IM is on Saturday 9th January at 3pm.
    Edinburgh City are playing Montrose at Meadowbank at the same time on the same day!
    Do you think that the Police will allow 2 games on at the same time (Not suggesting that there will be trouble).
    It would be nice for Edinburgh City if their game was moved as it may help them get a better crwod!
    the day we played falkirk were edinburgh city not at meadowbank on the same day then?

£15 for Adults and £8 for Conscessions.

What sort of attendance should we expect?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is Tracking Irvine Meadow a follow up to Leaving Las Vegas?

I really think we should be told.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria1875 View Post
    the day we played falkirk were edinburgh city not at meadowbank on the same day then?
    Yes. L&B have allowed cup ties to be played at the PBS and Easter Road at the same time in recent years, eg first round in 2008 (Hibs v Inverness and Hearts v Motherwell).

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    Is that Father Ted???

Bishop Brennan ("Len") would always call Ted by his surname.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post

Bishop Brennan ("Len") would always call Ted by his surname.
    It was an ecumenical matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys89 View Post
    £15 for Adults and £8 for Conscessions.

What sort of attendance should we expect?
    Well below what could have been acheived had we priced it at say £10/£12 or £5 for concessions.

I know HFC have to agree it with the Meadow but if I was a walk up fan or one without a cup top up I would be giving this a miss