hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maka

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you even read my post.
    What an idiot I am!

I should have highlighted the bit from the quote from you that I DID READ which I was responding to!

You made two points you scamp you!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    What an idiot I am!

I should have highlighted the bit from the quote from you that I DID READ which I was responding to!

You made two points you scamp you!
    I take it you were replying to the last part of my post about some people finding something wrong with his performance?

It's not because I thought there was something wrong with his performance, as I thought it was flawless. I said that, because some posters on here like to bash a player, regardless of how well they play.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    I said that, because some posters on here like to bash a player, regardless of how well they play.
    Fair point - Stack's a good example of that.

Anyway well done the goalie - he was excellent in the 1st half, not much to do in the 2nd. I hope he plays like that everytime he plays - looked like he had taken on board what Yogi had to say to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBamba View Post
    Unfortunately I could only listen to the game on the radio but before the game had even started they were making out as if it was a disaster i was getting so p*ssed off listening to it! wonder if anyone knows who was making these comments?
    It seems to me that these 'pundits' have all jumped on the media generated bandwagon regarding Hibs having iffy goalkeepers. I accept we've had a few (Brown, Malkowski etc) but the stick they give Maka is at best unprofessional and at worst (are you reading this Alan 'Dickhead' Preston) downright vindictive.

I'm also a tad confused with the 'he didn't have a lot to do today' comments Agreed he could have gone for a bovril during the second half but in the first he had to deal with numerous crosses into the box and he did so extremely well. One guy near me was screaming 'catch it ya huddy' but in truth an attempted catch with the pace on some of those crosses could have led to a crucial error. His punches were all performed to good effect and though the header he brilliantly pushed over the bar will have his doubters saying it was straight at him he still had to have the reflexes and strength to deal with it the way he did
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    It seems to me that these 'pundits' have all jumped on the media generated bandwagon regarding Hibs having iffy goalkeepers. I accept we've had a few (Brown, Malkowski etc) but the stick they give Maka is at best unprofessional and at worst (are you reading this Alan 'Dickhead' Preston) downright vindictive.

I'm also a tad confused with the 'he didn't have a lot to do today' comments Agreed he could have gone for a bovril during the second half but in the first he had to deal with numerous crosses into the box and he did so extremely well. One guy near me was screaming 'catch it ya huddy' but in truth an attempted catch with the pace on some of those crosses could have led to a crucial error. His punches were all performed to good effect and though the header he brilliantly pushed over the bar will have his doubters saying it was straight at him he still had to have the reflexes and strength to deal with it the way he did
    Spot on!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Ten posts now and all very complimentary towards Maka today. Well done to the lad!

Could the admins now lock this thread down before we get drawn into another ten page repeat of last week's epic debate on the merits, skin-colour etc etc of our two main keepers?

Cheers!
    If you are trying to suggest that some hibs.net posters don't like Maka playing for Hibs because of his skin colour, then you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

The press sponsored witch hunt against Maka worked in our favour today.

Motherwell fell for it 100% and rather than having a strategy to try to attack any of the corners they took, or to play anything clever, they seemed to be content to launch them right at Maka and wait for the "inevitable" error.

That was their only game plan it seemed...as other than that, they were without any ideas or invention.

Quote Originally Posted by Disc O'Dave View Post
    The press sponsored witch hunt against Maka worked in our favour today.

Motherwell fell for it 100% and rather than having a strategy to try to attack any of the corners they took, or to play anything clever, they seemed to be content to launch them right at Maka and wait for the "inevitable" error.

That was their only game plan it seemed...as other than that, they were without any ideas or invention.
    Motherwell didn't create much, but I think a lot of that was due to how hard we worked off the ball. We were on them all the time and it made it hard for a side who like to pass to get any momentum going.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If you are trying to suggest that some hibs.net posters don't like Maka playing for Hibs because of his skin colour, then you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.
    Here we go again ...........................................
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Here we go again ...........................................

On that performance today, I hope Maka keeps the jersey til the end of the season [Cup Final???] cos the only way he should lose it is if he makes a rickett. As much as people can froth about wonder saves what was most impressive today was his concentration level. Never caught cold. Absolutely top drawer performance , and Stack may well be thinking WTF am I doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    On that performance today, I hope Maka keeps the jersey til the end of the season [Cup Final???] cos the only way he should lose it is if he makes a rickett. As much as people can froth about wonder saves what was most impressive today was his concentration level. Never caught cold. Absolutely top drawer performance , and Stack may well be thinking WTF am I doing here.
    He had a good game. Looked to be in a bad mood

Ive said in other threads that he was very assured today.

Petr Cech

Just watching MOTD!

What a clown that Petr Cech is don't y'all think?!

Couple of complete howlers so he must be?!

Hang on, his team-mates sorted out the problem so no goals from the mistakes!

@hibs.net private member
    Just watching MOTD!

What a clown that Petr Cech is don't y'all think?!

Couple of complete howlers so he must be?!

Hang on, his team-mates sorted out the problem so no goals from the mistakes!

I thought he should've done better with Tevez's free-kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Agreed but he's human like us all!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Stack would have saved that, not sure if Maka would have though. He has previous in setting his wall up wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    Agreed but he's human like us all!
    It'll only become an issue if it starts happening regularly.

We have two very contrasting keepers.

Stack is pretty dependable and solid but lacks presence and stature.

I thought Maka was excellent pre-season. Ok he is irratic but has genuine presence and raw ability. He has all the potential to be a top keeper. Reminds me of David James who hasn't had a bad career!

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Maka was excellent today and seemed to be really focused on what he was doing, he had a couple of blips where he ran out to go for a ball and ended up running backwards after it off his goalline but that was it, brilliant performance from the big man

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    We have two very contrasting keepers.
    aye, one we can't get off the goalline and the other we can't keep on it

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Thought the big man was superb, if he plays like that every week you won't hear a peep against him

Perfect performance from Maka today. Looked like the complete keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    aye, one we can't get off the goalline and the other we can't keep on it

It'll only become an issue if it starts happening regularly.
    Evidence to support "regularly" please!

Forget it! Only joking as I have no doubts that we have a great keeper in Maka and, frankly, I can cope with those that don't agree by ignoring them for all the reasons I've posted before!

Can't imagine he won't play from the start next week at Killie but, then again I don't pick the team!

Coaching Staff
    Thought Maka was good today. His continental style of the classic punch-out clearance always gets me a bit jumpy, but his save off the header in the first half was the work of a naturally talented and instinctive goalkeeper.

This time last year, that would have gone in, I reckon.

@hibs.net private member
    Evidence to support "regularly" please!

Forget it! Only joking as I have no doubts that we have a great keeper in Maka and, frankly, I can cope with those that don't agree by ignoring them for all the reasons I've posted before!

Can't imagine he won't play from the start next week at Killie but, then again I don't pick the team!

I was talking about Cech.

It was his quick thinking that lead us to our first goal

:notworthy:

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    What a load of complete bollox. I am happy as a pig in *****, we won, we apparently played well, and our keeper kept a clean sheet. What is there to complain about tonight?

I agree entirely, I've never hid the fact that I've prefered Stack tae Makalamby but I cannae think of much he (Makalamby) done wrong today and I'm delighted for him and for Hibs and I have nae problem saying it. I have my preferred players in their positions but I have nae problem with other players coming in and doing that job and nae problem with saying when I think they've done a great job.

While I'm here I've been a critic of Nish but that's probably the best I've seen fae him so well done him tae

I've been critical of a lot of our performances lately despite the results but I can honestly say I really enjoyed most of todays game

At the end of the first half Maka was clapped off the pitch, which he modestly acknowledged.

Also noted Bamba congratulated him on his save in first half.

Think today all the crap on last week's thread by some idiots on here suggesting his fellow team mates had no confidence in him, was shown up as the risible rubbish it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post

I agree entirely, I've never hid the fact that I've prefered Stack tae Makalamby but I cannae think of much he (Makalamby) done wrong today and I'm delighted for him and for Hibs and I have nae problem saying it. I have my preferred players in their positions but I have nae problem with other players coming in and doing that job and nae problem with saying when I think they've done a great job.

While I'm here I've been a critic of Nish but that's probably the best I've seen fae him so well done him tae

I've been critical of a lot of our performances lately despite the results but I can honestly say I really enjoyed most of todays game

It was an excellent game !
    Motherwell gave up in the second half when they couldn't get the ball off us.
    We bossed that match and it was great to see

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post