hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam Miller

Liam Miller

The real deal. Fantastic performance today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Agreed, just hope we can hold on to him for quite a while.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Hmm, i wonder if he wants to move to a bigger team again like he did with Celtic to Manchester united if he's offered or if he just wants to commit himself to Hibs and enjoy his football.

He hit one pass straight out of play.

First time I can recall him making a mistake.

I could watch Miller all day in a Hibs shirt...

I have no doubt that liam miller is a class act but, i'll probably get pelters for saying this, i dont think he has shown it so far in a hibs shirt.

I just think he plays the safe ball all the time, never seems to pass it forward, just side to side or back.

I never seem to come away from a game and say what a great performance he had, fair enough he never does much wrong but he never seems to make a big impact on the game.

Maybe its just the role yogi has him playing but every game ive seen him play i forgot he was on the park.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbaws View Post
    I have no doubt that liam miller is a class act but, i'll probably get pelters for saying this, i dont think he has shown it so far in a hibs shirt.

I just think he plays the safe ball all the time, never seems to pass it forward, just side to side or back.

I never seem to come away from a game and say what a great performance he had, fair enough he never does much wrong but he never seems to make a big impact on the game.

Maybe its just the role yogi has him playing but every game ive seen him play i forgot he was on the park.

Hibernian Football Club

You're quite right - you will get pelters. Liam Miller is having a great season for us and we're lucky to have him.

Didn't see too much of him in the first half, but the second half he was absolutely everywhere. Not sure he was MOTM, but he wasn't far off it.

Of course we're lucky to have him but i would like to see him play further up the park and play balls forward from time to time. One instance today he palyed it back and forth to zemama about ten times and he was three yards away. Thats the only thing that stands out about his performance.

Don't quite understand your take on Miller
    He has never been a flashy player - suggest you watch the next game you see him play in and come back and tell us how many times he played a colleague into trouble with a loose pass
    Agree he goes about his business playing the "safe" pass which is more telling than the crazy 50 yard pass that ends up nowhere.
    Which would you rather have ?
    I would love to have played with LM !!!!
    His work rate is phenominal plus he protects the ball .

I rate him my player of the season so far

First Team Regular
    Of course we're lucky to have him but i would like to see him play further up the park and play balls forward from time to time. One instance today he palyed it back and forth to zemama about ten times and he was three yards away. Thats the only thing that stands out about his performance.
    Im guessing you didnt play football yourself? Certainly not as a midfielder anyway. Its all about keeping possesion of the ball, and not being forced into playing a pass thats not on.

No disrespect, but there is clearly a village somewhere missing their idiot.

You are either on the wind up, or know nothing at all about football (the type of fan that Mikey Stewart loves!)

Miller was superb today,i would really like to see him have a few shots on goal. He had oppertunitys to do this today.

Deservedly man of the match.

Please go away. Please.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    No disrespect, but there is clearly a village somewhere missing their idiot.

You are either on the wind up, or know nothing at all about football (the type of fan that Mikey Stewart loves!)

I think he has nothing to do until the morra I smell *****e.....

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    Im guessing you didnt play football yourself? Certainly not as a midfielder anyway. Its all about keeping possesion of the ball, and not being forced into playing a pass thats not on.
    Ok, fair enough we need to keep possesion but you dont get anywhere by playing the ball side to side and backwards. if we dint have the likes of zemama, nish, murray and wotherspoon running up and down the park all day we would never get out of midfield.

Ok, fair enough we need to keep possesion but you dont get anywhere by playing the ball side to side and backwards. if we dint have the likes of zemama, nish, murray and wotherspoon running up and down the park all day we would never get out of midfield.
    You are now making a fool of yourself...

But we have. And Liam Miller brings ALL these players into the game whilst pulling the opposition towards the ball.

A very good player.

Tell me one thing that liam miller done today that was outstanding? Defence splitting pass? Last ditch tackle? Nah, not one thing i can remember. I'm not running him down or saying he's a rotten player, I just cant seewhy everyone is bumming him up.

First Team Regular
    Watch barcelona..And watcher the number of little side and backwards passes they make, you have to keep possesion of the ball until there is an opening to push forward. You clearly have never kicked a ball in your life, and dont understand the game of football very well. Comments like yours frustrate me, as they are nonsense.

Coaching Staff

Couldn't disagree more. He has shown he's a class act and was outstanding today.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Head and Shoulders above everyone else on the park today.

Total class
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    He very rarely wastes a ball and wins a helluva lot of balls in midfield through solid tackling and intelligent reading of the game.

Apart from that he does not do very much, doughball.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Where you not at the game today ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    Watch barcelona..And watcher the number of little side and backwards passes they make, you have to keep possesion of the ball until there is an opening to push forward. You clearly have never kicked a ball in your life, and dont understand the game of football very well. Comments like yours frustrate me, as they are nonsense.

Watch barca next time, and every player plays the ball forward even the defenders. Miller never seems to play the ball forward though.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Watch barca next time, and every player plays the ball forward even the defenders. Miller never seems to play the ball forward though.
    Chris Hogg knocks the ball up the park every time he has it, does that mean he should be playing for Barcelona going by your logic?

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    Class Act.
    Totally ran the midefield in our recent outing to Ibrox.
    Ever heard of posession football?

Left by mutual consent!

He's better than I thought he would be and I thought he would be really good.The main thing that I've noticed is that he gets stuck in much more than I thought he would.Apart from a couple of poor short passes today I thought Rankin earned himself a few Brownie points today too

Quote Originally Posted by TheCabbage View Post
    Class Act.
    Totally ran the midefield in our recent outing to Ibrox.
    Ever heard of posession football?

Tell me this then, Falkirk in the scottish cup final 2008, i seem to recall them playing possesion football did they not?

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    Could not tell you.
    Didnt watch the cup final.
    How many games have you seen Miller play then?