hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Levein/Gannon

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar

Levein/Gannon

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend listening on the BBC website to both these managers post-match comments from todays game.

It really highlights the thoughts of myself and i'm sure thousands of other fans across the country when it comes to the standard of the refereeing in the SPL. Not only that, but the accountability of our refs when it comes to making mistakes and how they hide behind that clown Hugh Dallas.

Well done to both managers for speaking out as this will continue unless the people with power are made to listen and take note of how bad the standard of refereeing is in Scotland.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough swazzie's Avatar
    Gannon, fair enough, he had no axe to grind and has no reputation for this that I know

Levein on the other hand runs whinging to the press shifting the blame every time his team doesn't win. He'd have a shred of credibility if he ever did it after they won. He'd be a total embarassment as national boss IMHO and the style of football we'd have to watch would just be neck breaking

Quote Originally Posted by swazzie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gannon, fair enough, he had no axe to grind and has no reputation for this that I know

Levein on the other hand runs whinging to the press shifting the blame every time his team doesn't win. He'd have a shred of credibility if he ever did it after they won. He'd be a total embarassment as national boss IMHO and the style of football we'd have to watch would just be neck breaking
    disagree, always find him pretty honest in his assessments and from what I've seen his United team play some pretty good football.

Levein has no reputation what so ever. Let us not forget that last season he bet it on Sandaza scoring twenty goals over the season. Don't think the diving spaniard even got 15.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    Levein has no reputation what so ever. Let us not forget that last season he bet it on Sandaza scoring twenty goals over the season. Don't think the diving spaniard even got 15.

The comments of an ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    If you haven't done so already, I would recommend listening on the BBC website to both these managers post-match comments from todays game.

It really highlights the thoughts of myself and i'm sure thousands of other fans across the country when it comes to the standard of the refereeing in the SPL. Not only that, but the accountability of our refs when it comes to making mistakes and how they hide behind that clown Hugh Dallas.

Well done to both managers for speaking out as this will continue unless the people with power are made to listen and take note of how bad the standard of refereeing is in Scotland.
    I totally respect the comments of both managers in this particular case. I used to think Levein was quite biased in some of his assesments over the years, and did whinge a lot of some real nonsense, but he's always been pretty honest, and he said today that one of his players should have been sent off but wasn't. Gannon has tried to use the correct system to critisize referees, and surprise surprise has had no response, so has therefore decided to go public about it. Good on him IMO, he's tried to play fair but has reached the end of his tether.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The day managers start criticising referees when their own team has benefited from dodgy decisions I'll maybe start taking them seriously.

All this guff about refereees using their 'discretion' and not booking a player or red cards that were only a yellow etc etc indicates to me there is a lot of managers who don't know the rules and are unprepared to confront the discipline of their own players.

As for the Levein love in, give it a ****ing break. Man's a self righteous, whinging Jambo tosser

First Team Breakthrough swazzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    hmmm, or just someone giving a different opinion to you

why don't you give a constructive counter-argument like Del Boy?

or was your post ironic? :

Quote Originally Posted by blackhibee View Post
    I totally respect the comments of both managers in this particular case. I used to think Levein was quite biased in some of his assesments over the years, and did whinge a lot of some real nonsense, but he's always been pretty honest, and he said today that one of his players should have been sent off but wasn't. Gannon has tried to use the correct system to critisize referees, and surprise surprise has had no response, so has therefore decided to go public about it. Good on him IMO, he's tried to play fair but has reached the end of his tether.
    Don't think he said one of HIS players should have been sent off but rather A player.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don't think he said one of HIS players should have been sent off but rather A player.
    Listen to the interview again, he quoted his name.

@hibs.net private member
    Craig Levein discredits any argument regarding referess as he is a whingeing faced cant.

Moans about everything and anything when his team drops points.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's so post modern.