hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Darren Barr

Darren Barr

How did Barr play today? anyone impressed by him or was he nothing special?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Did okay but nothing special. Watch for youself on BBC Alba just now

Nevermind Barr, was Arfield actually playing?

Neither Barr or Arfiled stood out for me. noticed Finnigan for allthe higgly fouls and the guy Alex McDonal who looks like a fatter Wayne Rooney. Thought Bullen displayed some clever touches when he came on and he looked really quick for someone of his age.

McLean is the quality defender at Falkirk.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was dire. Opinions, eh!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Barr will fit in nicely at Centre back. He is wasted at right back in the Falkirk team. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Aye if you like your defender to only foul through out the whole game! He just constantly fouled nish time and time again.
    Barr was good but Arfield was hardly in the game at all

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Barr will fit in nicely at Centre back. He is wasted at right back in the Falkirk team. IMO.
    Pretty sure he was playing CH today?!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Pretty sure he was playing CH today?!
    But they have used him for a good bit this and last season at right back.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    opinions

Barr is average, no better than Hogg or Murray, probably far worse.

I thought Arfield did well

Most things go through him and he has a great workrate.

Reminded me of Liam Miller, but not as good.

Him and Miller in midfiled would be fantastic

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Japhakayk
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    Neither Barr or Arfiled stood out for me. noticed Finnigan for allthe higgly fouls and the guy Alex McDonal who looks like a fatter Wayne Rooney. Thought Bullen displayed some clever touches when he came on and he looked really quick for someone of his age.
    Total animal as well. Can't see the difference between his assault on Murray and McManus getting sent off for smashing Driver. Maybe Willie Miller put him up to it

Agree with thorburn1.

Attended the game with a mate who's a Falkirk fan, says although he's still 21 most things go through Arfield and they're not the same team when he's not playing. I thought he put himself about well yesterday, won most of his challenges, got up and down the pitch well and always made himself available. Would be a good addition to the squad but do we really need any more midfielders?

Barr looked solid enough, comfortable on the ball the few times he carried it forward and could cover RB & CH but there's probably better centre-halfs out there. Mibbe if we got him on a free though...

Left by mutual consent!
    Barr is a FAR better player than Hogg..

His distrubtion, positional sense, tackling, aerial ability are all streets ahead of Hogg..

If we sign him he'll be a very welcome acquisition

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBall'sRound View Post
    Total animal as well. Can't see the difference between his assault on Murray and McManus getting sent off for smashing Driver. Maybe Willie Miller put him up to it
    I agree he was a dirty wee Ned. He looked like the photofit of yer average Hun. he looks like one, acts like one and has a Hun Name. I fear he must have done Murray some damage. At least Murray got one back on him near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Ian View Post
    Agree with thorburn1.

Attended the game with a mate who's a Falkirk fan, says although he's still 21 most things go through Arfield and they're not the same team when he's not playing. I thought he put himself about well yesterday, won most of his challenges, got up and down the pitch well and always made himself available. Would be a good addition to the squad but do we really need any more midfielders?

Barr looked solid enough, comfortable on the ball the few times he carried it forward and could cover RB & CH but there's probably better centre-halfs out there. Mibbe if we got him on a free though...
    My Falkirk chums say much the same thing. Funny, they are off the opinion that he's too good for them at present, in that everything goes through him and he's expected to be superman and single-handedly do it for them. One guy compared it to Collins first coming into the Hibs team. He feels they should punt him and bring in some scrappers who can battle to keep them up.

Barr...I don't get the fuss to be honest. Seems a solid, decent SPL player who got into the fringes of a really poor Scotland side (Caldwell bros, McManus etc) and I believe Hanlon has better potential as a central defender. As you say, a free or nominal fee or squad player exchange only methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn1 View Post
    opinions

Barr is average, no better than Hogg or Murray, probably far worse.

I thought Arfield did well

Most things go through him and he has a great workrate.

Reminded me of Liam Miller, but not as good.

Him and Miller in midfiled would be fantastic
    Watched Arfield very closely yesterday. His distribution is very good and keeps the ball moving nicely. He's always looking around him and has the next pass worked out before he receives the ball (bit Boozy like) - would like to see him providing these passes for Deeks / Stokes / Benji

Barr looked a far superior player than Hogg, i`d like to see him at Easter Road on the strength of yesterday and more importantly on the judgement of Yogi.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Watched Arfield very closely yesterday. His distribution is very good and keeps the ball moving nicely. He's always looking around him and has the next pass worked out before he receives the ball (bit Boozy like) - would like to see him providing these passes for Deeks / Stokes / Benji
    I have to agree with this, everything good went through Arfield yesterday.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

because of all the talk regarding Barr and Arfield I paid attention to what they did yesterday.

Both did reasonably well but neither stood out. regardless of what people might say Barr is no better than any defender we currently have at the club, I certainly wouldn't pick him at CH ahead of Hogg, Murray or Bamba and would rather see McCormack and Hanlon get a chance ahead of him. I do however expect Bamba to leave next summer so a pre-contract signing in January wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Arfield is a better player than he showed yesterday but think that Eddie May is asking him to do more of a holding and dictating role rather than attacking which he did for Yogi. For what its worth I think he would be an excellent addition to our squad and if Falkirk wanted to do business and felt that a couple of our fringe players (I'm thinking Stevenson, Thicot and/or Rankin) fancied a move in the opposite direction as part of the deal it wouldn't be a bad thing.