hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

Grant Brebner - suspected broken ankle

As I type this Grant Brebner is on his way to hospital in Melbourne after being carried off in the first half of the Melbourne Victory v Gold Coast United match with a suspected broken ankle.

He's 32 next week, and if it is broken, then one obviously wonders if he'll make it back on to the paddock, or if it could end his career.

Let's hope the x ray only shows bruising - but Brebner himself thinks its bust.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I guess it all depends on the severity of the break. Hopefully, its something he can recover from in a couple of months.

If it's a long termer, then it could be the end of the road for him.

How was he doing over there?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Get well soon Brebs

Quote Originally Posted by Spamheid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess it all depends on the severity of the break. Hopefully, its something he can recover from in a couple of months.

If it's a long termer, then it could be the end of the road for him.

How was he doing over there?
    I've been paying more attention to Perth Glory to be sure, but he seems to have been a regular starter this season after spending a lot of last season on the bench.
    Love to shout abuse at his team, but hope he makes a full and fast recovery.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been paying more attention to Perth Glory to be sure, but he seems to have been a regular starter this season after spending a lot of last season on the bench.
    Love to shout abuse at his team, but hope he makes a full and fast recovery.
    He was out for a lot of last year with an injury and then did as stated spend a fair bit on his return on the bench, but this season was a regular again in midfield.

He's not a sprightly lad anymore, but his distribution from the middle was as you would expect, and indeed was having his regular good game when he was injured when he and an opposition player contested a 50-50 ball.

Nothing malicious in the challnge, and Breb's studs appeared to get caught in the turf.

Nothing confirmed yet, so let's hope its not as bad as was first reported.

@hibs.net private member
    Can someone explain the greater than usual attachment hibs.net has with this former player?

I've seen so many threads, updating us on the progress of the GB and I can't understand why.