Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is 2-1 United win bad for us

its points off the old/firm which is a great thing

it means there is now another team chasing the Huns/Tic

great win for Dundee Utd
    Because at the end of the season the OF will be 20+ points infront of us and if we are lucky we will be challanging with the likes of utd for 3rd place. The fewer unexpected points utd/hearts/m'well/aberdeen pick up the better for us.
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

QUOTE: Tory Hibby- League table at end November last year

1 Celtic 16 25 43
    2 Rangers 16 22 36
    3 Hearts 16 0 29
    4 Dundee Utd 16 5 26
    5 Aberdeen 16 -1 21
    6 Hibernian 16 -3 20
    7 Kilmarnock 16 -8 19
    8 Falkirk 16 -3 17
    9 Inverness 16 -6 17
    10 Motherwell 16 -8 17
    11 Hamilton 16 -12 14
    12 St Mirren 16 -11 12

Surely this year's situation is much better for all (and particularly us!).

League table now-

1 Rangers 11 13 25
    2 Celtic 12 11 24
    3 Hibernian 12 8 22
    4 Dundee Utd 11 8 22
    5 Motherwell 12 3 19
    6 Aberdeen 12 -1 15
    7 St Mirren 12 -3 13
    8 St Johnstone 12 -5 12
    9 Hearts 12 -5 10
    10 Kilmarnock 12 -9 9
    11 Hamilton 12 -11 9
    12 Falkirk 12 -9 8

After 12 games, we have more points

Celtc have almost half as many

And yams.......

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Because at the end of the season the OF will be 20+ points infront of us and if we are lucky we will be challanging with the likes of utd for 3rd place. The fewer unexpected points utd/hearts/m'well/aberdeen pick up the better for us.
    I'm not so sure they will be this year.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    The gulf in quality is there, if they play like that they'll win more than they lose don't you know
    "We are magnificent to watch and great at going forward, we are just very very unlucky".

I wonder how many times we will here that one from Saint Tony this season...

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Hopefully not.

For just now however, I would prefer to see the teams that we have been competing with for the last few years drop the points.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Me neither and RP will be aware of this aswell.

While the backing he has given Yogi so far has been fantastic, if he can support Yogi again in January to bring in a few more of his "hidden gems", I am really starting to believe we could be there or there abouts come the end of the season. My only worry is that this may be the best opportunity we'll EVER have ie it's now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    "We are magnificent to watch and great at going forward, we are just very very unlucky".

Hopefully lots and lots.

A draw would have been a good result. As they have a game in hand, winning today means they are level on points with us with the chance to go ahead. Whenever one of our rivals gains points on us I hardly see how it's a good thing.
    I must remember that Rangers and Celtic aren't our rivals next time we play them. I'll maybe give them a cheer whilst urging them on to beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

If the results keep going the way they are, we won't be hearing from him after Christmas

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    If the results keep going the way they are, we won't be hearing from him after Christmas
    I'm not sure who to place my money on...

Tony or Shabby...

Maybe we'll see a direct swap?

Imagine the amount of stick Tony would get for accepting the yams job.

GIRUY Mowbray!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I must remember that Rangers and Celtic aren't our rivals next time we play them. I'll maybe give them a cheer whilst urging them on to beat us.
    Aye, go an point out where I said I wanted them to win.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 22-11-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: rm unwarranted insult

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    We have 2 home games up next, anyone know who the old squirm have in the next 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy® View Post
    Me neither and RP will be aware of this aswell.

While the backing he has given Yogi so far has been fantastic, if he can support Yogi again in January to bring in a few more of his "hidden gems", I am really starting to believe we could be there or there abouts come the end of the season. My only worry is that this may be the best opportunity we'll EVER have ie it's now or never.

Tendy to agree Houchy ,Rangers and Celtic are playing the worst football in 30 years ,and with a bit of investment by RP and a bit of fight from the boys picking up points instead of draws we are very much in it .
    The last 2 games at Tynie and Paisley Yogi if hes going to get us challenging has got a few hard situations to sort out

. 1. Stokes no doin heehaw ,Ibrox over a month ago thats it not what your expecting from someone of his calibre , still looks unfit IMO. .
    2. Nishy our fall over offside machine maybe he deserves better service from our midfield in quality of balls up to him but you will win F/A on yer arse .
    3. Rankin been with Hibs what 2,3 years now seasoned pro still not doing it passing is shocking ,I dont know if Cregg Galbraith, Wotherspoon or even Lewis is a better option, but we need a better option
    4. Benji ,I like some dont most skillfull player we have IMO played out of position why to justify Yogis buys time to play hardball with your superstars Yogi ,,Benji will win you more fouls because of his skills and look at the array of players we have to take freekicks from them absolutly stupid to move Benji on
    5. Time to buy our full backs and centre half in the Jan window
    6. Zouma and Bamba away in the summer, plus the African Nations so if we are going to do anything this season the Jan transfer window is of the utmost importance
    I just honestly feel we are not far away and because of the injury to Zemamma the midfield has stopped playing and hoofball has returned ,we need another playmaker Millers doing a grand job with Mc Bride Im not sure if the younger players I mentioned are the answer or we have to buy someone in Jan , I do know that Rankin and Nish are not the answer the last 2 games prove that , why persist with this formation .
    I just think Yogi wants to raise the bar a little for our players its there for the taking all youve got to do is believe and grab it ,your not telling me we have anything to be afraid of Dun Utd just took 3 points of them, do you think they were brilliant today I didnt 2 good deliveries beat a terrible Celtic defence .Heid and Hoof were absolutly shocking for Celtic Gary Caldwell, Loovens come on ,ones slow the other canny tackle well he can if he can use his arms .
    Great oppertunity for Hibs just now , I hope we dont bottle it

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    We have 2 home games up next, anyone know who the old squirm have in the next 2 ?
    Next week

Celtic v St Mirren
    Aberdeen v Rangers

Week after

Celtic v Aberdeen
    Falkirk v Rangers

Not good for Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    Next week

Celtic v St Mirren
    Aberdeen v Rangers

Week after

Celtic v Aberdeen
    Falkirk v Rangers

Not good for Aberdeen.

Aberdeen pretty decent against the huns at todders, and Falkirk away wont be easy for the huns.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    2-1 United

Darren Dods.
    how can you cry when the oldfirm get beat ? unless it means we dont win the league or hearts do, you should want them to lose every game, i know id ?

only time i want the oldfirm to win is against hearts...

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    how can you cry when the oldfirm get beat ? unless it means we dont win the league or hearts do, you should want them to lose every game, i know id ?

only time i want the oldfirm to win is against hearts...
    Because, like it or not, by the time we get to the split, Dundee Utd are likely to be our main challengers for 3rd place and Celtic and Rangers will be well clear in 1st and 2nd.

I want Dundee Utd, and probably Motherwell as well, to lose every single game that they play, except when they are playing Hearts.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I made the same prediction myself that the old/firm would be 20+ points clear end of the season but that was based on the the fact that both teams were going through a bad patch.

The fact is the Huns/Tic are not going to get any better because they don't have the players they once had and both don't have the money to strengthen there teams come January.

The old firm look like they could drop points every game they play

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I made the same prediction myself that the old/firm would be 20+ points clear end of the season but that was based on the the fact that both teams were going through a bad patch.

The fact is the Huns/Tic are not going to get any better because they don't have the players they once had and both don't have the money to strengthen there teams come January.

Unfortunately so do we.

I think that we have shown in the last two matches that we are not capable of finishing in the top two. When we have one or two key players missing, we really struggle to play well and create chances.

If we have our starting XI (Zemmama especially) fit and available for the rest of the season then I might be tempted to agree that first or second is acheivable but I still think we will end up around 20 points behind, whichever half of the OF finishes 2nd, by the end of the season.

Although it's a vast improvement on last season's debacle and I think that Hughes will continue to improve us over time, I don't think that we are anywhere near as good as some Hibs fans like to think that we are.

Not yet anyway, hopefully it will come.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Unfortunately so do we.

So does virtually every team in the SPL this season.

A whole lot depends on who we have available for selection next week - we have a wee injury crisis brewing.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    So does virtually every team in the SPL this season.

A whole lot depends on who we have available for selection next week - we have a wee injury crisis brewing.
    Better believe it Dodster. Without Zemamma and McBride we will struggle big time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Better believe it Dodster. Without Zemamma and McBride we will struggle big time.

My thoughts exactly - and Falkirk will be feeling good about themselves - first win of the season and all that.

First Team Regular

Well Done United

Good result and keeps this league very interesting for a while longer. Wonder how long Mowbray has left??

Some very interesting fixtures in the coming weeks, we have a number of games we should be aiming to win at home, including the huns. Interesting times.... Oh aye, and Hearts are gash