hibs.net Messageboard

Did we deserve that result?

I dont think we did but that shows we can still get a result.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We're not as good a team as some folk like to think we are, our attack and midfield are overrated to a fair extent with the exception of some individual flashes of brilliance. However I do not think our defence is getting the praise they deserve and we are now difficult to beat at least.

Good teams can pick up points without playing well.
    Maybe we didn't deserve anything today, but as long as we continue picking up points, I'll be happy. November is usually a bad month for us, our form tends to drop around this time of year and today was never going to be an easy game. Let's take the point, and get back to ER next week, get behind the team and put in a performance. I am however, a little concerned about our form without Zemmama. Hopefully the wee man can get back fit for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zouma7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

As I said on another thread Hibs still 3rd, 3 points above 4th place and 8 SPL games in a row undefeated. (When did we last achieve that)

Whilst Hearts only 2 points of the bottom place now and 12 points behind Hibs.

Hearts are candidates for relegation now that's for sure.

There is still plenty room for improvement but I would easily have settled for the current situation at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    As I said on another thread Hibs still 3rd, 3 points above 4th place and 8 games in the spl undefeated (When did we last achieve that)

Whilst Hearts only 2 points of the bottom place now and 12 points behind Hibs.

Hearts are candidates for relegation now that's for sure.

There is still plenty room for improvement but I would easily have settled for the current situation at the start of the season.
    2 games in hand

@hibs.net private member

Re: Did we deserve that result?

On way home from match. We were lucky to get a draw. We are nowhere near as good as some people like to think. Poor show.

Blog Entries
    Realistically, a Celtic win tomorrow would benefit us as D.Utd. must be our main opponents for third place. The consolation of seeing Mowbray sink deeper in the myre however wouldn't disappoint me too much.

2 games in hand
    Utd have 2 games in hand, but both against Rangers & Celtic at Home, so even a couple of draws would keep us in touch with the OF.

Mind you the best we will get this season is 3rd, which I'd be delighted with.

Exactly, i know some of us on here think we can, but we cant split the OF, so 3rd would be brilliant.

First Team Breakthrough
    Exactly, i know some of us on here think we can, but we cant split the OF, so 3rd would be brilliant.
    i might have baws but as far as i am aware their no crystal so a definitive on what Hibs can and cant do will remain a mystery until May 9th!!

January transfer window will make things a lot clearer in regards to what other clubs will do, rangers will sell, celtic will buy, hibs will buy, dundee utd may lose their manager, hearts will sell, motherwell will remain the same along with the majority.

we have had this team for a quarter of the season and i knwo many people in football who truly believe the hibs and yogi have the tools to put a real fright into the top 2 this season if things remain.

you appear to be the queen of one liners!!!

We can but we won't, I'd say. I think we've flattered to deceive a bit this season but I'm still happy enough with the way things are going, this early in Yogi's reign.

Zemmama is the man that makes us tick. We aren't half as good without him in the side.

If we keep him fit, I'm fairly certain that we will be 3rd.

As I said on another thread Hibs still 3rd, 3 points above 4th place and 8 SPL games in a row undefeated. (When did we last achieve that)
    We were undefeated in the first nine games of the 2007/08 season but I've had a look at every season since 01/02 and I don't see any other undefeated run as good as eight games.

8 SPL games in a row undefeated. (When did we last achieve that)
    Under Collins, it might surprise some people to learn.

From the last game of the season in 2006/2007 2-1 v Celtic (after losing at Tynecastle) through the first nine games of the following season 2007/2008 until we lost at Motherwell in October 2007, we went 10 SPL games undefeated.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

We managed to score 1 goal as did St Mirren.

You always get what you deserve in football IMO.

So yes, we deserved a point.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    I am not convinced that our much lauded strike force is all it is supposed to be. I think that without Zouma, our midfield is too light and we have too many forwards trying to feed off too little in midfield.

We need one out and out striker supported by Deek and concentrate on controlling the midfield. We have done well with McBride and Miller and Zouma going forward, but I think we need to add one more creative midfielder.

When everyone is fit I would prefer to see Spoony move into midfield and forget having Benji up front.

In previous seasons when we've played bad in November we've got nothing out of games. Even when we've deserved to win games we've got nothing.

The fact we didn't perform and still got a point is good stuff and should be looked on in a positive light.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    In previous seasons when we've played bad in November we've got nothing out of games. Even when we've deserved to win games we've got nothing.

The fact we didn't perform and still got a point is good stuff and should be looked on in a positive light.
    I know what you are getting at, but should we be happy when we are challenging at the top of the league and just don't play at all in the second half???

Yes, going by previous years that is an improvement, but if we have aspirations of Europe we should at least be competing for 90 mins.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    2 games in hand
    Games in hand against the Old Firm!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter who deserves what. If we play poorly and get draws and play well and win games we should do well this season.

Too many times over the years we have 'deserved' victories but not got them for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Zemmama is the man that makes us tick. We aren't half as good without him in the side.
    Anyone know how far away the Moroccan Magician (tm) is from a return to the team?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post

We need to learn to walk before we can run. Just think back 6 months, and see just how far we have come in such a short space of time.