hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Darren Barr

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!

Darren Barr

Eddie May has apparently admitted that Darren Bar has recieved an offer from another club which will be worth 4x his current Falkirk salary. No mention of who the club was but wonder if this is us making a move.

Apparently you can speak to the agent of the players to discuss possible terms but cannot speak to the player themselves until January so that is why the details are known.

Source - Falkirk fan who was at an online webchat that Falkirk run for their fans where they can question the manager.

Assuming he is one of Falkirks highest paid I am guessing 4x his salary would put him into the top bracket of earners at ER, unless he is getting peanuts at Falkirk.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eddie May has apparently admitted that Darren Bar has recieved an offer from another club which will be worth 4x his current Falkirk salary. No mention of who the club was but wonder if this is us making a move.

Apparently you can speak to the agent of the players to discuss possible terms but cannot speak to the player themselves until January so that is why the details are known.

Source - Falkirk fan who was at an online webchat that Falkirk run for their fans where they can question the manager.

Assuming he is one of Falkirks highest paid I am guessing 4x his salary would put him into the top bracket of earners at ER, unless he is getting peanuts at Falkirk.
    If thats the case its the championship or the uglies for DB. Not heartbroken, tbh.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

[ THAT's a good rule! ]

Are Rangers allowed to deal in transfers? Maybe this is Mowbray looking for a replacement for Dumb or Dumber? England? Or us?

I would expect 4 x his current salary to be no more than £3k per week.

He is at the end of his first professional contract that I doubt will be worth much more than £500-£800 per week. Falkirk probably can't afford to go much more than £1200-1500 for their top players so the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs & Hearts could all over him favourable terms.

I suppose it's just a case of who does he want to play for? If he has any sense he will avoid the Old Firm and he could get lost in the Championship.

With a smaller squad under Yogi would we be paying £2000 - £3000 per week for our top players?

Barr signed a renewal 3-year contract in 2007 - would you reckon £500-£700 per week?

He's 5'10" according to the Falkirk FC site

Where would Yogi play him?

Woo woo, it could be us then. I still think Barr we be a Hibby come Jan.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    IF he signed for us, I would look at this as being a good signing, a kind of right side Ian Murray, the laddie can play both right back and centre half.
    It would allow Spoonie to move further up the field where I feel he will be a much better player for us, although he is doing fine whilst learning how to play right back.

Still, plenty time to get excited or otherwise about January signings.

Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    He's 5'10" according to the Falkirk FC site

Where would Yogi play him?
    He's an inch taller than a certain John Henderson Blackley who turned in some more than useful performances in central defense

Promising Youngster weststand1973's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Kwikfix

Guy on BBC fans forum ( Falkirk ) saying 5x current salary. Get in sorted Petrie, we want 7

Useless agent to let a prospective purchaser know what he's earning now.Good luck to him-hope it's not us -overrated.

If i was a betting man(which im not)i think its 95% certain he will sign a precontract with us in the first week in january and sign for us mid january after the clubs haggle over the transfer fee.If not he will be at er for next season.Would be a great addition to the squad as he is versatile and would possibly be a direct replacement if and when bamba goes.Benji looks to on his way at the end of season so maybe he could be away in january with Someone else coming in though i think he will stay for zemmammas sake.

Obviously, it's in Eddie May's best interests to talk this up and try and get a fee for him before the window. I think he should have been thinking along those lines last summer though. Barr might sit tight and pocket a signing on fee.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    He's an inch taller than a certain John Henderson Blackley who turned in some more than useful performances in central defense
    Sloop was a god though. Probaby the best sweeper Hibs have had when I have been watching them (ignoring Frank and Pat, who both started in midfield)

And he played beside a centre half who was no giant (under 6 foot)

Personally think it's highly unlikely that Barr will sign for us.

Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Sloop was a god though. Probaby the best sweeper Hibs have had when I have been watching them (ignoring Frank and Pat, who both started in midfield)

That's why Celtic kept on scoring five & six goals against us

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar

Has the avarage height of football players not increased by about 4 inches since then?

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Has the avarage height of football players not increased by about 4 inches since then?
    While their ability to control a football has decreased by about 60%?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    While their ability to control a football has decreased by about 60%?
    If you have a point, gonnae please come out with it?

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar

And no use .... if it's "Cilla" Black you are talking about!

I'd almost wager that the real Cilla would have done a better job against Dixie Deans.

Definitely the weakest link in the Tornadoes for me.

All this talk about height is a non starter. One of the games finest ever centre backs in Fabio Cannavaro is only 5 ' 9.

Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp® View Post
    And no use .... if it's "Cilla" Black you are talking about!

I'd almost wager that the real Cilla would have done a better job against Dixie Deans.

Definitely the weakest link in the Tornadoes for me.

How rude!

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Benji looks to on his way at the end of season so maybe he could be away in january with Someone else coming in though i think he will stay for zemmammas sake.
    I am not so sure that Zemmama would be much bothered. He has his wife and child now as companions. I think Benji needs him more than he needs Benji.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I am not so sure that Zemmama would be much bothered. He has his wife and child now as companions. I think Benji needs him more than he needs Benji.
    Agreed, give Zemmama and improved contract on a long term deal with his wife and child settled he may well stay around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    I would expect 4 x his current salary to be no more than £3k per week.

He is at the end of his first professional contract that I doubt will be worth much more than £500-£800 per week. Falkirk probably can't afford to go much more than £1200-1500 for their top players so the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs & Hearts could all over him favourable terms.

I suppose it's just a case of who does he want to play for? If he has any sense he will avoid the Old Firm and he could get lost in the Championship.
    This is the interesting bit for me. We are all very presumptious that he will come to us but arguably Rantic + these 4 teams could all be interested in him..will we really win a bidding war (salary) against these guys. Obviously hope we do but think we should lower our optimism a wee bit.