hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Kevin mccann

Kevin mccann

Just having nae luck the laddie, a shame methinks because I think he can develop into a top class full back

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/H...ibs.5826853.jp
    Last edited by poolman; 16-11-2009 at 12:36 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Beginning to wonder if this is another case like John Kennedy's or Jonathan Baillie's....

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beginning to wonder if this is another case like John Kennedy's or Jonathan Baillie's....
    I didnt want to say that but i have been thinking that myself.

Hope not as he seems a model professional.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

it's fairly usual for players out for a long time to have muscle strains and tears on their comeback. I'm sure it would have been a much bigger deal had the injury been related to the original issue.

Good player and hope he comes back strongly, Spoony is doing well but would rather see him in a more advanced position before the season ends, someone like McCann behind him will only help him as a player.

I fear it is never going to happen for him too

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    it's fairly usual for players out for a long time to have muscle strains and tears on their comeback. I'm sure it would have been a much bigger deal had the injury been related to the original issue.

Good player and hope he comes back strongly, Spoony is doing well but would rather see him in a more advanced position before the season ends, someone like McCann behind him will only help him as a player.
    Didnt really think of that

Hope he's ok.

Mon the McCann
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Shouldn't be as the two instances you cite were the same injury never having healed properly.

A hamstring injury is minor compared to what the laddie has gone through and it will need time more than anything else.

He could do with a run of luck to get him back as a first team regular.

FWIW I think its a bit of therapy from Yogi saying he was being considered for the derby, by all accounts he hasn't looked that good in the closed doors matches.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post

Hope you're right - it would have been a huge advantage at Tynie to have had Kevin in at RB with David moving to midfield to replace Zouma.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I didnt want to say that but i have been thinking that myself.

Hope not as he seems a model professional.
    Sadly, I have to agree.

I hope it's not the end for him as he does have the potential to be a very good player and he is obviously a very strong character to have been able to mentally overcome these injuries, if nothing else. A lot of people would have thrown in the towel by now.

But he has only managed two first team games in almost two years, so I think there has to be a question mark over his long term future in the game.

I hope he proves me wrong, though, and gets back playing in the very near future.

It's a shame on McCann, when he first broke into the team, he looked a real talent, crunching tackles and getting forward a lot. He was going through a really patchy spell before his injury though ( obviously being made a CB didn't help his performance level ) and has never really been able to recover. The first game at home to St Mirren he looked a player really short on fitness, but also looked really short on confidence. He had multiple chances to have a run down the right wing or put crosses into the box. Instead he just chose to play short passes inside. Wotherspoon was moved to RB and was everything and more McCann used to be before his injury.

I just get the feeling if we sign a RB in January, McCann will be released.