hibs.net Messageboard

(NHC) Scotland v Fiji

On the spur of the moment I thought I would take my two boys to Murrayfield today rather than watch Burley's lot on the tv. Never been to a rugby game in my life. We are all ST holders at ER and football rules the roost.

Drove over to the ticket office but they wouldn't sell me a ticket on a match day. 6 people behind the counter, no queue, new customers, maybe boys that might get interested.....but policy is no tickets on match days. Tried the "how many will be there today" tactic but didn't work. Flow chart policy didn't allow any flexibility.

So I left ticketless and drove home. And will now watch the footie on the tv. Madness.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Only in britain. Its as if they dont want people to go to games.I'm not a rugby fan, but thats rediculous.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the spur of the moment I thought I would take my two boys to Murrayfield today rather than watch Burley's lot on the tv. Never been to a rugby game in my life. We are all ST holders at ER and football rules the roost.

Drove over to the ticket office but they wouldn't sell me a ticket on a match day. 6 people behind the counter, no queue, new customers, maybe boys that might get interested.....but policy is no tickets on match days. Tried the "how many will be there today" tactic but didn't work. Flow chart policy didn't allow any flexibility.

So I left ticketless and drove home. And will now watch the footie on the tv. Madness.
    Absolutely bananas. I'm not sure how many tickets they've sold for today's match but I'd be very surprised if it is anywhere near a sell out.

But there again we have

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    According to Jonathan Davies there are about 25,000 tickets sold.

Just seen the stadium. Acres of empty seats.

82,000 sell-out in the San Siro for Italy v. The All-Blacks.

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    That is awful, yet no doubt the SRU will moan about the attendance lack of public interest

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie_Cameron View Post
    That is awful, yet no doubt the SRU will moan about the attendance lack of public interest
    It's been advertised all week as "no tickets on the day" - I've no idea why when they knew this game would be nowhere near a sell-out.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post

WTF?!

How stupid of them.

What possible reasoning could they have for this?