hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^^ Correct!

Time for change on all levels. We must sack the lot of the OF baised sycophants who run/ruin our game!

someone please design a smiley of 'non OF teams uniting'!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    posts re the Huns accounts moved here

Yogi on SSN

summing up his views on celtic and rangers being rejected from the premiership... basically saying that he's happy they are still part of scottish football but feels for them

Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    summing up his views on celtic and rangers being rejected from the premiership... basically saying that he's happy they are still part of scottish football but feels for them
    Good on ye Yogi, patronise the buggers.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    What he really means is...

"I couldn't give a toss where they ended up, they are both rank rotton".

But he's being sensible and keeping it quietly to himself.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Good on ye Yogi, patronise the buggers.

Aw diddums with a big smile on his face.

Not much chance of it happening, but imagine if we, or any other non OF team could do the unthinkable this year and win the league - mass loss of interest from the bigoted OF fans for certain. That could lead to a long decline as they, in particular the Huns, struggle to get temselves back on a decent financial footing.
    Come on the hibbs!! or United, or Well, or Hea....... phew, stopped my drifting into madness just in time

Blog Entries
    Now that they have been well and truly told that it isnt going to happen, if these morally destitute institutions have any pretence to humility they should say:

"Right, thats it. We're now committed to Scottish Football and will work to genuinely strengthen both the domestic product and the SPL's success in Europe. we will work to maximise revenue through sponsorship in an equitable fashion, and develop football across the country".

I suspect we might be in for a wait, but the first time these arrogant ******** say we want to play in England they should be hammered by the SPL and SFA for bringing the game into disrepute. Every time they bleat or bitch directly affects Hibs and all other teams by devaluing the worth of the League.
    Last edited by Twa Cairpets; 12-11-2009 at 04:38 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Rossco1875's Avatar
    ohwell looks like we will beating them on our way to winning the league next season

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Did they actually have a vote on it. It states they need 14 out of the 20 but doesnt mention tehm voting. Sounds like Gartside was just raising this as an excuse to have a go at the SPL re money distribution.
    I think you are right. I was quoting figures from an earlier post. Could be only 1 for, the rest against. Ouch.

Even the one for could be bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    English chief executive Richard Scudamore says, Rangers and Celtic will never join the English Premiership. Whats the betting those deluded tossers will still be talking about just that, next year, the year after and 10 years from now?

Its time for the rest of this countries chairmen to grow a huge set of balls, and restructure the whole of Scottish football, top to bottom. Whats the chances of that?
    Very high, the patter will be that it was 20-0 last time, now they're getting a few English chairmen and managers speaking in favour of them, next time they'll do this, that and the next thing, it will come because Sky will demand it....

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Very high, the patter will be that it was 20-0 last time, now they're getting a few English chairmen and managers speaking in favour of them, next time they'll do this, that and the next thing, it will come because Sky will demand it....

And, that may well be the truth.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    No sponsorship money or TV revenue for starters.

Lower crowds for the diddy teams.
    I don't follow that one.

Look at the crowds in Division One. In many cases they are higher than the SPL. Ross County v ICT attracted a 6,000 crowd whereas the Lanarkshire
    derby between Hamilton and Motherwell was way below 4,000. Dundee are getting crowds in excess of a number of SPL teams.

Division One of the SFL is a very competitive league just as a post OF SPL would be.

Still there is not a chance of it happening.

@hibs.net private member
    it will come because Sky will demand it....

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    And, that may well be the truth.
    Wasn't there claims that Sky were demanding it this time?

Quote Originally Posted by ****gy View Post
    bazaar idea in the first place, corporate greed based.
    The Rangers fan base are union jack wavers any way,
    but Celtic......they are anti english to their rotton core.
    It sounds more like Hearts 'sale of the century'!

Yes, it was obvious that Gartside was using them as a distraction to further his agenda. That one failed miserably. However, the non-story will surface again in a few months, as long as enough OF obsessed balloons are interested. We shouldn't encourage this guff on this board.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Wasn't there claims that Sky were demanding it this time?
    I didn't read that and I very much doubt it was the case.

If Sky demanded it, it would happen.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I didn't read that and I very much doubt it was the case.

If Sky demanded it, it would happen.
    I think it was Ewen Cameron on the radio. Probably no need to say anymore!

Probably the reason turned the mics off on Sunday though - they wouldn't want to harm the reputation of Celtc in advance of this vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Al 2 View Post
    In the Premiership last season the top two clubs took 12.7% of the revenue. In percentage terms the gap from top to bottom in the premiership is much narrower. Bolton's chairman though, as well as thinking the bigots would be a worthwhile addition, wants that gap from top to bottom narrowed as the rewards for the top four in terms of CL revenue will continue to make the top four richer and richer.

A pity there's no chairman in the SPL with the sense to try this argument.

Al

Everytime the Sectarian Franchise isn't quite getting everything it's own way they come up with the "we're off tae England" crap. Everytime they do this the English clubs tell them to F-Off. Is it not about time these deluded sub-humans and their media puppets just accepted they're stuck here and get on with it? Well that won't happen but surely now it's time the rest of the Scottish clubs go together and stood up to these vile parasites who ruin our game?

Other than possibly Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen, the rest of the SPL clubs would most likely bottle it when it comes to resigning from the SPL and leaving the OF to rot. Smaller teams who are more dependent on the OF for income would never be convinced. The only chance there would be of uniting Scottish clubs against them would be to do something along the lines of this:

Create a new "Super SPL" (or maybe some other similar name), bin this stupid 12 team split set up and go for an 18 team league. All SPL teams except the bigots resign from the SPL and offer 6 other places to teams from the SFL - A pretty attractive proposition to the likes of Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith etc. It may also be attractive to teams like Falkirk, Hamilton, St Mirren, Hearts etc who are likely to be flirting with relegation over the next few years. Offer the remaining 2 places to the OF but on the terms of the rest of the teams. If they accept then fine, they'll probably still dominate but the rest will have a bit more of a say in things. If they refuse simply offer the 2 places to the SFL teams and leave them to rot. I'd imagine they'd soon realise that no-one else wants them and come running back demanding to be let back in. At that point we should be charitable and allow them back in but only if they start right at the bottom of Scottish football and let them earn their right to be in the top league in Scotland.

I accept that the above is complete fantasy and will never happen but would it not be great to see the rest of us finally standing up to these bully's?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by In_terms_of View Post
    In terms of user IDs, are you any relation to spell-checker man?

What is most priceless and rather vintage aboot all this is their stupid arse backward business model they have gotten away with for so long;

They spend money to win the League/2nd place
    They get into Europe, make more money, carry on cycle

...if they fail to get into Europe, they're ****ed.
    ...if they fail domestically, they are ****ed

They BOTH continue to pay massive wages but DONT get the income to support their spending - it does not take Professor Hawkings to work oot not enough cash coming IN to support the money being spent OUT = bad sheeeet.

Now, compare this with any other losing company right now (you need only look at some companies far bigger than the huns, say some of the biggest banks in the UK) and one can see all this, on the backdrop of the world global economic crisis in a lifetime is not, by anyones standards, good sheeetmon.

Thus, aye, I can see this heading one way. For all the over-spenders who MUST do well to survive, they inveriably wont.

Live within yer means ya bawbags, or face extinction. They ARE so stupid they WILL Keep paying the big wages, they will continue to lose more than they win to quote a Tonyisim backwards and they WILL fall foul, just like the worlds largest banks, of the global economic downturn.

Meanwhile, we make a small, modest profit or even a modest loss but WE dont act like ********s. We dont buy or spend beyond our means and we STILL manage to sit up there in the league whlst spending vastly less than these erses.

Who's the wee team now?

And that's all before we get to our pals doon Gorgie

Man, its good to be green.

ENDOF

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    So funny listening to real radio tonight, it isnae fair, they're frightened of us, why won't the explain themselves? And so on.

And why should they? It's their league after all. Nice lesson for the OF there, the world does not revolve around them.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    So funny listening to real radio tonight, it isnae fair, they're frightened of us, why won't the explain themselves? And so on.

And why should they? It's their league after all. Nice lesson for the OF there, the world does not revolve around them.
    Aye. Thus meaning they are spending MORE than everyone else in Scotland, no prospect of recovering those costs in Scotland and if they don't do well in Europe (their only means to make some of their money back) they will be living outwith their means........a fine business model if you want to rack up lots of debt with no real clear means of repaying it.

That said, in todays financial climate I'm sure the banks will extend more credit, give them plenty time to repay and of course, indulge their excessive spending as they have plenty spare cash right now to lend

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Precisely. The question the Scottish media seem unable to ask is what's in it for the English. Accepting the OF will only make sense to them if it leads to an increase in total league tv payments which is greater than the amount the OF will take out. How many people who don't currently watch the Premier will be added? I suspect very few.
    This is all about vested interests. The so called Scottish media must be lickin their lips at the thought of covering EPL teams coming to Glasgae, and all the bigger paid jobs that go with it. To think of Chick Young going global id frightening

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    This is all about vested interests. The so called Scottish media must be lickin their lips at the thought of covering EPL teams coming to Glasgae, and all the bigger paid jobs that go with it. To think of Chick Young going global id frightening

Now that is a frightening thought.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post

Do you think he'd still support St Mirren if they moved down there away from the SPL and the scrutiny? Would he ****.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    So they need a 70% vote to get them in but at present they have 70% AGAINST.

Good one

So its the Europa league for them now is it. That is not going to happen any time soon either.

Steady decline of OF ahead.
    Still an improvement of...erm...6...on the vote 9 years ago. I still suspect that the 6 may have crapped themselves if it got close but hey, 6 is still a moral victory and their cunning plan is working. In 30 years they should have 70%. Maybe.
    Cue "the english are feart frae us" brigade.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Still an improvement of...erm...6...on the vote 9 years ago. I still suspect that the 6 may have crapped themselves if it got close but hey, 6 is still a moral victory and their cunning plan is working. In 30 years they should have 70%. Maybe.
    Cue "the english are feart frae us" brigade.
    I dont think thats the case. They never said 6 voted for it.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They are still at it! convinced change will occur in 2 to 5 years and they'll be off to EPL!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/8353937.stm

But Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston believes the Premier League's rejection is not the end of the issue.
    "I don't think it's the end of the talk in terms of moving away because I think there are winds of change moving across Uefa," he said.
    "For Rangers or Celtic to enjoy a profile in a new world order of football, something will need to change in the next two to five years."

Total ****ing ******s!

I'm sick of them and very bored!!