hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Its good to hear our players want to split them rather than join them!
    Space to let

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    There's definitely one person who disagrees with Benji. I happened to hear a bit of the Jambo v Aberdeen commentary on Saturday. It was the guy who talks with a 'bool in his mooth', Scott somebody I think. He stated quite categorically that he was watching the two teams who will be battling for third place this season.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's definitely one person who disagrees with Benji. I happened to hear a bit of the Jambo v Aberdeen commentary on Saturday. It was the guy who talks with a 'bool in his mooth', Scott somebody I think. He stated quite categorically that he was watching the two teams who will be battling for third place this season.
    Complete tool that man is.

Aye... they both look like real 3rd place contenders this season.

First Team Breakthrough
    It is as open a spl that i can ever remember. The old firm are not as strong as they once were, so i suppose Bengi has a point. the problem with the likes of Hibs, Dundee untd, Aberdeen, Hearts is they all give away points to the so called lesser teams. As an example i watched Rangers grind out a result against St. Jonstone when in reality the Saints should have won comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by King Paddy View Post
    It is as open a spl that i can ever remember. The old firm are not as strong as they once were, so i suppose Bengi has a point. the problem with the likes of Hibs, Dundee untd, Aberdeen, Hearts is they all give away points to the so called lesser teams. As an example i watched Rangers grind out a result against St. Jonstone when in reality the Saints should have won comfortably.
    And to each other. The only chance of a real challenge to the OF is ONE good team consistently beating the rest.

I don't think we're currently that team and neither is anyone else.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    And to each other. The only chance of a real challenge to the OF is ONE good team consistently beating the rest.

I don't think we're currently that team and neither is anyone else.
    I say all the other teams in the SPL team up... and decide to let us win every game against them.... that way... we'll top the league for sure!

The more pressure put on the OF the better,I think we almost have what it takes to finish 2nd,we just have to keep injury and suspension free.The OF fans are already getting on their own players backs, long may it continue,we are coming into our own and are beginning to field a settled team, although, I do think four forwards on at a time a wee bit too much and mibbe stifles the scoring opportunities of one or two of our forwards(aye, ah know we have loads of scoring opportunities,just not enough hitting the back of the net).Anyhoos a win against der bun will set us up nicely for the Aberdeen and hertz games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge® View Post
    Rangers are top of the league and have already beaten Celtic.

Celtic have already beaten us.

I'll be delighted if we can finish third.
    By the same level of logic, We've beaten Motherwell 3-1, Celtic couldn't score a goal against them. The above statement means nothing really, none of the sides mentioned have had any real sense of consistancey about thier play this season.

I think that we have the potential to finish high up the table this season, and who knows, maybe even 2nd. Although we have to remember that this squad is a "work in progess" at the time being, JH hasn't even had a whole season to build up his team and get the players in the correct mentality to play the style of fitba he wants us to.

The players should be aiming high. I admire that, as long as they don't get too carried away with themselves.

If you go into a game believing that you can't win, chances are that you won't.....

GGTTH