hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Beuzelin.

Blog Entries

Beuzelin.

I was surprised he wasn't in Hamilton's squad on Saturday. Surely he's not out through injury already.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I'm sure their manager mentioned something about him having to work his way into the first team squad.

So perhaps he wants to see more from him in training before choosing to include him into the first team squad.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    I think the bottom line with Boozy is that he's just not that great. He had an excellent first half of the season when he first joined Hibs, and linked very well with that lad we had on loan whose name I forget. After that he was very inconsistent and far too often injured (the two probably go hand in hand). The only other time I remember thinking he deserved a lot of credit was the CIS Cup semi-final v St Johnstone where he had an absolute stinker yet never hid from the ball and showed a battling quality I'd never really credited him with. Overall then, a player with obvious talent but not the genius some seem to think he was.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure their manager mentioned something about him having to work his way into the first team squad.

So perhaps he wants to see more from him in training before choosing to include him into the first team squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    I think the bottom line with Boozy is that he's just not that great. He had an excellent first half of the season when he first joined Hibs, and linked very well with that lad we had on loan whose name I forget. After that he was very inconsistent and far too often injured (the two probably go hand in hand). The only other time I remember thinking he deserved a lot of credit was the CIS Cup semi-final v St Johnstone where he had an absolute stinker yet never hid from the ball and showed a battling quality I'd never really credited him with. Overall then, a player with obvious talent but not the genius some seem to think he was.
    I thought he was a bit over-hyped with us but I honestly thought that even a half match fit Beuzelin would get into a Hamilton squad. I think he will be regretting turning down the one year contract at Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I was surprised he wasn't in Hamilton's squad on Saturday. Surely he's not out through injury already.
    he was on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Hibee View Post
    he was on the bench

Quite agree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Hibee View Post
    he was on the bench
    Apologies...........one of the Sunday rags had omitted his name but I see he's there in my morning paper.

Not to get into another Beuzelin debate, but he had far more to show for than just 'one good season' when he first joined. He was a huge part of the 2005/06 side when they were at their best, and one of the most important players in Collins' team from the Motherwell 6-1, Celtic 2-2 days right through to playing Rangers off the park at Ibrox. Yes he wasn't exceptional week after week, but he had as many truly good games as most players in those teams did.

Rocastle

I wonder what he is up to? Do you think he could do a job for us still? The type of Matty Jack player we are crying out for!!

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mon the Hibs View Post
    Rocastle

I wonder what he is up to? Do you think he could do a job for us still? The type of Matty Jack player we are crying out for!!

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Not to get into another Beuzelin debate, but he had far more to show for than just 'one good season' when he first joined. He was a huge part of the 2005/06 side when they were at their best, and one of the most important players in Collins' team from the Motherwell 6-1, Celtic 2-2 days right through to playing Rangers off the park at Ibrox. Yes he wasn't exceptional week after week, but he had as many truly good games as most players in those teams did.

He was key to the start of the season under Collins when we went top at Ibrox, but got injured for the next game against Motherwell and we never really recovered. A fantastic player on his day with the technical ability to walk into most SPL sides, his performances against Lennon and Ferguson were at times sensational.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Boozy - a player who could be a hero or a huddie or a huddie or a huddie.

He made those around him look good, not by doing "unseen" work but by always being available as an out-ball.

I'm glad Miller seems to have a similar level of spatial awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mon the Hibs View Post
    Rocastle

Matty Jack was a good player
    Last edited by Scotthibs1875; 20-10-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Repeating myself here, but he was never the same after Naismith's assault at rugby park.