hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: The Derby

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

The Derby

I know everyone will moan to me and think i'm stupid , but we need not be saying to yams 'aw we're going to pump yaes' and all the rest of it , as we never know what will happen in a derby so please keep it shut untill after the match and hopefuly we will be able to rub their faces in it. On another note if you listen to JJ's interview on bbc sport scotland it shows what getting behind the team in voice not just numbers does

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know everyone will moan to me and think i'm stupid , but we need not be saying to yams 'aw we're going to pump yaes' and all the rest of it , as we never know what will happen in a derby so please keep it shut untill after the match and hopefuly we will be able to rub their faces in it. On another note if you listen to JJ's interview on bbc sport scotland it shows what getting behind the team in voice not just numbers does
    How many times has that phrase came back to haunt us ???

Agree mate, look what happened to the Yams last season!! giving it big licks before the game at the PBS. Don't mind us having a laugh at the **** over the road but the "we're going to pump you lot" might just be a bit premature.

well any 'phrase' that goes along thoose lines has come back to haunt us many times and them look at the last derby of the season

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar

Will never stop believing.

don't but lets not us be the one's that are made a fool off , just laugh at their position etc but dont have egg on your face;)

I'm never confident before a derby.

Still, that's not gonna stop me winding the *****ers up like.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    don't but lets not us be the one's that are made a fool off , just laugh at their position etc but dont have egg on your face;)
    That will never happen...

For those lot cannot afford eggs.

I will keep my eyes wide open for flying deed rats though.

half the fun is the pre match ribbing, the other half comes post-match

all we can say is that if it comes down to form and skill level etc we will win.

of course it doesnt always come down to that, but this is a strong hibs team and the worst hearts squad that i can recall.

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar

Re: The Derby

I think anyone who is saying we will pump them needs a reality check. Yes we have a better team abilty wise but that means **** all and I'll certainly be keeping tight lipped toll after the game.

Who made you fans spokesmann, telling fellow hibbies to "please keep it shut"??