hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Hogg

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

Chris Hogg

Complete mince the day.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Did his job of defending pretty well imho as did all the defensive unit hence the clean sheet.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I thought he was no bad, he needs to work on his passing though

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    couple of sclaffed clearances, but a million miles away from mince. However, it has become very fashoinable to slate him.

Decent shift - better than Bamba who couldn't win the ball against Kyle without giving away a foul in the first half.

Actually thought hogg was quite good today especially compared to bamba

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    couple of sclaffed clearances, but a million miles away from mince. However, it has become very fashoinable to slate him.

Decent shift - better than Bamba who couldn't win the ball against Kyle without giving away a foul in the first half.
    Seriously? Bamba was my MOTM.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    Seriously? Bamba was my MOTM.
    Not in the first half. Every time he touched Kyle he gave away a foul. He then ran up the park and gave the ball away, leaving his position empty.

However, that's not to say he had a poor overall game. It's very hard to play CH in such a cavalier team.

Clean sheet and still slated. Did we slag le god when he was caught twice against smellic when they scored three against us...no.

Clean sheet and victory. Will do for me every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo the Hibby View Post
    Clean sheet and still slated. Did we slag le god when he was caught twice against smellic when they scored three against us...no.

Clean sheet and victory. Will do for me every week.
    Its very possible for a defender to play poorly but still keep a clean sheet. Its a team game...

1st half he made some brilliant last ditch challenges, but it looked like he started to doubt himself and he went downhill really quick. think hes a big confidence player.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Thought Hogg was good in the 1st half. 2nd half he lost concentration a couple of times but overall thought he was ok today.

Slating hogg is getting really boring now thought he played well today espe ially 1st half and think over past couple of games he's starting to look like the hogg of old hence no chris hogg slating threads after last 2 games think people are just waiting 4 him 2 make a mistake then come on here & say he was mince IMO he did well 2day & hopefully will improve again nxt week and keep another clean sheet

Blog Entries
    Complete mince the day.
    Aaawww,I remember when my baws dropped,voice broke,and,I was covered in zits.Personally I blamed God,but then I was a few years younger than you

Thought he had a very strong first half and only let himself down with a couple of sclaffs in the second.

Mince? Get real.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    i thought Hogg did very well today up until the last 20 minutes or so when he started getting a bit erratic but he got away with it.

Hopefully John Hughes realises his mistake in making Hogg the Captain and finds a new CH in the window.
    Then he can give the armband to Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Thought Hogg was good in the 1st half. 2nd half he lost concentration a couple of times but overall thought he was ok today.
    Can't see what he gives to the team.
    According to Yogi he is a model professional off the pitch.
    On the pitch Hogg is very good at pointing, also does a good job getting the mascots into the centre circle before kick off.
    Unfortunately he is a slow negative player who is the polar opposite of what I would expect from a club captain. If Yogi has any ambition then I would be surprised if Hogg clings on to a first team place beyond the January window.

Hogg was poor today,especially second half.Kilmarnock's most dangerous player at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Not in the first half. Every time he touched Kyle he gave away a foul. He then ran up the park and gave the ball away, leaving his position empty.

However, that's not to say he had a poor overall game. It's very hard to play CH in such a cavalier team.
    Have to disagree with that point. I'd re-phrase that and say that everything he touched Kyle the ref gave a foul.

Kyle kept bending over as if he wanted a bit of the Bamba Baloney...

As for Hogg, I quite like him but he looks like a man who knows his numder's up IMO. Looks shot of confidence. Maybe the potential Barr deal? Who knows? But something doesn't seem right.

On a slightly different note, I'd love to see a bit more of Galbraith. Seems a lively lad who should be given more of a chance. I always thought of Yogi as a 'work ethic manager' but this clearly isn't the case as Deeks faded/disappeared (yet again IMO) in the second half.

Galbraith would've maybe given us a wee injection of pace later in the game down the left.

Although what do I know? The square route of bugger all!

Anyhoo, another 3 points whilst not hitting top gear.

GGTTH
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 17-10-2009 at 08:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    He was fine in the one on one challenges he had to make today.

However when a ball was punted in his general direction with a Killie player nearby he was a nightmare-a couple of sclaffed efforts that could have conceded goals, a couple of occasions when he could have easily controlled the ball but panicked and punted it-and a couple of occasions when he could have passed the ball forward easily but did not lift his head to look and then chose to pass the ball to Stack.

A poor performance after a couple of decent ones

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    Hopefully John Hughes realises his mistake in making Hogg the Captain and finds a new CH in the window.
    Then he can give the armband to Murray.

Yup agree completely !.................He doesn't do a sh**load of work as Hibs captain,regarding any charity gigs.......school duties...........help the young players................. act a total Gentleman,to all he meets...........

He has been VOTED our "most consistent player" in the past !

couple of bad bits today ( in an otherwise fine performance )and we get the above Guff

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Defensively he was ok, however his distribution today was not up to scratch at times. Will need to improve.

rob jones looked after hoggy, now hes on his own with the added preasure of being captian. too much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Yup agree completely !.................He doesn't do a sh**load of work as Hibs captain,regarding any charity gigs.......school duties...........help the young players................. act a total Gentleman,to all he meets...........

He has been VOTED our "most consistent player" in the past !

couple of bad bits today ( in an otherwise fine performance )and we get the above Guff
    I think think you'll find our vice-Captain is always willing to represent the club in these situations and act appropriately. Ian is also a very consistent player. In my opinion Hogg is not improving as a player, doesn't, IMO, come over as a good leader on the pitch and should be replaced.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    I think think you'll find our vice-Captain is always willing to represent the club in these situations and act appropriately. Ian is also a very consistent player. In my opinion Hogg is not improving as a player, doesn't, IMO, come over as a good leader on the pitch and should be replaced.

we'll agree to disagree then .

@hibs.net private member
    I was more impressed with Hogg's performance than Bamba's to be honest. Whilst Wotherspoon is good going forward, he is not a full back and is still inexperienced which is obvious at times, Hogg had the responsibility of covering for the lad as well looking after his own game. A physical battle with a big huddie like Kyle was alway going to be up big Sol's street and with Ian Murray as solid as a rock all he really had to do was make sure Kyle won nothing in the air which admittedly he did well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Aaawww,I remember when my baws dropped,voice broke,and,I was covered in zits.Personally I blamed God,but then I was a few years younger than you
    whats that got to do with anything?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Complete mince the day.

Had a couple of hairy moments but his overall performance was impressive.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Whenever he gets the ball, he slows the game down. He's never alert enough, he gets bullied off the ball by weaker looking players, and dont start me on that ****in crossfield ball that never seems to reach its intended target, if there is an intended target?

Darren Barr is hopefully coming in january, please let it be to replace Hogg.