hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I remember the 1980 SC final well because I was actually there near the back of the Celtic End ( just a month after I`d been about only Hibby at that end when we lost semi 0v5 ) . It was a very hot day and scenes at end were not great but my main memory is of after the match ,walking through Gorbals back to centre of Glasgow surrounded by Celtic fans - there were no celebrations just a very subdued atmosphere - the end of match incidents had a huge impact on most fans there . It was a long time ago but reckon that winning goal was a Sneddon shot deflected in by George McCluskey and Mike Conroy was one of Celtic`s best that day so future Hibbies ha a big part to play .
    As for booze in grounds in Scotland , totally opposed to it . It`s obvious reading comments here after every semi and final at Hampden that not enough is done to control entry of drunk fans at big matches . BTG and Hibs Club are fine for Hibs fans who want their beer money to go to club and there are loads of pubs near ground ( some of them will have attracted many fans to Holy Ground - do we just abandon them now ? ) . If our marketing team can only think of booze to boost our income we need to look elsewhere for marketing . Also are there not European Union laws about alcohol in grounds ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't dislike the OF in a sense because I can remember when it was a fair competion for the League. You went along and watched Hibs against the OF and it was a big game but you always felt we had a chance. You still do now but somehow.....

Importantly, the OF feared Hibs and Hearts as equals. That was the 60/70s.