hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: "Premium TV"

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar

"Premium TV"

Is it just me or is everyone else pi**ed off with the service from premiumTV. I have sent them 4 emails in the last two weeks with not a dickie bird in reply. I can't even subscribe to their frickin service as the page gives me an error every time I try. HI might have been a little poor in the aesthetic sense but at least I got an answer to my emails within hours.

2. Log in to remove the advert

38 views and still not a single reply. must be me then :violin

46 views now. come one, throw me a frickin' bone here!

That's very unlike PTV, they usually take your money first then don't contact you. They're an absolute shambles of a company and I'm just surprised they haven't been found out yet - was very disappointed when I found out that they were to take over from HI.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Do they have a telephone contact number if you have a problem. I am a subscriber and find the service to be acceptable
    Gerard

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Does anyone else have to put their details in EVERY time you want to watch something? With the last one, it remembered my username and password.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone else have to put their details in EVERY time you want to watch something? With the last one, it remembered my username and password.

It remembers my User name and Password (took its time though) but doesn't log me straight in which is quite annoying.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Jelloun View Post
    It remembers my User name and Password (took its time though) but doesn't log me straight in which is quite annoying.
    Probably something i am doing wrong, although it is a right pain.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Where did all the archive footage go, now it only goes back to 2007!?! Hibernian Interactive (or whatever you want to call it) has gotten steadily worse instead of better.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    So is the whole Interactive package now being run/broadcast by premium TV?

Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    Where did all the archive footage go, now it only goes back to 2007!?! Hibernian Interactive (or whatever you want to call it) has gotten steadily worse instead of better.
    Hadn't checked that but very disappointing if thats the case, one of the best things about HI was having all that archive footage there ready to watch.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    My subscription has now been cancelled as I used paypal to pay for it.

Can't be bothered to sign up again - especially reading some of these problems that have cropped up.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    The reason for that shamo9 is simply due to the amount of material which needs to be transferred over to PTV. As has been said, the archive is pretty extensive and unfortunately it's not an overnight job to transfer it over. AFAIK, it is being worked on on a daily basis and as a result the archive section should steadily increase over time to a point where everything is back available.

I'd be grateful though if you could give me examples of what else has got steadily worse in your view. For example, there are now daily interviews added with players and the manager. The weekly press call is now available to view as well and the academy section is now getting weekly content added. All of this is way more than was previosuly offered and in the main has generated good feedback.

Seems like there's some reduced content but speaking as an overseas supporter the "live" games have all been very good so far this season. Some games with HI were prone to freezing, so if that's been cleared up then I'm no complaining
    There's more interviews as well.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vahibbie View Post
    Seems like there's some reduced content but speaking as an overseas supporter the "live" games have all been very good so far this season. Some games with HI were prone to freezing, so if that's been cleared up then I'm no complaining
    There's more interviews as well.

That issue does appear to have sorted itself out (touch wood!) though I don't believe much if anything has changed on the live games front. The live games to my knowledge are still dealt with directly by the HTV matchday team. I do know that other things like the live audio commentaries have been added to with PTV providing live match stats to go along with the commentaries.

As with anything new it will take a little time for some stuff to bed in and sort itself out and for people to get used to it but overall the aim is naturally to take what was previously offered and improve upon it.

While I would have to agree that some of the content on Hibs Television has shown an improvement it seems to me that it was the HI team that brought it about rather the the Premium TV guys (the interviews with the players and Yogi for example - that's not Premium TV's idea - they're not Hibs fans they don't give a sxxx about the club). The improved style or design doesn't really interest me; I got everything I wanted on the old site: it's content I want, not style.

My bug with the new service is that of the archives. I fully understand it takes time to migrate the files from A to B, but I do not understand the move to the flash format because it is absolute cxxx. The screen resolution is atrocious for the older material although not the more recent material for some reason? I can now watch the old highlights on a ca. 2 to 3 inch screen area or click to see it 'full screen' and see nothing, because the flash format cannot handle it. HI went that way a while back and rejected the idea - Premium TV obviously doesn't care about that I guess, perhaps because their platform is set up to handle flash only?

As to any replies to emails I got one to one email I sent them recently outlining my 'issues' with the change in site, but no further replies. At the former HI, I was ALWAYS replied to promptly, sometimes within minutes!

The live service is as ever pretty perfect!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp® View Post
    The reason for that shamo9 is simply due to the amount of material which needs to be transferred over to PTV. As has been said, the archive is pretty extensive and unfortunately it's not an overnight job to transfer it over. AFAIK, it is being worked on on a daily basis and as a result the archive section should steadily increase over time to a point where everything is back available.

I'd be grateful though if you could give me examples of what else has got steadily worse in your view. For example, there are now daily interviews added with players and the manager. The weekly press call is now available to view as well and the academy section is now getting weekly content added. All of this is way more than was previosuly offered and in the main has generated good feedback.
    Three months and still nothing has changed. I appreciate my comments previously were a bit OTT, but at least back then you felt that the guys running it were passionate about Hibs and therefore actual gave a damn.

Three months and still nothing has changed. I appreciate my comments previously were a bit OTT, but at least back then you felt that the guys running it were passionate about Hibs and therefore actual gave a damn.
    And still do. The old archives, at least in terms of HI content from the last 10 years, should be on the site by the end of this week, start of next at the latest.

A large number of videos from the old Hibernian Interactive archive are now on the Hibernian TV site.