hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole debte was started by me suggesting that the fans are the only constant in Hibs constant under achievement.

In the league and the cups, smaller teams have regular done better than us. Yet we change directors, we change coaches, we change managers, we change players but nothing fundamentally changes.

So let's say that there's no foundation to my original argument, how do posters diagnose continued underachievement for this 'big club' of ours despite all personnel everywhere changing every few years?
    The fans can and do make a difference at times but to blame the support for the underachievement of generations of footballers is well wide of the mark IMO.
    In fact I'd say that the equation works better in reverse - the support as a whole is less boisterous and noisy and the ever present moaners more voluble as a result, precisely because of the morale sapping effects of decades of underachievement.
    So why the underachievement? Well the biggest factor, as pointed out above, is undoubtedly the continuing duopoly of the Ugly Sisters in Scottish football. But you could also add to that mis-management on a grand scale from the likes of Waugh and Duff and Gray. That mismanagement has thankfully now been consigned to the dustbin of history as the club is now as well run as it has ever been (in my memory anyway).
    Looking forward, Hibs now have a chance to progress thanks to the firm foundations laid down by a decade plus of steady leadership. Whether the underachievement is turned into achievement on the park comes down to the efforts of the manager and the players - we as a support can help a little bit by getting behind them and doing our best to drive them on every week - only a little bit mind as the main part of the equation is the abilities and mentality of the players and the manager - but every little bit helps so if you asked me if it's worth making the effort then my answer would be a resounding YES!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

Yogi One, Gannon Nil

Well Done Yogi, now lets get consistant.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Wonder if Ryehill will have a look in
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Bet TQM is lying low tonight!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    No no no, wait there, some Hibs fans think Gannon is some kind of Messiah and that we made a simply shocking move going for Hughes instead of him
    HUGHES 1-0 GANNON
    Last edited by California-Hibs; 26-09-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Still waiting on him saying how much he wants on Motherwell to finish above us.

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    Well Done Yogi, now lets get consistant.

Consistant with regards to hibs?
    when has that ever happened?

Good result today, but remeber the last few weeks though, it seems we play well and lose(smeltic),play badly one week and win(st johnstone ) and then play badly and lose(cup vs st johnstone) and play well and win(today),
    so consistant and hibs dont go together that well me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post

Good result today, but remember the last few weeks though, it seems we play well and lose(smeltic),play badly one week and win(st johnstone ) and then play badly and lose(cup vs st johnstone) and play well and win(today),
    consistently inconsistent

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post

Good result today, but remeber the last few weeks though, it seems we play well and lose(smeltic),play badly one week and win(st johnstone ) and then play badly and lose(cup vs st johnstone) and play well and win(today),
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    consistently inconsistent
    The McLeish days, McLeish kept the same core of players or back bone and then placed his pawns around them........

Maybe just needing time for new team/players to gel and for the two "quality" buys to get match fit?