hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yogi (merged)

Yogi (merged)

4 midfielders brought in, a striker and a goalie - no defenders.

We already had Murray and Bamba for the midfield, why get McBride and Gregg?

Jones needed replacing but Yogi didn't think we had to or couldn't get anybody, big mistake.

RB had to be addressed but wasn't.

Yogi's not a newcomer so why the basic mistakes?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Perhaps thought that he had a few decent defenders in Hogg, Murray and Bamba? FWIW I think that Yogi has brought in some quality players, but on tonights eveidence he is still looking for the right combination at the back.

First Team Regular
    Oh how we need a center half to control the defence or it will happen every week,Hughes should at least admit we need one and he cant find one.THIS IS BAD

Faxed Back to Kaunas

Has Petrie appointed another dud manager?

I wonder if Rod Petrie is starting to worry about the cash he freed up for Yogi to use on players. Seems we've cleared a lot of dead wood and replaced it with new wood - of the lightweight balsa variety. How can a manager who constantly preaches passion for the game and will talk Hibs from dusk till dawn put a side on the pitch which seems to care not a jot for the game or the club?

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Behave yourself.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby 2005 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Because we had no right sided players. Who is Gregg?

Jones needed replacing but Yogi didn't think we had to or couldn't get anybody, big mistake.

That's right, the money offered for Livesey wasn't enough for Carlisle to part with him.

Still being addressed.

Because buying a whole new team is not as easy as you make it out to be.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicky Ranks View Post
    I wonder if Rod Petrie is starting to worry about the cash he freed up for Yogi to use on players. Seems we've cleared a lot of dead wood and replaced it with new wood - of the lightweight balsa variety. How can a manager who constantly preaches passion for the game and will talk Hibs from dusk till dawn put a side on the pitch which seems to care not a jot for the game or the club?
    FFS he's had half a dozen games. We need stability at the club and I am sure he'll sort all this out if he's given the time he deserves. We've been pish for 2 years - it can't be turned around overnight.

Yes, he took his last club to the brink of relegation and this time, he won't make the same mistake. We'll go down for definite and when we do, it will be exactly what the fans deserve.

Sniff.

far too early to judge

Jesus Christ!

Wonder how this place would react if we ever had REAL problems at the club.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Not you again - never give up do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Because buying a whole new team is not as easy as you make it out to be.
    It's all about priorities non?

Whilst it's still far to early for this kind of chat it is a genuine concern that he's not been able to get a decent performance, bar Celtic in spells, out of what I honestly think is the 3rd best squad in the league by some distance.

He's had more than enough time to come up with a system to suit but appears to have picked a rotten one and is reluctant to change it, I'm sure he will see the error of his ways soon though...

Aberdeen fans might be asking the same about Mark McGhee.

Nah, John Hughes will be fine but I would like to see a bit more talking and passion from somebody in the middle of the park.

Still think we need an experienced head somewhere in the team who can chivvy up the players etc when the going gets tough.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Exactly. The lack of passion in the second half of Collins' reign and for most of Mixu's tenure was depressing but this lot look like they couldn't care less.

Mixu was inexperienced, Yogi isn't and claims to know what needs done.

It's all about priorities non?
    Oui and we buy our new players according to the new manager's priorities coupled with who he can actually get and we take to the field with new players and new manager and are still crap.

What does this tell you?

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by GC View Post
    Jesus Christ!

REAL problems will come soon enough on current evidence. We'll get beat on Saturday (by a side put together on a couple of brass buttons but by a manager who looks a lot more clued up than Yogi about how to get the best out of his players) and then watch us slide quickly into lowly Hearts territory.

First Team Breakthrough borders.cabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: brendisgod
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    Aberdeen fans might be asking the same about Mark McGhee.

Nah, John Hughes will be fine but I would like to see a bit more talking and passion from somebody in the middle of the park.

Still think we need an experienced head somewhere in the team who can chivvy up the players etc when the going gets tough.
    Ian Murray should be doing this, he was wearing the captains armband tonight wasn't he ?
    Total lack of leadership tonight.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Jesus Christ!

We've had real problems ever since we won the cup in 2007 yet a lot on here seem to think finishing sixth three seasons running (in addition to crashing out of the CIS three seasons running to teams you'd expect to beat at home) is nothing to get bothered about. Folk also bemoan the lack of atmosphere at ER these days. Well if most the fans ain't really that bothered then why should the players be?

And yes, I know things have been much worse, but these days we have an infrastructure in place that should make this club more than capable of finishing best of the rest on a regular basis. It ain't happening and that to me is a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    REAL problems will come soon enough on current evidence. We'll get beat on Saturday (by a side put together on a couple of brass buttons but by a manager who looks a lot more clued up than Yogi about how to get the best out of his players) and then watch us slide quickly into lowly Hearts territory.
    Can you give me the lottery number for Saturday, seeing as you already know we will get beat by Motherwell.

This place is beyond belief, I'm pissed off with tonight's result and the performances I have witnessed at times this season aswell but I'm realistic enough to know we're at the start of a road to building a squad at Hibs.

No REAL problems at Hibs at the moment Mag, none on the horizon either.

Can you give me the lottery number for Saturday, seeing as you already know we will get beat by Motherwell.

This place is beyond belief, I'm pissed off with tonight's result and the performances I have witnessed at times this season aswell but I'm realistic enough to know we're at the start of a road to building a squad at Hibs.

No REAL problems at Hibs at the moment Mag, none on the horizon either.
    Except perhaps a third consecutive operating loss requiring the selling of players or eating into of banked capital?

We've had real problems ever since we won the cup in 2007 yet a lot on here seem to think finishing sixth three seasons running (in addition to crashing out of the CIS three seasons running to teams you'd expect to beat at home) is nothing to get bothered about. Folk also bemoan the lack of atmosphere at ER these days. Well if most the fans ain't really that bothered then why should the players be?

And yes, I know things have been much worse, but these days we have an infrastructure in place that should make this club more than capable of finishing best of the rest on a regular basis. It ain't happening and that to me is a real problem.
    I would suggest some form of mood control pill for you if this is the reaction to a defeat in the cup, no matter how bad the result/performance is it does not equate to real problems at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by borders.cabbage View Post
    Ian Murray should be doing this, he was wearing the captains armband tonight wasn't he ?
    Total lack of leadership tonight.
    That's partly my point, I don't think we have a motivational type player on the park who booms out instructions and kicks asses whenever it's required.

Murray likes to lead by example granted, but for me Hibs need a player who is a right pain in the arse, somebody who constantly needles his own players.

Don't know about you but all the amateur teams I've played for I can think of at least 2 or 3 guys per team which I wouldnae have wanted to be the one to let these guys down.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Except perhaps a third consecutive operating loss requiring the selling of players or eating into of banked capital?
    I don't know how the season will pan out, I still believe we can get into Europe, we may reach a semi final in the Scottish(we may also go out in the 3rd round) that would result in more finances for the club obviously and counter the loss that this defeat will cost us, I said on an earlier thread that this defeat would be horrendous and is it but not on the scale that some are pointing at.

So until that happens I'll go with the flow and address issues as and when they arrive.

I think I'm on my own with this one but all the way I feel.

Riordan will be sold sooner rather than later, shame about the penalties.

I don't know how the season will pan out, I still believe we can get into Europe, we may reach a semi final in the Scottish(we may also go out in the 3rd round) that would result in more finances for the club obviously and counter the loss that this defeat will cost us, I said on an earlier thread that this defeat would be horrendous and is it but not on the scale that some are pointing at.

So until that happens I'll go with the flow and address issues as and when they arrive.

I think I'm on my own with this one but all the way I feel.

No your not G

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    That's partly my point, I don't think we have a motivational type player on the park who booms out instructions and kicks asses whenever it's required.

Murray likes to lead by example granted, but for me Hibs need a player who is a right pain in the arse, somebody who constantly needles his own players.

Don't know about you but all the amateur teams I've played for I can think of at least 2 or 3 guys per team which I wouldnae have wanted to be the one to let these guys down.
    Like Jody Morris did tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    No your not G

We might be in the minority here Susan